Map Drops = AIDS

totally agree. Just today I had a good look at my map stash and got disgusted. Sat there for a min or two and said...."I'm going to go watch a movie". Never have I done that in all my years playing PoE. I don't even want to log in anymore because I know that all I have is garbage maps to run. The same ones over and over. That's the reason why I quit D3. Fells like I'm doing a greater rift but without drops.

Oh well. Maybe it will change next March.
"
Miská wrote:
Mods like bloodlines easily pay for themselves. There is no currency involved at all.

They do if you play efficient (Bisco's, Sextants, ...). If you play a random alch-and-go T10, I doubt they pay for themselves. Maybe if you run the chaos recipe, but I am certainly not going to do that.

"
Miská wrote:
And your last comment is just silly. Should we just put white maps in then? Because chisel and alching is to efficient, some people might not like it. Hell maybe someone thinks it's already to 'efficient' to take a map out of their stash.... *sigh*

If I could, I would play hard, corrupted T14-T16 all the time. BTW, chisels are just silly to start with, the entire concept is complete garbage.

And if someone enjoys playing white maps, why not? Who am I to judge? People shall play what they like to play. The problem is the fact that you have to pay for content, so unless you play efficiently, you cannot play certain content. Which is, well, dumb. Actually, very dumb. This is the first game where this concept has crossed my path, and I've found it stupid the moment I found out about it.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
Mods like bloodlines easily pay for themselves. There is no currency involved at all.

They do if you play efficient (Bisco's, Sextants, ...). If you play a random alch-and-go T10, I doubt they pay for themselves. Maybe if you run the chaos recipe, but I am certainly not going to do that.

"
Miská wrote:
And your last comment is just silly. Should we just put white maps in then? Because chisel and alching is to efficient, some people might not like it. Hell maybe someone thinks it's already to 'efficient' to take a map out of their stash.... *sigh*

If I could, I would play hard, corrupted T14-T16 all the time. BTW, chisels are just silly to start with, the entire concept is complete garbage.

And if someone enjoys playing white maps, why not? Who am I to judge? People shall play what they like to play. The problem is the fact that you have to pay for content, so unless you play efficiently, you cannot play certain content. Which is, well, dumb. Actually, very dumb. This is the first game where this concept has crossed my path, and I've found it stupid the moment I found out about it.

Well you can definately have your opinion. I like the system PoE has in place, where you can modify your own content and invest more to get more out of it. And mapping is an adventure, wich for me never gets old. Every new league I start at tier 1 and work my way up.
You really can't just dismiss every tool a game gives you and say they are to 'efficient' for me. I just want to play. That is part of the gameplay experience.

And at the end of all that they are giving you a choice to skip it all. Run t15 white maps all day if you really really can't be bothered to spend the time necesarry to engage with your atlas. But you even refuse that. Because buying content from other players, when you obviously are to lazy to do it yourself is also considered bad.

Last option left wich they will never put in (thank god) is a diablo style endgame. Where everything has no meaning or value. I think you have deviated your expectations and wishes far from what PoE ever will be. Maybe you should reflect your game choices abit more carefully.
Im having issues with the map drops also...

A bit of a background....
I really like chasing elder/shaper round the atlas and running different maps depending on mood or which build Im running.
In short no fancy sextantblocking or other tricks fits my playstyle.
And as SSF, Zana prices are just too expensive.
Optimal way of doing it? heck no, it fits me though.

Atm it feels like everything is about getting those maps to drop, not about enjoying the game mechanics with elder/shaper and such... and thats a pity.

I wouldn't mind if we had free access to white maps and the current map items where "converted" to map modifier items. Wouldn't change the amount of rare corrupted maps people are running but would make it alot easier to enjoy the basic level of the atlas for all people.
I severly doubt that we see that change though.
"
Dharall wrote:

I wouldn't mind if we had free access

No shit, you wouldnt mind something free? what a shocker lol
Look up karv's guide to ssf atlas completion. There is no way to run out of yellow and especially white maps. Zana's maps expensive? Maybe manage your currency better in ssf? save chances early on to get maps you need?
Why do you have ele overload on you vd witch btw?
"
Dharall wrote:

Atm it feels like everything is about getting those maps to drop, not about enjoying the game mechanics with elder/shaper and such... and thats a pity.

