[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

hi my son is level 30 and having a very difficult time maintaing his mana he went a little of script and rushed to soul raker because of this but its not helping can you please tell me the various ways this build manages mana cost/leach

sorry about my spelling/punctuation my keyboard is messed up

oh and he is loving this build
"
hi my son is level 30 and having a very difficult time maintaing his mana he went a little of script and rushed to soul raker because of this but its not helping can you please tell me the various ways this build manages mana cost/leach

sorry about my spelling/punctuation my keyboard is messed up

oh and he is loving this build

you can find + mana on hit claws and/or not run hatred for now while using a couple of mana flasks. the mana issues will go away when your damage is higher to leech more.

also stick to a 3L or 4L set up for now. that can help lower mana costs

hope that helps!
"
Annor wrote:
Update on the build

Got my scourge claws! ATM level 91 going on 92

I kinda made some switches and started stacking IIQ, because I am determined to farm this headhunter this league. I am trying to sustain Burial Chambers which is going pretty well.. trying to finish t11-t16s
I have been usually using GMP when facing bosses and have been melting them with no effort! However with all the IIQ on my build I lack life, but kill so fast that it hasn't really gimped my damage or clear speed at all

Must get this HEADHUNTA!

Great job creating this guide m8! A+++

Yeah GMP works fine on most bosses especially if you move the mouse away from you so that the 5 streams are closer together. Of course standing next to them helps too because of point blank.

"
Rlybro wrote:
Instead of The Wasp Nest could you use Touch of Anguish? If not then why?

Touch of Anguish has mods better suited to cold skills like frost blades. It will certainly work with this build too and will give you about the same damage as the Wasps. But you can get the Wasps at level 60 while the Anguish needs 68. Also the Wasps are dirt cheap from day 1.

"
Sahga wrote:
Hi, i dont want to use enfeeble, and no curse at all (cause Oskarm gloves), any suggestion to put in the link of CWDT number 1 ? Is it possible to put instead enfeeble sommething efficient ?

Hope i am more clear ? (with my excellent english, ;) )

Thank you very much for build and answer.

You could use molten shell, or enhance to get some more attack speed out of blood rage. Can't think of anything really useful. Maybe put charged dash there (unlinked) and link portal to faster casting.

"
KustomBallaz wrote:
I know you say The Scourge does aprox 20% more damage then The Wasp Nest Claws but i have lost 4500 damage per second:

With The Wasp Nest Claws: https://gyazo.com/e2d0bc39330e0a8dad3edf04e9d037b1

With The Scourge Claws: https://gyazo.com/705cd72beb555e58d113567b19d0a1c6

If you can please enlighten me on this situation id be really grateful or any suggestions/insight :)

Best build ever btw!!
I've never had such an awesome time playing League as this build is a Beast!

PS: I found this on my Summon Ice Golem Gem: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/915793362196512950/0A136975CA47A07B6C40434E52B584D98A00DE7F/

it says Minions deal 70% less damage. ? The Scourge Claws say Increases and Reductions to minion damage also affect me. My Ice Golem is connected to CWDT, Immortal Call and Increaded Duration; in fact i have copied everything according to your guide. So CWDT at level 1 means my Ice Golem is doing 70% less damage. Placed the Ice Golem into another green slot and only gained 2k DPS so i am still a lot lower than wearing Wasp Nest Claws which i dont really care because all them Spectral Wolves should make up for a huge difference.

In the end an explanation will help me and anyone else noticing this as well, TY.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

Don't look at the tooltip, use PoB for such calculations. Tooltip damage is never accurate.

About your golem question. It deals less damage because it's connected to CWDT. This is not an increase that affects you. It only affects the golem. Also unless I'm mistaken, only INCREASED and DECREASED minion modifiers affect us, not MORE and LESS. So 10% increased minion damage would help us but 10% more minion damage does nothing.
I don't understand how you gained damage by changing the socket of the golem. Are you sure about this ?

Also the wolves do very little damage but they help a lot by distracting enemies and keeping them away from you.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Mar 15, 2018, 4:57:51 PM
So I got a lucky Doctor drop and now am trying to figure out how best to use the ex from the sale. I'm still rocking a tabula, all of the 6 links I could find felt really underwhelming for the cost. I'm res capped without any stats on my chest so the most direct upgrade would just be buying a 6L Belly and calling it good. If I decided to not do that, I could get a reasonable chest, 2 scourge claws, a Sin's Rebirth, and have a few ex left over to possibly get some well rolled steel rings.

This is my first league playing a little more seriously and I'm thinking that a 6L belly is an investment that will serve me well all league.

Thanks for any help and an already awesome guide.

