[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Just got a fully ethical ToH drop lul! progressing well with this build!
You know I wasn't really feeling the pokemon sacrificing league but.....

This is a thing o.O
What's the difference between Hrimburn and Hrimsorrow? Can we ignite with this build?
"
thrawn8586 wrote:
What's the difference between Hrimburn and Hrimsorrow? Can we ignite with this build?

Hrimburn makes it so you can ignite with your cold damage.
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 18, 2018, 10:02:20 AM

Hey been loving ur guide so far, and manage to finish guardians and shaper with this build, i was just wondering what else i can do to optimise for higher dps, considering i want to farm shaper in a long run once prices goes a tad better. Id love to hear any suggestions on improvements!
"
Allure_5 wrote:

Hey been loving ur guide so far, and manage to finish guardians and shaper with this build, i was just wondering what else i can do to optimise for higher dps, considering i want to farm shaper in a long run once prices goes a tad better. Id love to hear any suggestions on improvements!

Thanks, glad you've been having fun!

Your gear is pretty solid, nice corruptions on chest and amulet btw! There are a few area's where you could squeeze out some more dps and, depending on your currency situation, gain quite a lot.

Boots

A few options would be: Similar pair with open prefix so you can craft Elemental damage(Haku lvl 6) and lab enchant of either dmg pen if haven't killed recently or attack speed if have killed recently. Maximum dps would be boots with movement speed/life/resists/Elemental dmg AND +1 max frenzy corruption.(If we assume you have charges up most of the time)

Gloves

Commantment of Fury is quite abit of dps for free and is almost equal to a +1 to socketed gems corruption.

Amulet

+1 frenzy corruption maths out to higher dps but assumes you have frenzy up constantly, which on some bosses it will be, some it will not. The current 7% attack speed is a very good second though because of it being up 100% of the time.

Rings

Flat phys, high life, resists and either crafted or high elemental damage roll. Godly, sell your soul kind of ring would also have attack speed or % increased cold damage on it. Let the chaos spam begin!

Jewels

Getting a bit more max life jewels would be great. 8% attack speed, 7% max life and 2 damage rolls ideal for normal jewels.

Abyssal Jewels can have flat phys, attack speed, life and 2% damage pen if haven't killed recently or 20% dmg if have killed. Either are very strong.

Now for the super pricey stuff! Currently with beast crafting you can quality your disfavour to 30%. A max rolled disfavour with 30% quality is 663.7 dps. It's kinda absurd! I plugged mine into PoB vs a rare and it only fell off after the rare axe had around 715ish dps. Which is nearing mirror tier of rare two hand axes. I got mine for 23ex and for me, since these are the builds I always play, 100% worth it.

Outside of beast league, mirror quality axes will cause your damage to skyrocket. Kind of obvious but figured I'd list everything.

Watcher's eye jewels are also a thing now and can have on them cold conversion and cold penetration when effected by hatred. Expensive as hell but are a thing. I have two at the moment, one with the conversion and one with just the penetration. Both are quite a good damage boost alone but together would be fantastic.

~~~~~~~~
Misc

Passive tree wise

Getting winter's spirit and fangs of frost will be a big damage increase. Right now you're only at 50% cold conversion without Winter's Spirit branch. I'd get Winter's Spirit asap.

Sin's rebirth is some good damage and a good survival boost. Atziri's promise as well.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. If you want to be farming bosses Kaom's is the choice and you have a great corruption on yours. Belt is fantastic, sure not perfect but amazing still. If you could get a Abyss belt with the same stats and plug one of the Abyss jewels mentioned earlier into it that would be as good as it gets.

Abyssus maths out to be more damage but you'd also take some more from physical so give and take. I prefer the attack speed on Devoto's myself.

Other than that just more levels and finishing out the passive tree!
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 19, 2018, 1:27:57 PM
So I was looking at some watchers eye's Do you think Cold pen or cold conversion outweighs a life / 3x dmg stat jewel? They cost about the same
I made a %life, 8% attack speed with axes, 10% damage, 12% area damage jewel in PoB and it just barely a watcher's eye with physical conversion. A cold pen watchers eye is about 10K more damage over that created jewel.

On a non-damage side of things, going full cold conversion makes cyclone SO QUIET. It's kinda odd heh.
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 24, 2018, 9:45:57 AM
Cold pen it is then
Last edited by Throttlezz on Mar 24, 2018, 2:07:48 PM
Actually... running the numbers if you get a 40% conversion watcher's eye you can swap out Hrimburns for a 1(preferably) or 2 socket Tombfist and get intimidate with a murderous eye socketed. Over all a huge damage boost.

Running it now and it's quite good.
Last edited by Muirey on Mar 26, 2018, 12:29:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info