[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Yep. One t6 at the begining of league with like 200k tooltip dps on CA and later I did shaper? or elder guard too, takes some time but it was faster than I thought. I think it 'll go even smoother with my pathfinder coz it has like double the dps of my previous raider.

Hi guys. This week was very good for me, I got unnatural instinct, 5 passives voices and eye with 2 impales, with over 60 ex in my pocket I decided to craft +5 bow, I already got 6 linked maraketh bow, so I started buying reonators, fossils etc. From 8 resonator slam I finally got desired +1 strength +1 agility suffix, was lucky on annul and then started crafting bow. After tons of currency lost (console market is a bit different than PC one) I managed to craft a nice bow, I didn't check pob, but in tooltip it was only a 50000 dps upgrade from my previous bow(+1/+2 gems and double damage over time). This upgrade is nothing, I can put some rare jewel with chaos/area/projectile damage and get same result. If you decided to go full damage just buy 6linked bow without influence and just spam alts until you hit damage over time multi.

I just wanna say again build is nice and smooth, can kill everything without some real investment. Right now I have 1.1 tooltip dps and I feel fine.
Same, mine kills everything rather fast with tooltip sitting over 1 mil dps. I don't feel like I need more at this point.
Last edited by MrPluszu on May 1, 2020, 9:15:33 AM
Since I have quiver with 2 penetrating base and projectiles pierce an additional target I may refund 3 passives right? 2x projectile damage and piercing shots.

Where should I put them? :> Any suggestions, should I use them for closest jewels?

Guys, is it reasonable to continue crafting this bow? It seems like I can just slap +2 Support Gems and 40% Chaos Multi on it and call it a day.

The Damage over Time Multi is only T3 but it would be budget-y upgrade for my starter +3 bow. I only have 4ex on the bank.

Eventually I could slam it with another Ex and pray for something good, right?

Thoughts? Waste of time or OK for saving some currency?
Report status on my meme totem build, if you're curious to see what i've been up to.

Spoiler
I didn't play too much recently but in past 2 days i made a decent progress. To remind, i'm using Champion and use ballistas to deal damage. I stack cluster jewels to increase ballista's count up to 9 (ideally). I also use reverse knockback to vacuum enemies.

First of all i switched to TR totems without knockback shenanigans shortly after my previous post. Single target damage was much better, but honestly it felt bad to play. The damage is delayed and requires short ramp up to beat RoA Impale (currently). Overall, it felt bad to clear maps with TR. Not to mention removing reverse knockback also made the build dull. Not a big fan.

However with enough investment i can easily see TR being better. Higher gem level (had only lvl 19 TR), 2nd large cluster jewel, extra AoE (for single target) and arrows (for clear) should make it absolutely amazing. Very likely it covers whole screen and with enough damage the ramp up shouldn't be necessary. Deadeye/Pathfinder seem like optimal choice here for damage. So i might try it one day, but in softcore.

I switched back to RoA Impale after few hours of playtime. The good news is that i made a big progress to solve my damage problem. One of the main issues with the build should be enemy's armour reducing my damage significantly. Since i use Point Blank, my damage at longer range is reduce and armour further enhances. The moment enemy gets close and is also affected by Pride the damage again "double dips" but in my favour. It's easy to solve with Awakened Brutality, Hunter influenced bow or Farsight annointment (BiS damage annointment for the build).

Low accuracy also prevents me from switching to other bows other than Lioneye's Glare, so either i craft "Can't Evade" mod on a bow or solve it through other means. I could give up Champion's perma Fortify, but i definitely won't. It shouldn't be too hard to get enough accuracy to be honest.

I managed to get really lucky and craft 2 impale cluster jewels with like 20 jagged fossils, so i just got massive damage boost thanks to it. Overall, i can see this build reaching quite good damage in the long run. Not kidding. With better specific rares and high levels i should be able to also reach up to 7000 life. Sounds good to me.

I look forward to see what this build is capable of. I'm considering making a guide too. Of course - test first, guide later.