I should mention that I should mention that I feel super powerful right now in yellow maps. I imagine I can easily clear up to level 10's. My Damage feels fantastic so a fat health bump sounds awesome.
Last edited by ctrlwud on Mar 15, 2018, 5:04:39 PM
Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but with Acrobatics you loose 50% armor yet lots of your gear have armor rating. Is it because evasion only isn't viable end game and even with the loss, Acrobatics is still worth taking or is it something else?

Just finished act III, loving the build so far!

"
"
KustomBallaz wrote:
I know you say The Scourge does aprox 20% more damage then The Wasp Nest Claws but i have lost 4500 damage per second:

With The Wasp Nest Claws: https://gyazo.com/e2d0bc39330e0a8dad3edf04e9d037b1

With The Scourge Claws: https://gyazo.com/705cd72beb555e58d113567b19d0a1c6

If you can please enlighten me on this situation id be really grateful or any suggestions/insight :)

Best build ever btw!!
I've never had such an awesome time playing League as this build is a Beast!

PS: I found this on my Summon Ice Golem Gem: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/915793362196512950/0A136975CA47A07B6C40434E52B584D98A00DE7F/

it says Minions deal 70% less damage. ? The Scourge Claws say Increases and Reductions to minion damage also affect me. My Ice Golem is connected to CWDT, Immortal Call and Increaded Duration; in fact i have copied everything according to your guide. So CWDT at level 1 means my Ice Golem is doing 70% less damage. Placed the Ice Golem into another green slot and only gained 2k DPS so i am still a lot lower than wearing Wasp Nest Claws which i dont really care because all them Spectral Wolves should make up for a huge difference.

In the end an explanation will help me and anyone else noticing this as well, TY.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build.

Don't look at the tooltip, use PoB for such calculations. Tooltip damage is never accurate.

About your golem question. It deals less damage because it's connected to CWDT. This is not an increase that affects you. It only affects the golem. Also unless I'm mistaken, only INCREASED and DECREASED minion modifiers affect us, not MORE and LESS. So 10% increased minion damage would help us but 10% more minion damage does nothing.
I don't understand how you gained damage by changing the socket of the golem. Are you sure about this ?

Also the wolves do very little damage but they help a lot by distracting enemies and keeping them away from you.
[/quote]

Ok after testing on Path of Building i found i actually do 8k more damage minimum with The Scourge Claws, compared to The Wasp Nest Claws. Also id like to mention that i have to completely exit POE before i import my Build onto POB otherwise it doesnt calculate things properly if im still in game etc.
Last edited by KustomBallaz on Mar 15, 2018, 6:40:40 PM
thank you for all the advice
"
ctrlwud wrote:
So I got a lucky Doctor drop and now am trying to figure out how best to use the ex from the sale. I'm still rocking a tabula, all of the 6 links I could find felt really underwhelming for the cost. I'm res capped without any stats on my chest so the most direct upgrade would just be buying a 6L Belly and calling it good. If I decided to not do that, I could get a reasonable chest, 2 scourge claws, a Sin's Rebirth, and have a few ex left over to possibly get some well rolled steel rings.

This is my first league playing a little more seriously and I'm thinking that a 6L belly is an investment that will serve me well all league.

Thanks for any help and an already awesome guide.

I should mention that I should mention that I feel super powerful right now in yellow maps. I imagine I can easily clear up to level 10's. My Damage feels fantastic so a fat health bump sounds awesome.

The Doctor... nice, I wish I was that lucky this league. Since you now have enough money I suggest you get a 6L chest with 120+ life and as much res as you can find. Then slowly change the rest of you gear as needed. Getting res on the chest will allow you to get damage stats on your gloves and jewellery. The Bellys will come down in price later in the league.

"
nergal349 wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but with Acrobatics you loose 50% armor yet lots of your gear have armor rating. Is it because evasion only isn't viable end game and even with the loss, Acrobatics is still worth taking or is it something else?

Just finished act III, loving the build so far!

We don't stack armour so we don't lose anything by getting acrobatics. Serious armour is something like 10K. Acrobatics is pretty good for only one point.

"
KustomBallaz wrote:

Ok after testing on Path of Building i found i actually do 8k more damage minimum with The Scourge Claws, compared to The Wasp Nest Claws. Also id like to mention that i have to completely exit POE before i import my Build onto POB otherwise it doesnt calculate things properly if im still in game etc.

Usually going to another area is enough to update your character on the server so PoB will import it properly.

"
thank you for all the advice

No prob.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Edit: i found the answer re-reading
Last edited by Nekorbop on Mar 16, 2018, 12:04:49 PM
I really like this build, thanks for posting it, currently have 6.5k hp.

One of my biggest gripes about the build though is that it's leech, so you really can't do trials for offering of the goddess, but that's about it. And I couldnt really face tank elder, I died 1 time each for the both times I did it. Other than that I really like the build and it has fast clear speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info