Spoiler
For example i deal 1000dmg

Shaper cold res: 40%
Watcher's eye cold penetration: -15%
Frostbite 21lvl (80% reduced effectiveness) -9%
Shaper res after reductions: 16%
(1-0.16)*1000 = 840dmg

Watcher's eye inc.cold: 60% + Cyclone 21lvl damage effectiveness: 57% = 34% inc.damage
Shaper res after reductions: 31%
(1-0.31)*1000*(1+0.34) = 924dmg

Goes even further with ElEq provided by aurabot

ElEq: -50%
Shaper res after reductions: -34%
(1+0.34)*1000 = 1340dmg

Watcher's eye inc.cold: 60% + Cyclone 21lvl damage effectiveness: 57% = 34% inc.damage
Shaper res after reductions: -19%
(1+0.19)*1000*(1+0.34) = 1594dmg

What did i miss?

Missed nothing, I wasn't calculating it with bosses in mind just general map farming. Boss farming, yes you are calculating correctly.
"
Muirey wrote:
"
DNOnnie wrote:
I've done some heavy maths, and can't understand why penetration is better
Spoiler
For example i deal 1000dmg

Shaper res after reductions: 16%
(1-0.16)*1000 = 840dmg

Shaper res after reductions: 31%
(1-0.31)*1000*(1+0.34) = 924dmg

Goes even further with ElEq provided by aurabot

Shaper res after reductions: -34%
(1+0.34)*1000 = 1340dmg

Shaper res after reductions: -19%
(1+0.19)*1000*(1+0.34) = 1594dmg

What did i miss?

Missed nothing, I wasn't calculating it with bosses in mind just general map farming. Boss farming, yes you are calculating correctly.

Oki doki, thanks for all responces
Well, i'm not farming bosses - just enjoying game, enjoying build etc.
The reason why i calculated this is why do anyone should add damage for regaular farming, when everything that's not boss/legendary beast dies in 1 second :D
Pretty much, that's why I posted the actual numbers. Like it's such a small difference but for people who want to min/max a character to it's fullest that small amount matters.

I'm fine with just a phys conversion watcher's eye myself because adding the intimidate from tombfist is already just a stupid amount of damage increase.

Yup, no problem! I like crunching numbers and dealing with actual constructive feedback/questions!
Last edited by Muirey on Apr 4, 2018, 8:51:44 AM
So tl;dr that is Pen > conversion jewel for bossing?
"
Throttlezz wrote:
So tl;dr that is Pen > conversion jewel for bossing?

Nah, conversion is your mandatory affix for Watcher's Eye if you gonna use tombfist
Exactly, you always want it to have conversion on the Watcher's eye and really all 3 of the other hatred effects are so close that any of them are good.

You always want the physical to cold conversion because it allows you to use different gloves, mainly tombfist for the intimidate 10% increased attack damage.
Last edited by Muirey on Apr 5, 2018, 9:07:09 AM
Hey, I really like your build. Can you give me some advice on my gear/thoughts?

Do you think getting a green nightmare and going for the +1 frenzy near the ranger/slayeris a good idea?Some darkray boots as well? What would you focus on upgrading next?(I'm still new so I don't know what to prioritize)
Is shock nova in the CWDT set up good?
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
"
anderdouche wrote:
Hey, I really like your build. Can you give me some advice on my gear/thoughts?
Spoiler

Do you think getting a green nightmare and going for the +1 frenzy near the ranger/slayeris a good idea?Some darkray boots as well? What would you focus on upgrading next?(I'm still new so I don't know what to prioritize)
Is shock nova in the CWDT set up good?

I don't think that Green Nightmare is worth the cost. You can get a regular jewel or a watcher's eye with physical to cold conversion for less and it would be stronger.

Darkray vectors are fine but it really cuts out available resists on gear so it all depends on how much you can get from rings/belt. Using the frenzy nodes are fine, I've been using some of them this league just for quality of life with the added frenzy duration.

Shock Nova in CWDT is fine for random chances to shock. Vortex is also good but you're using Ele focus atm not Hypothermia so the extra chill wouldn't help other than to slow things down. I wouldn't replace frostbomb with shock nova but use both of them. CWDT-Frostbomb-Immortal Call-Shock Nova/Vortex.

I'd pick up a 30% frostbite curse effect devoto's for one. They are usually pretty cheap(11c at time of posting this).

The biggest jump in damage you'll get is a disfavour. Even a 5 link would beat out the 6l in chest.

Lab enchant on boots. Only listed Atziri's promise and profile is set to private so I can't see what other flasks, jewels or passive tree you have atm but Sin's Rebirth, Taste of hate and even a Wise Oak are good flasks to add in.

As far as what to prioritize, you're basically at the point in gear where I just start saving for a Disfavour. I'd definitely pick up the 30% frostbite curse effect devoto's because it's 2nd best if not the best helm enchant and very cheap.
Sorry, just made my profile public.
I'd figured getting the cyclone enchant(s) for helm would be better...does the frostbite curse effect one outperform it by a lot?
How would you recommend getting frenzy charges?
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
"
anderdouche wrote:
Sorry, just made my profile public.
I'd figured getting the cyclone enchant(s) for helm would be better...does the frostbite curse effect one outperform it by a lot?
How would you recommend getting frenzy charges?

The enchants are better/worse depending on a lot of things. Cyclone enchants in general are nice because they don't rely on anything except you using cyclone but they tend to be expensive. Frostbite curse effect tends to be very cheap compared the cyclone enchant but you'd miss out on it vs hexproof maps/things or bosses where curses are reduced.

Cost wise Frostbite is very good and lets one save currency for bigger things while still providing a good damage boost. The warchief and protector helm enchants are also good(increased attack speed while protector is active / increased damage while warchief is active) but I personally prefer things that don't require me stopping to drop totems.

"How would you recommend getting frenzy charges?"

If you mean generating them, Blood rage is what the build uses to generate them. You can get around the degen hurting you by either: A) Using it after first pack so you're already leeching. Or B) Using a Writhing Jar.

If you use bloodrage, use writhing jar flask and kill the worms, you'll be leeching and have all the recently killed buffs. Maybe even onslaught.

~~~~

Yup, I see profile now and looks fine. Jewels have room for improvement and wouldn't be that costly. Take some time to figure out the live mode on PoE Trade and you can find jewels that are under priced quite often.

This filter: http://poe.trade/search/kutanomikommok Is what I use to find regular jewels.

You're using Hezmana's which gives your attacks Blood Magic, so you could replace your mana flask with a Sulfur Flask for more damage or a Stibnite Flask/Basalt Flask for more protection. Stibnite flask is very good with the cyclone if you just hang out in the smoke cloud it creates.

My personal preference is one Freeze Immune Quicksilver and curse immune on a defensive flask. That way I'm almost always freeze immune because I'm always using quicksilver. Not hard to Alteration spam into Curse immune and there is a beast recipe for both freeze immune and curse immune right now.
Last edited by Muirey on Apr 6, 2018, 1:22:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info