[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
some1awesome wrote:
I am having a hard time figuring out what im lacking. i up the gem lvls and still nowhere close to the guides pob. could someone help me out ? https://pastebin.com/v5C3tmSg

Well you have 500k dot dps that doesn't look bad for your budget gear.

If you want to get higher, you need empower lvl 3 or better lvl 4. You need a double dot bow (chaos dot multi prefix + dot multi suffix) and after you get empower, +2 to level of support gems is a better option instead of +2 to bow gems (but you need empower first).

You want to get chaos dot multi on gloves (don't waste money on gripped gloves the prefix doesn't work) and chaos dot multi or the dot multi on quiver (both together is fairly expensive, but best option). Then there's a helmet with -9 chaos resist aura but that got harder to make this season (requires lvl 85 hunter helmet).

You should anoint the neck. Getting amulet with chaos multi or / and +1 to dex or chaos gems is the target, but that's expensive.

The belt is fairly weak, only life, you could either get a hunter belt with increased chaos damage or a stygian vise with useful gem. Making a hunter stygian vise is possible, but very expensive so I wouldn't bother for now.

You should look into either getting quality on your supports or getting awakened ones.

I don't 100% remember the non-cluster tree but pretty sure it would have toxic strikes in it (and blood drinker for life). Anyway afaik investing in cluster jewels can improve your damage too. No idea why do you have life and mana leech point tbh from what I know dots can't leech.

Also btw what's the reason you're double overcapped on fire res even without dying sun up.

Since you don't play SSF go to /global 820 and get your lab trials for free.

On another side note how do you tolerate using boots with no movespeed, doesn't that feel slow?

So yeah your gear is very basic, a lot of the above adds up, some of the additions will be more expensive some less, but you have a lot of upgrades ahead of you.

Thanks will try to work on that. Also, I usually play really slow anyways so the move speed isn't that bad for me.
Edited
Last edited by MikeBrolf on Jul 4, 2021, 4:40:30 PM
"
I would like if someone could see what's up with my raider, i'm kinda new and i'm dying a lot, though i'm trying to push to 100, it's becoming hard losing exp every time. Would i lose too much damage if i don't use Corruption and try one of the life nodes for anointment?
To be honest, your character looks okay, what's killing you?

You have 6.3k life, good amount of evasion and dodge, kintsugi, aspect of the crab, more than enough elemental resists, correct flasks, jewels with actual life (+ corrupted blood immunity), you *could* anoint constitution or soul of steel as they're the 2 most defensive oriented nodes, but you shouldn't be "dying a lot" with what you have, so spending golden oils for defensive anointment might not save you.

How many times you died btw? You can write /deaths and check. For example I checked my highest level character (a bit old) it has 56 deaths but I remember actively avoiding dangerous content while grinding xp and basically postponing bosses and similar content until after I levelled (let's say I'm not good at trying bosses "deathless", I wouldn't play on hardcore because of that and few other reasons), I also only got to 96 and gave up...

I can understand getting to 100 is one of the goals people have in the game, but if you're a new player you might not know that the higher level you have the less xp you're getting from the same content you were doing last level while also needing more xp to lvl up.

There are a few obvious upgrades, like a better bow or crafting on your items something more useful than "adds x to y chaos damage to attacks" (it only adds it to initial arrow not to the caustic ground this build actually scales), but I think if you're dying too much with current setup, which looks solid already, there are probably other factors, like playstyle and choice of content.

And the question is do you want to reach lvl 100 even at the price of skipping interesting content and doing only boring stuff with high xp / hour ratio and low risk of death, like running breachstone rotas "with no boss", poorjoy rotas or what's the current meta for grinding xp? I watched Steelmage's stream when he was racing to lvl 100 on Hardcore and he skipped majority of content, even normal in-map deliriums and map bosses (well tbh on Hardcore you need to be extra careful).

I'm writing this because you're saying you're a new player so I'm not sure if you saw the realities of "pushing to 100". Nowadays you can even do 40/40 challenges and endgame grinds without getting to lvl 100 (it used to be 4/4 requirements for EGG now it's 4/6 so 2 are skippable) because GGG had mercy over people who wanted to "complete the league" without grinding to 100.

