Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Map Drops = AIDS

And why would you waste time rerolling identical summoner? Could probably put that effort in to getting to yellow maps :D
my whole problem is how the map drop / drop rate in general is balanced. It's nearly 100% balanced around getting zana to t8 which means zana grinding in horrible pick up groups that take 30 minutes or so to get which for me is sometimes most of my play time, between going to channel 820 spaming my way into a zana 7 group, then getting to the group getting the order setup, then running it waiting for slower connections / distant people to join instances so we can complete zana.

I say this cause this is the first league I ever felt like I had to sextant shape to see what the fuss was all about.
Most likely cause they didn't up the red map drops but added 24 damn maps. I have 147 atlas completion and even with 20% quality, t15, 8 mod corruptions I still end up getting t12 maps half the time for drops.

I decided to shape my vault and sextant block it. When I run it with 8 mods, all the sextants perfectly setup, and 20 quality, i still get crap. I run it with zana random mod and if it hits breach, with just the 2 breach I make super bank, T15 maps flinging all over the place, Ex popping out once every 2-3 maps, hoarder cards 2-3 a run.

When it's any other mod, I get crap junk. It's a loss in currency usually.

So if you can afford to dump 1-2 ex on setants on blocking, can run breach zana mod, you can walk through super simple cake walk map and roll huge bank.

Roll a 8 mod red map with hell mods, and you get jack.

so the map system as turned from difficulty rewards you to, just grind zana to t8, and play a super easy map shaped and sextant properly to win at game.

but this league has been the worse to keep any t15 / t16 maps. I swear it's been impossible to keep guardian maps dropping, which shows with them being almost triple in value than any previous league.

I spend most of my time blitzing T13 maps cause it's about the highest i can hope to sustain at all.
"
keeperofstars wrote:
my whole problem is how the map drop / drop rate in general is balanced. It's nearly 100% balanced around getting zana to t8 which means zana grinding in horrible pick up groups that take 30 minutes or so to get which for me is sometimes most of my play time, between going to channel 820 spaming my way into a zana 7 group, then getting to the group getting the order setup, then running it waiting for slower connections / distant people to join instances so we can complete zana.

I say this cause this is the first league I ever felt like I had to sextant shape to see what the fuss was all about.
Most likely cause they didn't up the red map drops but added 24 damn maps. I have 147 atlas completion and even with 20% quality, t15, 8 mod corruptions I still end up getting t12 maps half the time for drops.

I decided to shape my vault and sextant block it. When I run it with 8 mods, all the sextants perfectly setup, and 20 quality, i still get crap. I run it with zana random mod and if it hits breach, with just the 2 breach I make super bank, T15 maps flinging all over the place, Ex popping out once every 2-3 maps, hoarder cards 2-3 a run.

When it's any other mod, I get crap junk. It's a loss in currency usually.

So if you can afford to dump 1-2 ex on setants on blocking, can run breach zana mod, you can walk through super simple cake walk map and roll huge bank.

Roll a 8 mod red map with hell mods, and you get jack.

so the map system as turned from difficulty rewards you to, just grind zana to t8, and play a super easy map shaped and sextant properly to win at game.

but this league has been the worse to keep any t15 / t16 maps. I swear it's been impossible to keep guardian maps dropping, which shows with them being almost triple in value than any previous league.

I spend most of my time blitzing T13 maps cause it's about the highest i can hope to sustain at all.

These posts really bother me. They are full of hyperboles, and rarely offer any true experience. And that's besides all the untrue statements. This is exactly the reason people do not learn, or refuse to learn.
"
Cogburn wrote:

And what makes rich players rich?

For alot of them? Buying stuff with real money from botters.
Last edited by aleksandor on Jan 23, 2018, 12:14:08 AM
"
aleksandor wrote:
"
Cogburn wrote:

And what makes rich players rich?

daam, what's you favorite conspiracy theory?
"
Cogburn wrote:
Learn how to manage your atlas.

I've thought that we should aim for as much completed maps as possible. That's the pointm of the Atlas right?
"
Cogburn wrote:
"
aleksandor wrote:

There are sites selling currency for real money. Your denial changes nothing,
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Cogburn wrote:

I've thought that we should aim for as much completed maps as possible. That's the pointm of the Atlas right?

If your goal is to farm shaper/elder - yes. Even then wouldn't complete all the maps. And there are different ways of doing it - thats what i mean by managing.

"
Nishrek wrote:

"
Cogburn wrote:
"
aleksandor wrote:

So you are saying there is no way to make a lot of currency without buying it? I couldn't care less about people that rmt - it goes against what the game is about - farming.
And if you are talking about being rich in standard - sorry, ship has sailed lol. People been accumulating wealth for way too long there for a new player to compete. Still doesn't mean you can't make enough to afford comfortable gameplay
"
Cogburn wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:
"
Cogburn wrote:

If your goal is to farm shaper/elder - yes. Even then wouldn't complete all the maps. And there are different ways of doing it - thats what i mean by managing.

And you really do not see where the problem is?
"
Cogburn wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:

So you are saying there is no way to make a lot of currency without buying it?

I am not saying anything, this is only your interpretation.
RMT sites exist. Plain and simple
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Miská wrote:
They are fine. People just need to get used to needing to invest to get returns. And not just 1-2 maps but consistent investment. Most zana mods pay for themselves easily. We just got spoiled for a while.

This.

If you only have to run just any red map once or twice to get tripe returns, well, that would indicate to me that something is seriously wrong.

I've said this time and time again in threads like these: If you're buying them because you "have to" you're buying them from people that apparently have them to spare beside their own map pools. So maybe they are dropping and you're doing something wrong?

Admitting defeat? NUUUUUUUUUU... must be white knight, troll, ignorant fanboy! Impossibruuu~ T_T
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:

I've said this time and time again in threads like these: If you're buying them because you "have to" you're buying them from people that apparently have them to spare beside their own map pools. So maybe they are dropping and you're doing something wrong?

Admitting defeat? NUUUUUUUUUU... must be white knight, troll, ignorant fanboy! Impossibruuu~ T_T

People tend to sell items, that have value. High-level maps have value on market exactly because you cant sustain them on your own. Player who sells his high-level maps, trades his time spent for currency, that's all. Sure, he will have to farm lower-level maps to get those for sale (= wasting time), but he received currency reward for that.

Items, that everyone can sustain himself, dont have any significant market value. Try to sell Scrolls of Wisdom, for example...

I've heard that running shaped vault with breach mod is the only profitable way of mapping in Abyss. That's really DISGUSTING, if that's true. Players should run the single easy-as-fuck map and grind Zana in PuBs till his eyes bleed (not even saying about all those sextants and similar shit) - and that's suppoed to be ENDGAME? Repetive spam of 1 easy map when there are 150 map in the game? REALLY?
No, thanks, i wont play that shit. I didnt lost last pieces of my gamer's dignity yet, you know..
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 23, 2018, 1:17:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info