[3.7] Bashtart's Frost Blades Trickster * Oni-Goroshi * Insane Speed & Millions DPS with BF!

Frost Blades Trickster
Hi Guys, this Trickster build is around for a long time now and many players enjoyed it and killed all content with it.

Video: How to create & improve builds with Path of Building: https://youtu.be/Spw7tfVAAto

3.7:
I overworked the build totally to integrate the new skill tree and skills into the build and switched from MS to Blade Flurry as main single target skill.

League Starter?

Yes definitly a really strong league starter... Unfortunately the changed the drop rate of Oni Goroshi sword and made it harder to get. Atm nobody really knows how long you have to farm for it. I personally will try it out at the start of the saison and farm it and will share my experience asap.
Another option would be a 5/6link chest for our two main damage setup with swapping gems and two touch of anguish claws. Should be pretty sick for clearing.
Some Player Feedback in 3.2
"
Silent1661 wrote:
Just killed shaper with 1 death, facetanking almost all his attacks (except beams), that was really easy, i'm fun with this build because it doing all in-game content and not so expensive, thanks you so much @bashtart :P

"
batuhansuta wrote:
just tried hydra, chimera and went for shaper. hydra went so smooth just destroyed him. chimera was kinda harder(even harder then shaper for me) died once to chaos damage add stood in chaos but im not very experienced with this fight so i guess it is ok. shaper was rly easy i died twice but they were my own fault i died twice to beams so shoot me :D. otherwise you can facetank everything damage was very nice so yeah with the Perfect Form and Acrobatics you are able to kill all content easily. thx for the guide again Bashtart!

"
chaelp wrote:
Fun build, Shaper down, working on getting an Uber Atziri set and if I have the time Uber Elder.

"
CongLongHan wrote:
Thanks man great build, u can face tank any boss with "Gain life on hit". You can get rid of "Her Embrace" by swapping weapon or buy some "life regen while walking - jewel ". Mine got 2 rings with curses on hit. Love it!

"
Spliffor wrote:
Just killed Shaper deathless on my first try ever. Suprisingly easy fight but Engineering Eternity has a great guide for it.

"
Neroni wrote:
Hi! Thanks dude for the guide! In this league I closed all content, killed uber Atziri, uber Elder and Shaper. Really fun to play this guide!
How to farm Oni Goroshi

For more information check out pathofexile.gamepedia.com!

I would recommend you create 3-4 scion characters... scion seems to be the best choice to farm the sword because of movement speed bonus of onslaught support and also because of spectral throw which makes it easy to kill Hillock. From reports of other player it can be hard to kill him with some other classes like shadow. More or less you grind the twillight beach until you kill Hillock and then you log out without goin to town! (When you go into town you can't go back!!!) Then you log into your next scion and to the same... You always run to Hillcock and kill all enemies in the way until you reach level 7. When you reach level 7 you just straight (without killing all mobs on the way) to Hillock and kill him until you get the Oni-Goroshi.

Farmtime: seems normally be between 6-22hours. (I got lucky and needed 5 hours and 45min)
How to deal with Her Embrace DoT

The negative effect... the damage over time effect of Her Embrace can be really nasty... especially while leveling. The first time you will really feel this is when you kill Kitava the first time and get the resistance debuff. So what can you do against this DoT?
> Cap your fire resistances! (use Purity of Fire & Elements, Ruby or Bismuth Flasks if necessary until you get the gear to cap your resistances)
> Use 2-3 Life Flasks
> get as much life leech and regeneration as possible (while leveling it may evan make sense to put a life leech support in your damage setup)
> Maybe get Patient Reaper as first ascendancy to help to deal with this.

For more Path of Exile Guides, Builds and Gameplay please also visit my YouTube Channel! I really would appriciate it if you could subscribe and like my videos!

Here you can find a list of my other build guides: MORE BUILD GUIDES

Don't hesitate to ask any questions in the comments below, please no PM's! I cannot answer every question so please be so kind to help out each other! Thanks you!

>>> VIDEO GUIDE for 3.2! (still viable in 3.4) <<<

Overview:
> Still fu... strong in 3.7
> Blade Flurry as new main single target skill
> New Skill setups & Skill tree 20.06.2019

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/ubdr5gPi (3.7, 21.06.2019, Blade Flurry)

Pro's & Con's:
+ Very fast clear- & farmspeed
+ Fun playstyle
+ Safe mapping (freezing almost everything)
+ High dps
+ Easy Leveling with Oni-Goroshi
+ Oni-Goroshi makes immune to nearly everything
+ A speaking sword is kinda cool :)
+ Can facetank most endgame content.

- The DoT effect of Oni-Goroshi can be annoying

Build Mechanics

The build is based on the Oni-Goroshi sword. When we ignite an enemy, we get Her Embrace what is a buff which makes us immune to stun, burning ground, freeze, chill, we additionally get 123% of physical sword damage as extra fire damage and a "second" Onslaught effect. The downside of this sword is a strong DoT while Her Embrace which can be reduced by fire resistances, etc.

The damage is mainly scaled with physical, crit and then converted to elemental damage. The Oni-Goroshi gives so much damage on its own that we can focus on a high life pool and decent defense.

