*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
The_Sin wrote:
For those of you chance/scouring a 6L short bow, how's it going? I'm currently at 317 attempts and still no luck.

the issue with this method is you could very well spend more currency in scour/chances than what it costs to just buy a 6l quill rain.

edit: he said 5 min before chancing his own 6l quill....

Last edited by DotsandDashes on Mar 11, 2018, 1:59:58 PM
Xan's build is better if you already have all of your items, but I feel the extra damage and res from my tree is necessary while still gearing as affording top tier jewels is tough. I can always transition once I'm at a much higher level, although it's going to be quite a few regrets. https://pastebin.com/NpCv9fXD

Current gear:

"
The_Sin wrote:
For those of you chance/scouring a 6L short bow, how's it going? I'm currently at 317 attempts and still no luck.

3 chance orbs, but my luck is usually really bad, so it was quite surprising.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Last edited by Bmxant on Mar 11, 2018, 11:54:09 AM
so does using elemental damage with attacks equate to more damage than using the poison gem in its place? I tried them both in the 6l set up and while i'm only level 61, i couldn't really tell a difference in killing speed

Last edited by DotsandDashes on Mar 11, 2018, 7:15:42 PM
"
Solthos wrote:
How far is the DPS between the fire and lightning version?

Also, can someone please link the PoB for the Fire Assassin build?

How much DPS will that build do? Is Kaoms a good chest over Dendrobate?

Well like I said before.. going MOM didnt make sense to me. I tried chancing quill rain didnt workout so I bought 1.. Then 1 hr later used the rest of my scour I had just farmed (like 12) and chanced it.. Almost sold it but kept it and got myself a Kaoms and i now just weapon swap.. So far its great just takes practice...So yea i would get Kaoms ...
Last edited by Drey070 on Mar 11, 2018, 5:16:29 PM
Ye some update for 3.2 would be great. Entire build is pretty much based on pathfinder while main note is saying that asassin is the way now xD
Last edited by Deziowy on Mar 11, 2018, 6:00:00 PM
Sorry that I really don’t know how to quote your replies on my phone...

I like both bd of ”Bmxant” and “Xanthochroid”... thank you guys for the studying and help. But I’m wondering since the concept of this bd is using Volkuur’s glove + abyss jewel to scale the base dmg of each poison, so sockets of jewel should take a big roll in this bd. And I noticed that Xan’s bd will be around 2 sockets less than OP’s or Bmx’s... I’m wondering wouldn’t that change a lot in the very end? At least dps wise?
"
chun80 wrote:
Sorry that I really don’t know how to quote your replies on my phone...

I like both bd of ”Bmxant” and “Xanthochroid”... thank you guys for the studying and help. But I’m wondering since the concept of this bd is using Volkuur’s glove + abyss jewel to scale the base dmg of each poison, so sockets of jewel should take a big roll in this bd. And I noticed that Xan’s bd will be around 2 sockets less than OP’s or Bmx’s... I’m wondering wouldn’t that change a lot in the very end? At least dps wise?

I also pick up more Chaos, Damage over Time, Attack Speed, and Accuracy nodes.

Also anything past like 5M shaper dps barely even matters. Picking up 2 more jewels would boost my shaper DPS from 9M to like 11-12M.

9M is already so incredibly high that it phases shaper in seconds.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 12, 2018, 12:29:26 AM
Currently leveling a fire variant, I plan on using Kaom's for defenses as well (helps that it gives a nice dps boost too)

Has anyone considered spending the 5 extra passives (10% chance to poison on hit) to drop Poison support? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but perhaps others have more insight?

Also PoB is saying Burning Damage support is best dps gem for Barrage...? Does that work the way PoB says it does?

thanks
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Also anything past like 5M shaper dps barely even matters. Picking up 2 more jewels would boost my shaper DPS from 9M to like 11-12M.

Yeah, but getting to that point is the problem, this build starts out sooo slow.

Still deciding if I want Ambush and Assassinate or Unstable Infusion, both are just "okay"

MoM technically ups your health pool (artificially) to around 6k when you have 4.5k health.

I like the easy path to Elemental Overload, but you don't really gain much going through the Witch starting area.

The 2x 8% ele and 1x 10% ele nodes are giving a lot of damage, but they are out of the way. Also, you didn't take Catalyse.

Deadly Draw is quite good too.

It's a good variant, but it's definitely harder to start with your build as you're not getting the 18% resist nodes + sentinel. Plus most of us are buying 1-35 to 2-44 lightning damage jewels, so having those two extra sockets helps quite a bit. The OP's jewels are way too expensive.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Last edited by Bmxant on Mar 12, 2018, 1:59:37 AM
"
Bmxant wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Yeah, but getting to that point is the problem, this build starts out sooo slow.

Still deciding if I want Ambush and Assassinate or Unstable Infusion, both are just "okay"

MoM technically ups your health pool (artificially) to around 6k when you have 4.5k health.

I like the easy path to Elemental Overload, but you don't really gain much going through the Witch starting area.

The 2x 8% ele and 1x 10% ele nodes are giving a lot of damage, but they are out of the way. Also, you didn't take Catalyse.

Deadly Draw is quite good too.

It's a good variant, but it's definitely harder to start with your build as you're not getting the 18% resist nodes + sentinel. Plus most of us are buying 1-35 to 2-44 lightning damage jewels, so having those two extra sockets helps quite a bit. The OP's jewels are way too expensive.

I went with his build, there's a rough spot from like the late 30's to late 40's while you're only grabbing travel nodes but I'm 68 now and plowing through white maps like nothing and i can only see it getting stronger from here. grab a 6l quill by either buying one, or chancing one and the build is no longer slow to start out.

I thought resists were gonna be a bitch but between the belt, boots and helm I was already maxed out before getting an amulet and a chest (I cant afford kaom's yet, i wanted to be maxed without the chest so it wouldn't cause issues when i swap)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info