TLDR:
You shouldn't be dying a lot, your character looks OK defensive wise.
If you're a new player, two biggest questions are: 1) what is for you "dying too much" and 2) are you taking unnecessary risks that will increase your death count. There's also a 3rd question, how important is it to you to push to lvl 100.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 18, 2020, 9:22:05 PM
Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if there is anyone who tried both Wind Dancer and Corrupted Soul keystones from Timeless jewels. I was wondering which one would be more reliable choice for this build. I am currently testing the second one and it gives me around 1200 es which seems to be amazing for survivability. High evasion makes so that the recovery of es usually doesnt get interrupted by mobs and as Viktranka mentioned before, it acts like a buffer on top of hp.

However, Wind Dancer seems to be more "go-to" for evasion builds, so I d like to hear other opinions from more experienced folks. Thanks.
"
Viktranka wrote:
1) what is for you "dying too much" and 2) are you taking unnecessary risks that will increase your death count. There's also a 3rd question, how important is it to you to push to lvl 100.

I checked and i died 148 times. I can do tier 16 with dangerous mods easily, Alva and Delirium is what kills me the most, also chaos damage i guess? I know that fighting Tora and Hunter maps is really a pain in the ass.

Maybe i am taking too much risk, i should slow it down a bit.

I didn't know about all that stuff, i thought i could just get level 100 by running maps over and over again since i like farming on my own. But i guess getting to 100 isn't that easy lol

Cool i thought the chaos damage crafts were good lmao thanks for telling me about that.
Last edited by MikeBrolf on Apr 19, 2020, 2:49:09 AM
You can get more chaos resist and use shakari pantheon (remember to upgrade for poison immunity). Also lvl 100 doesn't "unlock" anything it's just a personal goal to many. It's not needed to access any content.

P.S. Under 150 deaths I don't think is "a lot", I've seen a post on reddit where someone had 3000+ deaths this league alone. xD

The last 5 points in the builds are also not super crucial (afaik it's just a couple of jewel sockets), hope you can enjoy your character nonetheless.

"
drobecdrobny wrote:
However, Wind Dancer seems to be more "go-to" for evasion builds, so I d like to hear other opinions from more experienced folks. Thanks.
I roughly remember the discussion about it during Legion, I reckon Danka was against using Deshret keystone because you won't be evade capped until hit (especially if you use damage on full life it could lower the uptime).

I think it works better on classes like trickster or assassin that have conditional dodge / evasion but can't exactly reach the cap normally.

Afaik it stacks with Kintsugi for -40% damage taken from the first hit, but the question is how necessary it is after Kintsugi and Crab (both work for the first hit), the bonus of extra evasion after hit I don't think it will work due to evasion hard cap at 95% and this build already reaches it with flasks + bonus from onslaught node.
Last edited by Viktranka on Apr 19, 2020, 1:28:44 PM
Thanks for the info, I think I will stick to the glorious vanity as 1200 es for 5 skill points seems to be too good to pass on. I also remember Danka mentioning this jewel in the replies so this might be the best one. Thanks again. I will do some mapping tonight and report again how the recharge of ES feels in T15/16 maps.
Last edited by drobecdrobny on Apr 19, 2020, 1:51:35 PM
HI,
i am crafting maraketh bow 86+ lvl non influenced and i hit
preffix +2 bow gems
suffix bow fire 2 arrow
than i regal the bow and hit another suffix (bleeding)

its better to remove +2 bow gems and craft +2 support gems??
whitch oprion is better at all??

i am wonder that if i should continue crafting
"
pitols wrote:
HI,
i am crafting maraketh bow 86+ lvl non influenced and i hit
preffix +2 bow gems
suffix bow fire 2 arrow
than i regal the bow and hit another suffix (bleeding)

its better to remove +2 bow gems and craft +2 support gems??
whitch oprion is better at all??

i am wonder that if i should continue crafting

In the endgame when using empower, +2 support gems is stronger then +2 bow gems yes, assuming you already have +1 socketed gems on it. For example this is my current bow.

Last edited by drobecdrobny on Apr 21, 2020, 5:02:15 AM
Is it SSF viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info