[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Nice looking build and really informative writeup! What are your thoughts on Yriels vs Belly? Has good life, added accuracy, +phys dam, Proj crit chance, high eva, chance to inflict, and another fun beast at your side dont hurt either lol If im not wrong i think the colors needed are also easily obtainable as well. Was just curious on how you think they compare in accordance to the build? Kudo's on the build though. Looks like fun :)
"
I really like this build, thanks for posting it, currently have 6.5k hp.

One of my biggest gripes about the build though is that it's leech, so you really can't do trials for offering of the goddess, but that's about it. And I couldnt really face tank elder, I died 1 time each for the both times I did it. Other than that I really like the build and it has fast clear speed.

There will always be some attack that you can't facetank, like Shaper slam for example even if you have 8K life. You need to dodge one-shot attacks and move away for a couple of seconds if you see your life going down. If you do these thing successfully then you can facetank any boss.
Any build with VP isn't ideal for lab but trials are usually quite short so you shouldn't have a problem. Just get Ryslatha and maybe a Writhing jar for the overkill leech.

"
SQUINT wrote:
Nice looking build and really informative writeup! What are your thoughts on Yriels vs Belly? Has good life, added accuracy, +phys dam, Proj crit chance, high eva, chance to inflict, and another fun beast at your side dont hurt either lol If im not wrong i think the colors needed are also easily obtainable as well. Was just curious on how you think they compare in accordance to the build? Kudo's on the build though. Looks like fun :)

I wrote my opinion on Yriel's a few pages back. In short, it looks good but it's not because the bear dies all the time so you don't have the important stats during boss fights. Avoid it unless you like resummoning the bear all the time in the middle of boss fights.

Since people seem to ask about it I'll add this to the FAQ.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 16, 2018, 2:10:39 PM
Good build got me to 85 before I died due to carelessness
Hey cool guide really like it,but I have a question. What happens if I level up a gem which shouldn't be the max lvl by the guide? the build will get worse because of that? or I should just level up how I like them?
Really good build, and very detailed guide.

Had a lot of fun playing it in Hardcore !
Unfortunately, just died at lvl 85, don't even know why (got one shot, no boss/champions/anything particular, just 3 mobs and I have no clue what killed me), and just 2 hours after getting my first scourge...

Just after my death, I tried Aziri in standard, and killed her without any death ... so yeah definitely a great build, can do a lot of content when you know how to play it.

Thanks again to your work Aias_o_Telamonios !

Just wish I wouldn't have died out like that out of nowhere, damn that hurts :))

Cheers
"
Good build got me to 85 before I died due to carelessness

So it works on HC. I expected it would but it's good to know.

"
Makuharu wrote:
Hey cool guide really like it,but I have a question. What happens if I level up a gem which shouldn't be the max lvl by the guide? the build will get worse because of that? or I should just level up how I like them?

How can we answer this if you don't tell us what gem you're talking about ?

"
Ghorghorexp wrote:
Really good build, and very detailed guide.

Had a lot of fun playing it in Hardcore !
Unfortunately, just died at lvl 85, don't even know why (got one shot, no boss/champions/anything particular, just 3 mobs and I have no clue what killed me), and just 2 hours after getting my first scourge...

Just after my death, I tried Aziri in standard, and killed her without any death ... so yeah definitely a great build, can do a lot of content when you know how to play it.

Thanks again to your work Aias_o_Telamonios !

Just wish I wouldn't have died out like that out of nowhere, damn that hurts :))

Cheers

You too at 85 ? What's with that level...
Some mob got a lucky crit I suppose. That's why I'll never play HC. Even if I don't make any mistakes shit can still happen for a number of reasons (net lag being the top one).
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 16, 2018, 7:45:52 PM
Great build, I'm having a lot of fun with it! Thanks for the detailed guide!
One question, if I have a spare blue socket on my scourge, would it make sense to put a "minion damage support" in it?
"
jacinthorecki wrote:
One question, if I have a spare blue socket on my scourge, would it make sense to put a "minion damage support" in it?

Only if you want to level it. It's not linked to any skill and it doesn't affect you (like a tree node does). Also even if you link it with ST it doesn't work because it's MORE damage and not INCREASED so the Scourge mod doesn't work with it.

"
"
jacinthorecki wrote:

Only if you want to level it. It's not linked to any skill and it doesn't affect you (like a tree node does). Also even if you link it with ST it doesn't work because it's MORE damage and not INCREASED so the Scourge mod doesn't work with it.

I see, so basically it's a "waste" of socket space and doesn't give me the ~45%-ish dmg boost. Thank you for the verification!
Last edited by jacinthorecki on Mar 17, 2018, 7:48:46 PM
Nice build am enjoying for the first time after playing 3 league. Also first char ever that I want to keep leveling after 80. I have been doing all the maps till T9 and was great but now I just started playing T10 maps Wasteland havent tried others as I need to buy them no drops. What I notice was, it took quite a time for me to kill VOLL the dried lake boss at T10 map. ADDS are fine I can easily clear but the boss single target DPS is maybe low for me. So if anyone could guide how I can improve my char that would be great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info