Defense Mechanics:
The first line of defense is the cold damage which freezes most enemies before the even can hit us. After that we have a powerful evasion / dogde damage avoidance layer. This layer normally always prefents that we get hit more than once in short time. And our last line of defense is strong damage mitgation with Arctic Armour (13% physical and fire damage reduction) and pantheons Solaris (6% physical damage reduction if only 1 enemey is nearby, 8% elemental damage reduction,...) & Tukohama (up to 8% physical damage reduction).

Progress:
Killed all Guardians, Red Elder and Shaper.

Videos:
Preview Video
Build Overview, T13 & T14 Showrun
VIDEO GUIDE 3.1! (Kaom's Heart & Blade Flurry Setup
Frost Blades Trickster testing Molten Strike Setup in 3.2

Gear & Skills:
The gear more or less stayed the same in 3.7 but the skill gems setups have changed... Please check out the section "Skills" for updated skill setups.

Gear

Weapon: Oni-Goroshi
The build is based on this weapon and it is just a really good and cheap weapon (~80chaos). Can also be farmed with a bit time investment. A high crit chance on the weapon will boost your dps quit a bit.

Body armour: The Perfect Form, Kaom's Heart or Belly of the beast
BiS for this slot is The Perfect Form. The advantages of the TPF are no weapon swaps required, free arctic armour and strong defense. When you take Kaom's Heart your will need two Oni-Goroshi swords for both main damage setups (Frost Blades & Molten Strike) and swap between them.

Helmet: Starkonja's Head, Abyssus or rare helmet
I guess Starkonja's Head or some rare helmet with life and resistances is BiS for this slot. Abyssus gives crazy amounts of damage but somehow you need to reduce the physical damage taken in some way.

Gloves: Tombfist, Shaper's Touch or rare gloves
Tombfist are BiS... an other option are rare gloves with life, resistances and some damage mods.

Boots: Rare boots
Just look for high life, resistances and movement speed.

Rings: Rare rings
On rings you want to get life, resistances and if possible some additional damage mods. One ring with Poacher's Mark on hit will help you also with your sustain. Especially with MS you really will feel much tankier in bossfights.

Amulett: The Pandemonius, Carnage Heart or Rare Amulett
The Pandemonius and the Carnage Heart are both really good amuletts for this build. An other option would be a rare amulett with life, resistances and damage mods.

Belt: Stygian Vise
High life and resistances.

Flask's

Life Flask:
Really important for this build to deal with DoT of Her Embrace. Try to get anti bleed on this flask.

Atziri's Promise:
Cheap and really good.

Diamond Flask:
Great dps and clearspeed boost.

Stibnite Flask:
Crazy good for our defense in combination with The Perfect Form and a evasion / dodge based defense. Get one with charges on critical strike and will nearly always be up!

Lion's Roar:
Great for dps and also for defense with knockback effect.

The Overflowing Chalice:
Great flask for additional damage, life regeneration on concentrated ground and helps to keep a high flask uptime.

The Wise Oak:
Great Flask... try to get cold / lightning resistances highest maye equal if possible. And fire the the lowest then this will also help with Her Emrace DoT.

Dying Sun:
For Molten Strike I definitly would go with a Dying Sun flask if you can afford it.

Jewels

We use two Fight for Survival threshold jewels for great clearspeed with Frost Blades. Watcher's Eye is really good when you can afford it. I use one for Hatred and Purity of Fire atm.

On the rare jewels look for following mods:
> life
> increases / adds physical damage
> crit chance /multipliers
> attack speed
> resistances / missing stats

Skills

Frost Blades: (clear setup)
Frost Blades+Ancestral Call+Multistrike+Elemental Damage with Attacks+Faster Projectiles+Melee Physical Damage

Blade Flurry: (single target setup)
Blade Flurry+Concentrated Effect / Increased Area of Effect+Melee Physical Damage+Maim+Infused Channeling+ Fortify

Movement:
Whirling Blades+Faster Attacks+Fortify+Vaal Ancestral Warchief

Cast When Damage Taken:
Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 2)+Immortal Call (lvl 4)+Warlord's Mark (lvl 6)+Frost BomB (lvl 11) (You also can use Enfeeble for more survivability)

Mana Reservation & Utility:
Summon Lightning Golem / Summon Ice Golem (Depending on which helm enchantment, accoriding to PoB Ice golem gives a bit more dps)
Hatred
Blood and Sand
Herald of Purity
Arctic Armour (optional) With The Perfect Form.
Purity of Fire: (optional) Helps to deal with Her Embrace DOT
Vaal Haste (optional) With The Perfect Form.

Ascendancy & Skilltree:

Trickster
1) Swift Killer
This nodes gives Frenzy and Power charges for kill and while channeling... more or less all the time.

2) Ghost Dance
Helps a lot with survivability.

3) Weave the Arcane
This is just crazy good in my opinion... more or less you never will go oom, 20% attack speed and 6% reduced damage.

4) Harness the Void
Imo this node is just crazy and will gives a lot of chaos damage!

Obviously you als can mix the ascendancy setup a bit to make it more boss focussed.
Other ascendancies?