It isn't even getting those maps (this is easy, at least wwith trading involved).

My problem is: This does not feel like a "war" at all.

It plays like a shepherding simulator, you're carefully guiding your elder tentacle sheep trough the atlas while the shaper wolves are stalking them...
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
This is why I liked Harbinger. You didn't have to wait and play the trading game for hours to fill the atlas.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
i cant agree 100%, but i do agree to a point that map drops are bad; however, i have a full sustain on maps solely due to filling out the atlas completely. i dont follow the whole shape certain maps to have the "dream" map pool. i run every map, and kill every boss. 100% atlas completion is my reason for map sustain.
"
Cogburn wrote:
What is the point of t1-14 maps if i can just easily buy t15 and never runs lower maps because why would i? Better shit in t15+, right? Its called fucking progression that you have to work for and not have everything completed in a week, there is a reason leagues last 3+ months. No company can produce enough content for your likes. Game has to last to keep players playing and some mechanics exist for that. It is possible to sustain t14+ maps, you just want it easy. Maybe ask for a single player version instead

Yeah, I've already called it quits on this league before even the first month passed. While rich players complain that there's not enough content for them to cheese through with their overpriced and overpowered gear, people like me are stuck on white maps with comparatively sub-par gear scraping up what currency we can using the chaos vendor. And now I have to get screwed out of what little I earn just so I can progress through the atlas?

I enjoyed Harbinger league because I was able to reach red entirely through my own effort. If I have to start paying people just so I can reach that point, then I find that unacceptable. RNG is bad enough that we have to buy gear while sifting through AFK traders and price fixers, but game progression shouldn't be locked behind trade savvy.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Jan 22, 2018, 4:27:48 PM
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
Cogburn wrote:
What is the point of t1-14 maps if i can just easily buy t15 and never runs lower maps because why would i? Better shit in t15+, right? Its called fucking progression that you have to work for and not have everything completed in a week, there is a reason leagues last 3+ months. No company can produce enough content for your likes. Game has to last to keep players playing and some mechanics exist for that. It is possible to sustain t14+ maps, you just want it easy. Maybe ask for a single player version instead

Yeah, I've already called it quits on this league before even the first month passed. While rich players complain that there's not enough content for them to cheese through with their overpriced and overpowered gear, people like me are stuck on white maps with comparatively sub-par gear scraping up what currency we can using the chaos vendor. And now I have to get screwed out of what little I earn just so I can progress through the atlas?

I enjoyed Harbinger league because I was able to reach red entirely through my own effort. If I have to start paying people just so I can reach that point, then I find that unacceptable. RNG is bad enough that we have to buy gear while sifting through AFK traders and price fixers, but game progression shouldn't be locked behind trade savvy.

And what makes rich players rich? Effort and knowledge. What is the point of crying to make game easier (=boring) instead of learning how to achieve what you want to achieve? You sound very jealous of no idea what, as if some players start league with completed atlas and full stash of maps and currency.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
And now I have to get screwed out of what little I earn just so I can progress through the atlas?

Did you have to make it so sad? I cried :( Life is so unfair to you, im sorry..

"
Pizzarugi wrote:
RNG is bad enough that we have to buy gear

Please don't tell anyone, but you dont have to buy anything. You can play all the way to red maps in ssf gear no problem, you just haven't tried it, did you? It's like all the noobs wasting little currency they have to buy leveling uniques when you dont need any. I recently started playing ssf and it's so much better without trading, which is sometimes annoying, especially later in a league.

As for being stuck in white maps.. it's laughable.. If it's really so hard - look at how others do it, nothing hard about progressing to red maps and sustaining them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info