[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

What are the best Watcher's Eye affixes?
Cold penetration + inc. cold? Or cold penetration + gain % of phys as fire? Or something else?
Please not that i'm playing with aurabot, so i'm affected by all auras
"
DNOnnie wrote:
Cold penetration + inc. cold? Or cold penetration + gain % of phys as fire? Or something else?

Physical Conversion + Cold Penis highest dps. The Physical to cold is best because it frees up the glove slot and allows you to use tombfist(for intimidate) or any other glove you want. Tombfist adds big damage and a abyssal jewel which is nice.

Physical Conversion + Cold damage would be second best. Two watcher's eye with physical to cold give 100% cold dmg and is also more damage.

I would still say physical to cold/cold pen if running with an aura bot.

Side note, Throw_a_net_first is an accurate name fur playing this in league. 10/10 ;D
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 30, 2018, 6:42:37 PM
"
Muirey wrote:
Spoiler
"
DNOnnie wrote:

Physical Conversion + Cold Penis highest dps. The Physical to cold is best because it frees up the glove slot and allows you to use tombfist(for intimidate) or any other glove you want. Tombfist adds big damage and a abyssal jewel which is nice.

Physical Conversion + Cold damage would be second best. Two watcher's eye with physical to cold give 100% cold dmg and is also more damage.

I would still say physical to cold/cold pen if running with an aura bot.

Side note, Throw_a_net_first is an accurate name fur playing this in league. 10/10 ;D

Darn. I've been waiting for lvl8 Vorici to link my +1gems hrimburn
There are only 3 sellers of phys conv + cold pen and all of them are 50 ex. That's kinda expensive for freeing gloves slot
What's the second option you mentioned? Phys conv. + Added cold or increased cold?

About names - yeah, that's right. This culling strike screws up carpturing sometimes. Rares with 1 mod are impossible to catch because they always get's oneshotted

BTW, there are couple mistakes in your guide
1) Gems section. You said it's possible to link Ice bite with totem to achieve 100% chance to freeze. But the problem is that ice bite can't support totems
2) Mapping section. You said phys reflect maps are good because you'll proc CWDT more often, but you won't. Headsman ascendancy prevents taking phys reflected damage, so there won't be any effect

Anyway, big thanks for guide, i enjoy it a lot
"
DNOnnie wrote:
There are only 3 sellers of phys conv + cold pen and all of them are 50 ex. That's kinda expensive for freeing gloves slot
What's the second option you mentioned? Phys conv. + Added cold or increased cold?

About names - yeah, that's right. This culling strike screws up carpturing sometimes. Rares with 1 mod are impossible to catch because they always get's oneshotted

1) Gems section. You said it's possible to link Ice bite with totem to achieve 100% chance to freeze. But the problem is that ice bite can't support totems
2) Mapping section. You said phys reflect maps are good because you'll proc CWDT more often, but you won't. Headsman ascendancy prevents taking phys reflected damage, so there won't be any effect

1) Ah I didn't notice that it couldn't support totems. I'll fix that.

2) Just left over from before ascendancy rework when we did take physical reflect. Always a few I miss, thanks for pointing it out!

Yes physic conv + cold pen are the most expensive ones but just physical conv tend to be alright priced and free up the glove spot just the same. Phys conv + pen is just the end all goal for watcher's eye.

Phys conv + added cold was the only other one I plugged into PoB. Hatred wise it can either have Phys conv, added cold, cold crit or cold pen. If RT crit is out so leaves added cold an cold pen. Added cold isn't a bad second option, I just run phys conv myself.

Yup that's how I play the league... if I see the yellow beast icon near I circle around till it's kinda by itself, net it and demolish the entire pack and HOPE it didn't break out last second heh.

Glad you're enjoying it! Always nice to see others having fun with the build. :D
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 31, 2018, 4:57:16 PM
"
Muirey wrote:
Spoiler
"
DNOnnie wrote:

1) Ah I didn't notice that it couldn't support totems. I'll fix that.

2) Just left over from before ascendancy rework when we did take physical reflect. Always a few I miss, thanks for pointing it out!

Yes physic conv + cold pen are the most expensive ones but just physical conv tend to be alright priced and free up the glove spot just the same. Phys conv + pen is just the end all goal for watcher's eye.

