[3.7] Bashtart's Frost Blades Trickster * Oni-Goroshi * Insane Speed & Millions DPS with BF!

You're missing one of the most important flasks in the entire game for us -> smoke field flask.
I can't tell you how important/ useful that flask is for us.

I have a 20% quality smoke field flask with 20% recharge on crit and curse immunity, and it is one of the single most useful flask in the entire game for me.
Temporal curse? Enfeeble? Vulnerability?
Doesn't matter to us, cuz we just spam smoke field flask due to insanely low charge usage and long duration, since you immune curse almost with 100% uptime and most enemies miss on you.
You can even spam it during boss fight 24/7 because of the crit recharge.

Also, no offense here, your jewel is trash for our build.
I can't stress you enough how important putting 2 wildfire in the passive tree is because this literally change the whole game for me. Adding 2 wildfire gems almost double the dps of Molten Strike = double the leech value and dps.
I think this guide didn't stress enough how important 2 wildfire jewel is for us.
It's literally the build changer for me, and helps me beat boss much easily.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Jul 22, 2018, 1:26:35 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
You're missing one of the most important flasks in the entire game for us -> smoke field flask.

I have a 20% quality smoke field flask with 20% recharge on crit and curse immunity, and it is one of the single most useful flask in the entire game for me.
Doesn't matter to us, cuz we just spam smoke field flask due to insanely low charge usage and long duration, since you immune curse almost with 100% uptime and most enemies miss on you.

I can't stress you enough how important putting 2 wildfire in the passive tree is because this literally change the whole game for me. Adding 2 wildfire gems almost double the dps of Molten Strike = double the leech value and dps.
I think this guide didn't stress enough how important 2 wildfire jewel is for us.

Can I see your tooltip dmg in game? Cause I only have 130k dmg in Frost Blade with x2 'Fight For survival' + 12% cold pen from Watcher's Eye
"
trung4ad3 wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Can I see your tooltip dmg in game? Cause I only have 130k dmg in Frost Blade with x2 'Fight For survival' + 12% cold pen from Watcher's Eye

Honestly, Frostblade dps is the last thing you need to concern about.

It's usage is to clear trashes, and with how our build is set up, even 5 link is enough to clear t15~16 maps extremely fast/ without any trouble with just one Fight for Survival Jewel. If you have it 6 link , trash mobs should explode in 0.5 secs.

My main issue with this build before swapping to 2 Wildfire Jewels is always certain boss encounter with a large dps check. (not enough dps = you can't leech back the hp you lost).
Heck, some rare mobs have too much hp for frostblade too if it's single target, but with 2x Wildfire 6 link molten strike, I can kill it in around 2~3 secs.

PS: I have my resistance fine-toon to 99 99 99 to utilize Wise-oak's full effectiveness, so my dps becomes slightly higher because the fire portion from Molten Strike also penetrates resistance.

One more thing, NEVER trust the tooltip in game for dps. Use POB to check your dps.
Molten Strike tooltip is EXTREMELY MISLEADING in game because it only shows the melee portion of the damage. The extra 4 projectiles from Wildfire effectively almost double the dps of Molten Strike due to how it works with spawning multiple projectile fireballs after the melee attack.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Jul 22, 2018, 6:36:00 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
trung4ad3 wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Honestly, Frostblade dps is the last thing you need to concern about.

It's usage is to clear trashes, and with how our build is set up, even 5 link is enough to clear t15~16 maps extremely fast/ without any trouble with just one Fight for Survival Jewel. If you have it 6 link , trash mobs should explode in 0.5 secs.

My main issue with this build before swapping to 2 Wildfire Jewels is always certain boss encounter with a large dps check. (not enough dps = you can't leech back the hp you lost).
Heck, some rare mobs have too much hp for frostblade too if it's single target, but with 2x Wildfire 6 link molten strike, I can kill it in around 2~3 secs.

PS: I have my resistance fine-toon to 99 99 99 to utilize Wise-oak's full effectiveness, so my dps becomes slightly higher because the fire portion from Molten Strike also penetrates resistance.

One more thing, NEVER trust the tooltip in game for dps. Use POB to check your dps.
Molten Strike tooltip is EXTREMELY MISLEADING in game because it only shows the melee portion of the damage. The extra 4 projectiles from Wildfire effectively almost double the dps of Molten Strike due to how it works with spawning multiple projectile fireballs after the melee attack.

One crazy aspect of Molten strike many people are missing... the sustain effect of life on hit is kinda multiplicative with amount of balls. So if you got like 15life per hit you get 15 for then initial life on hit and 5 x 15 life under the assumption that five balls hit. So yes definitly go for two wildfire :)
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Jul 23, 2018, 4:32:37 AM
So is the concensus that 2 wildfire > 2 fight for survival? If so, I have no idea where to put the 2nd wildifire without sacrificing something? I guess near duelist is easy, but the other one? Scion starting position?
IGN: Interloper
"
Infiltrator wrote:
So is the concensus that 2 wildfire > 2 fight for survival? If so, I have no idea where to put the 2nd wildifire without sacrificing something? I guess near duelist is easy, but the other one? Scion starting position?

Near the big life cluster in the middle.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486

My current setup, I am having a problem to use 6L of TPF efficiently, i am trying to get more defense since my dmg is enough to smelt bosses.

What do you guys think I should work on next? Rings? I just have like 80c in the bank since I started like a week ago.
By the way whats the best curse to put if I got a free CWDT slot (I only got 1 abyss socket in gloves)?
"
Infiltrator wrote:
By the way whats the best curse to put if I got a free CWDT slot (I only got 1 abyss socket in gloves)?

I would go with enfeeble which is really strong in combination with cwdt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info