[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Hey, may I use Bloodseekers claw with this build?
Hi, In what order should I buy the upgrades? Just recently hit maps and idk what to upgrade first, weapons, chest, gloves maybe flasks etc
"
Lapsi wrote:
Nice build am enjoying for the first time after playing 3 league. Also first char ever that I want to keep leveling after 80. I have been doing all the maps till T9 and was great but now I just started playing T10 maps Wasteland havent tried others as I need to buy them no drops. What I notice was, it took quite a time for me to kill VOLL the dried lake boss at T10 map. ADDS are fine I can easily clear but the boss single target DPS is maybe low for me. So if anyone could guide how I can improve my char that would be great.

Depending on the mods Voll can be annoying because of his high regen. Were you using slower projectiles ?
Also you gear is ok but there is a lot of room for improvement. For example your amulet. Check the gear section and slowly upgrade according to your budget. Also don't forget to put down the totem to gain attack speed.

"
ProrokPyro wrote:
Hey, may I use Bloodseekers claw with this build?

I'm not sure how that last mod would work with Slayer leech. It's like the old VP which essentially canceled the endless leech and made Slayer useless. I suppose you can try but I have a feeling they won't be good because of that.

"
Lupofin wrote:
Hi, In what order should I buy the upgrades? Just recently hit maps and idk what to upgrade first, weapons, chest, gloves maybe flasks etc

That depends on your current needs and budget. My personal preference is to start upgrading from the armour and leave the jewellery for last.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
What would you recommend I upgrade next, gear wise (besides the mana flask)? Build has worked wonderfully, by the way :) Was a little fragile and slow around the level 30-40 range, but the unique claws definitely helped. I also didn't upgrade armor to max res for awhile, so the fragileness was mostly my own fault.

Last edited by Alzeryon on Mar 19, 2018, 3:26:43 AM
Thanks for the fun build, and more importantly, the truly great guide! I'm actually playing the build on Xbox and although I doubt that I will ever take it to the heights that you have, it is as advertised: "fun and friendly". I am wondering if during all the time that you put into this build, have you ever looked at cherrubim's maleficence (as an interim chest armour)? I'm using one but it's early days and so any drawbacks may not be manifesting themselves yet. What concerns me is whether or not the 100% leech is helping or hurting the slayer leech mechanic. I tried reading up on it and saw some indication that in fact it might be shortening the tail on my leech - but far from conclusive. If you have any thoughts I'd be interested - if not, thanks again for the guide - a great contribution to the POE community.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
Alzeryon wrote:
What would you recommend I upgrade next, gear wise (besides the mana flask)? Build has worked wonderfully, by the way :) Was a little fragile and slow around the level 30-40 range, but the unique claws definitely helped. I also didn't upgrade armor to max res for awhile, so the fragileness was mostly my own fault.

Well your helmet isn't good, you can get more life and a lot more res. Gloves also have low life and attack speed. You can craft AS up to 12% so you might be better off buying gloves without it. A 6L belly would be a very nice upgrade. Also at some point you need to transition beyond the carnage heart. A good rare is a lot better.

"
Thanks for the fun build, and more importantly, the truly great guide! I'm actually playing the build on Xbox and although I doubt that I will ever take it to the heights that you have, it is as advertised: "fun and friendly". I am wondering if during all the time that you put into this build, have you ever looked at cherrubim's maleficence (as an interim chest armour)? I'm using one but it's early days and so any drawbacks may not be manifesting themselves yet. What concerns me is whether or not the 100% leech is helping or hurting the slayer leech mechanic. I tried reading up on it and saw some indication that in fact it might be shortening the tail on my leech - but far from conclusive. If you have any thoughts I'd be interested - if not, thanks again for the guide - a great contribution to the POE community.

The Cherrubim doesn't shorten your leech. Your leech speed is capped by the max leech rate which is not affected by the armour (it's 40% with VP). It's slightly helping although we already leech a lot so I don't think the difference is noticeable.
However I can't understand why you're using that armour. Life is low compared to a rare, you have no res and the leech doesn't really help that much. A 5L armour with 130 life and res is currently 2c.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"

The Cherrubim doesn't shorten your leech. Your leech speed is capped by the max leech rate which is not affected by the armour (it's 40% with VP). It's slightly helping although we already leech a lot so I don't think the difference is noticeable.
However I can't understand why you're using that armour. Life is low compared to a rare, you have no res and the leech doesn't really help that much. A 5L armour with 130 life and res is currently 2c.

Thanks for the helpful reply. And you are right of course, it's probably time to upgrade. The reason that I am using that particular armour (besides the personal laziness factor) is tied up in the "Xbox experience". Trade on Xbox is a little different from PC - basically you visually search through pages of items although items can be highlighted (but not removed from the search results) by exact string match with the item description - so I can highlight items with "maximum life" in the item description but not specify "greater than 100" or exclude "minion" or specify number of linked sockets. The Xbox market is also quite a bit more "shallow" than the PC market and really immature in comparison. And further in my defence, a few days ago when I picked up the armour, it was still first week for the Xbox league (we start later, at least a week as it turns out) and there just was not much on the market then. But you are correct and have given me a helpful nudge - it's time to take the time and go hunt down better chest armour.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
i think dual wielding "al dhih" is also really good at the beginning for clearing faster and some neat damage if you don´t wanna wait till lvl 34 for mortem
and the abysall cry effect is also prety nice.
if you have the small curency for it
nvm
Last edited by Lupofin on Mar 19, 2018, 2:26:29 PM
For those of us without a Portal gem, am I right in thinking that linking Maim to the ancestral totem would be a reasonable DPS boost?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info