Elder needs to be toned down. Plan and simple

Oni scales with level. So get to 90+, build crit, get a diamond flask, swap out crit damage in your main link for elemental damage with attacks, and put on some gem quality everywhere.
"
Dreyloch666 wrote:
I've defeated all his guardians with a few deaths each and these were white tier maps. He's currently sitting on my T4 lighthouse map. I've tried a few times with a ranged, very mobile bow build. But realized this just wasn't gonna cut it. Couldn't get the adds down fast enough, and of course that means spreading the ground rot that just destroys an evasion build because of physical damage. Never made it past the first stage as far as i could tell.

So I left the map alone for going on 3 weeks, and have built another supposedly more tanky Molten strike build with a 6 link Oni sword and still can't even get to the (second stage?) Where the elder has him chained up. I'm sorry GGG, but this encounter needs a nerf. At the very least for a t4 tier setting? I shouldn't need 1mil+ dps to take this down at this low of a level. It's just stupid. You try to take down the adds, and get whacked by elder mechanics. You ignore the adds, you end up with ground rot anyway, and no pot charges. Not to mention the freeze he puts on you, and one shot portal/respawn thing he does.

I'm currently running a 77 Juggernaut with 9k Molten Strike tooltip before passive buffs kick in, and about 4.1k health. I've watch a few videos of the encounter but most of that is yellow or red map tier. There seems to be no difference in the mechanics. Am I wrong in the way I'm thinking? Does the tier not matter at all? Because that should've been very clearly announced, or this guy shouldn't be spawning in that low of a tier map. Sure, I could find someone to run the stupid thing for me. I'd rather be able to have even a sliver of hope to defeat it on my own and not have to pay someone, and lose any loot dropped.

Let the trolling and flaming commence. I really don't care.

Stronger, much stronger build required, melting t-15 elder tbh, he's far easier than shaper.
Learn the game instead of calling for nerfs to difficulty.
Sorry OP but your gear is terrible apart from the sword. You have no health, no damage, 26% crit on a crit focused build, you're using 5 defensive flasks, you're low level, not fully ascended. You have plenty of work to do with the build.

I suggest looking for a build guide and completely rebuilding your gear.

I'm doing an Oni build aswell and I'm melting Shaper, guardians, elder.
IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard
Last edited by Ryce247 on Jan 21, 2018, 7:51:58 AM
Every single boss is hard until you learn the fight, and many are too easy once you do. This game rewards knowledge and punishes ignorance. That's why we like it.
Had no issues with elder, ripped one try when I was playing in a duo with a friend, first try solo killed him with one death. Still don't really know the mechanics wasn't anything that seemed too hard honestly.

Granted I was playing a LLED build with enfeeble/TC with 50 curse effect but that's also the point of the character it makes bosses easy no matter what. Was only on a 5, link and was before I got two chaos damage rings and was still using a ,lv 19 gem.

Also protip to keep shaper alive, sulpher flask will heal him if used next to him. Makes him basically immortal to the adds if ever have trouble there.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Last edited by BokkoTheBunny on Jan 21, 2018, 8:04:58 PM
1. Not enough life. 4k even at 77 is pretty weaksauce, especially for a Juggernaut. For a tanky melee you should have at least 5.5k by that time. Also you don't mention if you have VP. That's actually a notable node and if you don't have it, then you're probably going to get slaughtered as your leech rate will be too low and there aren't many places to run for an extended period of time in an arena that small.

2. Run Purity of Ice. All his attacks are cold-based spell damage. Having 79% cold resistance is a massive boost from 75%. Massive. If you can get a level 21 and amp it up to 80%, his hits won't do nearly as much.

3. His slam is a one shot. Doesn't matter what you have, it will kill you. His slow/ES leech is best handled jumping or moving behind him. His melee hits are pretty meh and you can face tank those. His second phase is probably the most annoying. Not because it's hard, but because at the end, it's a straight up DPS check as you can get. If you don't kill him, then you hit phase 3 and it's pretty much akin to not killing the trio in Atziri's hideout in the right sequence. So help you if you leave the titty bitch last.

You just have to understand his mechanics. If you mean to say that you can't just walk up and facetank the entire fight, so it's too hard and it needs a nerf, then you are 100% right. If you mean to say that you've created a well balanced build with good defense and offense and can work his pattern but it's still too hard, then no. Not even in the slightest.

It's a hard fight, yeah. But it's actually nowhere near as hard as all of Uber Atziri. And even on some days, Uber Izaro (and his stupid lieutenants) can hit just as hard!
Deliver pain exquisite
What is that bow build man, come on... if you can't build properly, you defer the right to call the Elder fight overtuned. Geez.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
What is that bow build man, come on... if you can't build properly, you defer the right to call the Elder fight overtuned. Geez.

Should I look at it?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
OniGoroshi has severe life degen the higher your level and your tree have little to no life regen.
One easy suggestion is to run Purity of Fire to help battle the degen.
Either remove Arctic armor or one of the 2 heralds.

If you can afford it, get better armor/boots/ring.
Armor doesn't need to be Kaom's or Belly, you can consider buying those 110 life+ armor with 40-50 str for more life, those are pretty cheap and you don't need to 6L those. Kaom's is BIS but expensive.
Your current Boots has no life. you don't need 30 MS at the moment, consider dropping to 20/25 MS and get better boots for cheaps. You're already using whirling blade with BM.
One of your rings has no life but it will be least priority since you're using it for resistances.
Remember that STR also gives you life but takes up a suffix slot.

You took quite a bit of DPS nodes, that's another reason why your life total is low, you might want to consider dropping some DPS nodes and pick more life nodes if survivability is your goal. Aim for 6.5k to 7k life at least.

Elder is fine. You cannot facetank all his mechanics, you need to at least dodge the slam. You can watch some vids to learn his mechanics beforehand.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on Jan 21, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info