"
Om3nov wrote:
Spoiler
Since I have quiver with 2 penetrating base and projectiles pierce an additional target I may refund 3 passives right? 2x projectile damage and piercing shots.

Where should I put them? :> Any suggestions, should I use them for closest jewels?

Yes, with 3 arrows (which you get from Dying Sun i see) you can respec those passives. Jewel sockets or cluster jewels is likely the best idea.

"
mccready wrote:
Spoiler

Guys, is it reasonable to continue crafting this bow? It seems like I can just slap +2 Support Gems and 40% Chaos Multi on it and call it a day.

The Damage over Time Multi is only T3 but it would be budget-y upgrade for my starter +3 bow. I only have 4ex on the bank.

Eventually I could slam it with another Ex and pray for something good, right?

Thoughts? Waste of time or OK for saving some currency?

Multimodding takes a lot of currency, so in my opinion you should try getting tier 1 DoT multi instead. If you're spending such big amount of money on something, it better be worth it. In current state it's very easy to replace it by spamming few hundred alterations (so like 1 ex in SC trade league?).
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Finally I have free time to play PoE this league. After watching so many stream I feel like this league is going to be rippy league and damn it's rippy.

I died so many times to new on death effect and stuttering, After I removed all my freaking mtx I'm more able to spot those on death effect.

I tried Simulacrum. Kosis and Omniphobia are easy to kill, but sometime I can't kill them. I'm not sure is it because the mods empowering them or something.

100% Delirious Map is so stupid in my opinion. The monsters is so tanky and fast... Its just stupid. Maybe there is a way to do those map?

enough for the rant. I have fun playing this build QoL is so good.
Just want to share my Sirus 8 deathless to you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8r2Tkz88lk (I'm still learning the mechanic)

As always Thank you for great build guide and maintaining it.
Last time this guide has been so silent was back in 3.1 - 3.3 before CA buffs. I'm very surprised, but also somewhat pleased - because comments often mean questions. If there's no questions, then the guide likely does it's job and answers everything you could think of. I hope this is the case here.

I didn't do much progress towards new guide, but i'm slowly getting there. I did play a bunch on my meme build that becomes better the more i play it. It's not even that expensive. You only need few key items and the rest is mostly cluster jewels and shaped boots. Specific stats are required like a lot of dexterity and that's about it.

Recent gameplay i recorded, T16 Drox + map clear

To sum up what i have right now:
* Level 97 in hardcore trade league
* ~6k life, up to 7k - 7,5k life with Kaom's Heart which i can wear
* 1,5 - 2,0 million single target dps, with right gear i could get up to 3 million maybe?
* Ele ailment immunity
* Perma 24% fortify, which can be boosted to 29% or even 32% with special crafts
* Taunting totems (10% or 20% less damage, people say it's 20% but i can't say for sure)
* 30k+ armour with flasks, which equals a big Molten Shell
* 1,5 - 2,0 million single target dps, with right gear i could get up to 3 million maybe?

Overall, very solid and fun too for a totem build. Of course not without weaknesses which are degens, delve, legions, flask uptime and end game bosses that cannot be knocked back. I want to make a video out of it, guide depends heavily on integration of cluster jewels / delirium into core game. Besides that, i might try going for level 100 on this guy. I'm over half-way there after all.

That's it for this update.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Looks very fun actually Danka :D
No questions here for me per say, I just hit 100 on my other build so I'm over here contemplating on giving this a shot to see how it feels and maybe make it my leaguestarter.
I would really love to find that one build that I start the league with and would hold up for more than a few days.
The only thing I can see that would annoy me ever so slightly is the lack of single target but thats the case of most builds this kind I suppose ^^
To be honest you'll have a hard time to find a "league starter" that has both clear speed and single target and doesn't get mega nerfed by GGG next season because it was too good. (Yes, I'm really expecting archmage stormbrand to get dunked on.)

A lot of the "can easily kill bosses on a budget" builds get the feedback or slow / clunky map clear before sufficient investment. So it's kinda "pick your poison" type of game. Or "good clear, good bossing, cheap budget - pick 2"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info