Phys conv + added cold was the only other one I plugged into PoB. Hatred wise it can either have Phys conv, added cold, cold crit or cold pen. If RT crit is out so leaves added cold an cold pen. Added cold isn't a bad second option, I just run phys conv myself.

Yup that's how I play the league... if I see the yellow beast icon near I circle around till it's kinda by itself, net it and demolish the entire pack and HOPE it didn't break out last second heh.

Glad you're enjoying it! Always nice to see others having fun with the build. :D

when i search for Hatred on poe.trade there are 40-60% increased cold damage while affected by hatred. I'm curious is it better than added cold
Ah yeah look at that, you're right. PoB doesn't have that listed as one of the possible rolls on watcher's eyes!

Checking it through PoB by adding "60% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred" to a normal jewel it ends up: Cold Pen > Cold dmg % > Added Cold dmg.

difference is, full buffed with ele focus/conc in PoB on cyclone dps:

Phys conv/Cold Pen = 2.212mil
Phys conv/Cold Dmg % = 2.187mil
Phys conv/Added Cold = 2.168mil

The differences are very small... about 50k dps between added cold and cold pen. So depending on which one is cheaper... which won't be the cold pen heh.. just get whichever you can get at a reasonable price.
Last edited by Muirey on Apr 1, 2018, 1:06:22 PM
Hi, can you look at my toon and suggest what I need to upgrade?
he is strad_cyclone
Last edited by Strad1975 on Apr 2, 2018, 9:16:17 AM
"
Strad1975 wrote:
Hi, can you look at my toon and suggest what I need to upgrade?
he is strad_cyclone

Mainly expensive things. You can either find or buy the beasts to corrupt your best disfavour(or divine it the best you can) to have 30% quality. Loreweave is pretty nice. Rolling Opals till you get high WED or Added Phys along with resists/life.

Run labs to get boot enchant, either dmg pen if haven't killed or 16% attack speed if have killed. Can craft Elemental Damage on boots.

Corrupted Daresso's Salute, +1 max frenzy are pretty cheap last I looked. There are a few other corruptions that are good as well. I go with +1 max frenzy.

A watcher's eye with Physical damage converted to cold while using hatred, either 40% or divine to 40% yourself then give up hrimburns for tombfirst with a murderous eye jewel for intimidate damage.

Could probably pick up a frostbite effect devoto's cheap and it's on par with 15% cyclone attack speed enchant.

Expensive things but that's the point you're at! ;)
Right on. tks for the input
"
Muirey wrote:
Spoiler
Ah yeah look at that, you're right. PoB doesn't have that listed as one of the possible rolls on watcher's eyes!

Checking it through PoB by adding "60% increased Cold Damage while affected by Hatred" to a normal jewel it ends up: Cold Pen > Cold dmg % > Added Cold dmg.

difference is, full buffed with ele focus/conc in PoB on cyclone dps:

Phys conv/Cold Pen = 2.212mil
Phys conv/Cold Dmg % = 2.187mil
Phys conv/Added Cold = 2.168mil

The differences are very small... about 50k dps between added cold and cold pen. So depending on which one is cheaper... which won't be the cold pen heh.. just get whichever you can get at a reasonable price.

I've done some heavy maths, and can't understand why penetration is better
Spoiler
For example i deal 1000dmg

Shaper cold res: 40%
Watcher's eye cold penetration: -15%
Frostbite 21lvl (80% reduced effectiveness) -9%
Shaper res after reductions: 16%
(1-0.16)*1000 = 840dmg

Watcher's eye inc.cold: 60% + Cyclone 21lvl damage effectiveness: 57% = 34% inc.damage
Shaper res after reductions: 31%
(1-0.31)*1000*(1+0.34) = 924dmg

Goes even further with ElEq provided by aurabot

Watcher's eye cold penetration: -15%
ElEq: -50%
Shaper res after reductions: -34%
(1+0.34)*1000 = 1340dmg

Watcher's eye inc.cold: 60% + Cyclone 21lvl damage effectiveness: 57% = 34% inc.damage
ElEq: -50%
Shaper res after reductions: -19%
(1+0.19)*1000*(1+0.34) = 1594dmg

What did i miss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info