*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
for dummies: just read the updated 3.2 version. there's a recommended build (cloak of defiance build, reads "Recommended") and an expensive build (reads "expensive, 30ex++,lvl 90++)

if you want to get further knowledge of how this build works and what mechanics are behind, you should read the full guide. there are a lot of iterations. you can play kaom's, dendrbate, cloak, belly. you can play impresence or effigon. you can play lightpoacher or rat's or devoto's or a good rare. you can play bubonic trail or a good rare. you can play elder rings or thiefs.

if you dont have PoB the first step you should do is to dl PoB. otherwise you wont get this build working. i recommend the cloak version. its the best mix of offense+defence, fairly tanky and matches great with mana/flasks passives for fast clearspeed

Ive gotten it working by understanding that literally all the damage comes from abyss jewels.. before that (level 1-60) I was basically doing nothing in terms of dmg.

https://pastebin.com/91x3cWZS

thats where i am at right now and my life feels like trash, everything is going good with the build in terms of clear & single target barrage. Anything higher than t10 though and i expect to die. Life goes from 100-0 instantly without warning, im not sure how to run this build without 2 life flasks and even that doesnt save me from the insta k0.

id like to keep the biscos so that rules out the impresence. Where should i proceed from here?
"
Ayyrick wrote:
"
for dummies: just read the updated 3.2 version. there's a recommended build (cloak of defiance build, reads "Recommended") and an expensive build (reads "expensive, 30ex++,lvl 90++)

if you want to get further knowledge of how this build works and what mechanics are behind, you should read the full guide. there are a lot of iterations. you can play kaom's, dendrbate, cloak, belly. you can play impresence or effigon. you can play lightpoacher or rat's or devoto's or a good rare. you can play bubonic trail or a good rare. you can play elder rings or thiefs.

if you dont have PoB the first step you should do is to dl PoB. otherwise you wont get this build working. i recommend the cloak version. its the best mix of offense+defence, fairly tanky and matches great with mana/flasks passives for fast clearspeed

Ive gotten it working by understanding that literally all the damage comes from abyss jewels.. before that (level 1-60) I was basically doing nothing in terms of dmg.

https://pastebin.com/91x3cWZS

thats where i am at right now and my life feels like trash, everything is going good with the build in terms of clear & single target barrage. Anything higher than t10 though and i expect to die. Life goes from 100-0 instantly without warning, im not sure how to run this build without 2 life flasks and even that doesnt save me from the insta k0.

id like to keep the biscos so that rules out the impresence. Where should i proceed from here?

life flasks are bad for this build because you have "instant"leech that is way better than life flasks with thiefs torment. if you want to prevent 1shots, get a taste of hate intsead of 1 life flask. i recommend a silver flask to replace the 2. life flask.
you will always be 1shot if you do not use cloak of defiance.
i said it a lot of times already: cloak of defiance is recommended for this build. read the main post if you want to get info how to set MoM up right. basically, get mana+flask passives, get your mana to be around 45% of your max life. get mana+life on your helmet+boots. regarding your build, you could easily improve your ehp from 3200 to ~5k.

skill effect duration does not affect poisons anymore and is not worth it.
bubonic trail is only worth it with 2 abyssal sockets and good jewels. same for lightpoacher.
your setup in general is really bad. go for the cloak version. with your gear level you'll not make a pure life-based version work.
ok ill work on it, thx for looking.
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I picked this up for 30c.

I was thinking of memeing it up with burning arrow/pierce instead of ice shot/chain.

funny idea, but burning arrow is beyond terrible.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I was thinking of memeing it up with burning arrow/pierce instead of ice shot/chain.

I know lol. But since it's not being used to deal damage, I thought it could be a decent vehicle for the poison. Could also free up a freeze mod on a flask for ignite or something. I've noticed that regularly being ignited often really screws with my overall ehp w/ mom. Though that was with anger on. I'm going to try with it off while mapping and see how much of a difference it makes. Just thinking out loud.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
Moridin79 wrote:

I know lol. But since it's not being used to deal damage, I thought it could be a decent vehicle for the poison. Could also free up a freeze mod on a flask for ignite or something. I've noticed that regularly being ignited often really screws with my overall ehp w/ mom. Though that was with anger on. I'm going to try with it off while mapping and see how much of a difference it makes. Just thinking out loud.

there's definitely cool interaction because its a fire based skill. gives some extra chance to poison and frees up a flask slot. the problem is that burning arrow provides way less hits than ice shot and so the poison duration gets screwed.
maybe you can utilize another fire gem for the cannot be frozen mod? maybe blast rain or so.

nothing is coming close to ice shot gmp chain though ;)
Last edited by Sacr0 on Mar 27, 2018, 6:48:14 PM
can ya take a look and make any suggestions? i'm not doing too bad, but still more deaths than i'd like from time to time. thanx.

https://pastebin.com/P7fTXKy3
You have already looked at my gear once before, just wondering if you think these rings are ok to use over a torment ring

https://pastebin.com/7zLPQbht
"
Sacr0 wrote:
there's definitely cool interaction because its a fire based skill. gives some extra chance to poison and frees up a flask slot. the problem is that burning arrow provides way less hits than ice shot and so the poison duration gets screwed.
maybe you can utilize another fire gem for the cannot be frozen mod? maybe blast rain or so.

nothing is coming close to ice shot gmp chain though ;)

I knew I was missing something! The Ice Shot cone! Duh....Oh well. I knew BA was shit, I Just had to see how bad it was in action :P I'll still keep the helm as it is still fairly decent for the price I paid even without the use of its special mod.

So, for pob calculation of poisons applied recently do we just multiply the number of arrows by aps by 4? Or does the chain/cone actually apply a poison as well? Trying to get a better idea of the mechanics.

Also, is +1 Maloney's still bis on a reasonable budget? Obviously gg shaper quivers are but I'm not spending 20ex+ for one xD

How much blind on hit do you suggest to have in total? I have one 4 prop dual fire dmg life and 3% chance to blind on hit. Should I go up to 6% or more?

Sorry for the rambling. Thanks in advance. xD

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
So in your "recommended" PoB you have Immolate for both Barrage and Ice Shot. I have a feeling however that because Immolate requires at least two hits for Immolate to do anything, something like Unbound Ailments might be better? For Barrage it's obv a no brainer
ign: PhrozenFlame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info