Yes you also can play this with other ascendancies like... slayer, raider, pathfinder, assassin... every acendancy has it own advantages.

Skill Tree

Pantheon & Bandits:
> Soul of Solaris
> Soul of Tokuhama

Bandits: Help Alira

Quick Leveling Guide

The Oni-Goroshi sword can be used from level 1 to endgame. Eather you buy the sword or farm it yourself. The Oni-Gorosh can drop from Hillock in Twillight Strand act 1 but only when the character reaches lvl 7. Don‘t enter Lioneye‘s Watch before you farmed the sword (or better farm two for both main skills).
Leveling with Oni-Goroshi is preaty easy because this sword is really strong. The hardest thing is to deal with the DoT of Her Embrace, so always cap your resistances and use two healing flask to sustain your life. To proc Her Embrace you need somewhere on your gear „add # fire damage to attacks“.

Level 1: use Frost Blades
Level 4: use Frost Blades with ancestral call (read how to get it here :https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ancestral_Call_Support or make a second char and do the second quest or just trade it)
Level 8: link Added Lightning / Cold Damage to the setup
Level 10: use Clarity
Level 16: use Herald‘s
Level 18: add Elemental Damage With Attacks to your MS setup

Try to get the gems for the final setup as soon as possbile... for early leveling you can use following order:
Frost Blades > Ancestral Call > Added Lightning Damage > Added Cold Damage > Ele Dmg with Attacks > Increased Critical Strikes

Usefull skills for leveling
Mana reservation:
Herald of Ash / Ice / Thunder
Clarity / Purity of Elements or Fire

Utility:
Summon Lightning Golem

Cast When Damage Taken:
Use CWDT setup with skills like Immortal Call, Enfeeble, Tempest Shield, etc.

I still workin on the setup to find the perfect balance between defense and offense. If you guys have some ideas to improve the build let me know!

Q&A

In here I will post most frequently asked questions & answers.

How to I proc "Her Embrace"?
To proc Her Embrace you need to ignite an Enemey... so the easiest way to do that is to get somewhere on your gear "adds % fire damage to attacks".
I feel so squishy... what can I do?
The most important defense of this build is a high life pool... try to reach +6k life. Normaly damage is not a problem with this build so concentrate especially while gearing more on defense. Early on a cheap alternative to Kaom's Heart is to get a cheap belly of the beast with high % to max life and kaom's roots with high max life.
Which entchantments?
Gloves: corrupted gloves with temporal / elemental weakness on hit, or some enchantment... does not really matter to much I guess
Boots: Attack & cast speed, adds % damage to attack, life leech, reggen are decent options imo.
Helmet: Increased Effect of Golem buff is a good alrounder, if you want to go full single target dps go with 3 addtional molten strike projectiles.
Do your threshold skill jewels fullfil the requirements?
Yes... because the required strength / dexterty does not have to be allocated. It is enough when it is in the radius of the threshold jewel.

Greetz Bash

Build is up to date!
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Mar 6, 2020, 10:41:27 PM
Last bumped on Sep 30, 2023, 9:05:09 AM
how bout using a carcass jack armor? i guess it gives a good sinergy with blade flurry
Wear a kaoms, and weapon swap another oni for BF... ezpz
"
Migumigu wrote:
how bout using a carcass jack armor? i guess it gives a good sinergy with blade flurry

It would be an option to max. dps but I feel a more defensive chest will be better.

"
blackfire100 wrote:
Wear a kaoms, and weapon swap another oni for BF... ezpz

Yeah I have seen this in another build and it is definitly a viable version. I will have to do a lot of testing until I find the perfect setup.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
How do you go about triggering 'Her Embrace'
It seems to be just cold damage.
"
XLASB wrote:
How do you go about triggering 'Her Embrace'
It seems to be just cold damage.

Well to have add % fire damage to attacks somewhere on gear or jewels takes care of that.
pantheon?
"
mixmaster200 wrote:
pantheon?

Hey, I would go with Soul of Tukohama and Soul of Solaris. I added it in the guide...

Uploading a new video with the actual version of the build... doin two showruns T13 & T14 ... more or less the final version maybe I do some small adaptions.

Video Build Overview
Last edited by bashtart on Jan 28, 2018, 4:06:38 PM
For what u use the 2 unique jewels and the amu? i mean with oni u deal mainly Firedamage. the jewels helps to penetrate cold-damage, and this is low.

insteat of these jewels, some abyss jewels with fire damge and crit are better i think. jewel can be carnage heart with its nice life leech.
just my opinions :-)
"
Wolve666 wrote:
For what u use the 2 unique jewels and the amu? i mean with oni u deal mainly Firedamage. the jewels helps to penetrate cold-damage, and this is low.

insteat of these jewels, some abyss jewels with fire damge and crit are better i think. jewel can be carnage heart with its nice life leech.
just my opinions :-)

With my current setup I do a lot of cold damage and the threshold jewels help a lot with clearspeed and fb dps. Yeah carnage heart is a nice amulett but from testing i would say the pandemonius is superior. Blinding everthing is judt crazy good defense and also for offense a very good Amulett.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info