*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

I'm thinking of building this as a next toon, but need more currency for the lightning version (I might just go fire in the end, bc I'm getting really hyped to play with poison again.)

Seems like Sacr0 (OP) went with a new setup: utilizing crit and crit multi w Perfect Agony. The Assassin ascendancy offers great tools for this setup. The tree has less life though and he is using a Cloak of Defiance to get MoM. Quickly checked it in PoB and seems interesting, I'm really curious how it's compared to the Ele Overload version(s).
Hi there, i'm very interested in this build, as i really wanna play an assassin again :D Now how much does it cost to "get it started"? I mean the light version, as i have another char i can farm with. thx !
"
Avvoltoyo wrote:
Hi there, i'm very interested in this build, as i really wanna play an assassin again :D Now how much does it cost to "get it started"? I mean the light version, as i have another char i can farm with. thx !

I'm in a similar situation as you, currently farming currency to be able to start this build comfortably. I made a quick rundown for myself initially that I'd like to share with anyone interested. List below:

Required items (minimum)
Spoiler
- Quill Rain (5L): ~35c // it's kinda rare on poe.trade
- Tabula Rasa: ~9c
- Volkuur's (lightning): ~50c
- Thief's Torment: ~5-10c // depends on seller and roll
- Double lightning jewels (low rolls): ~10-20c/jewel // Note: single rolls are fine I guess
if we're talking bare minimum, then the price is much lower
- Cheap flask setup (Atziri + low rolled Coralito): ~1c

Recommended items
Spoiler
- Quill Rain (6L): ~4-6ex // If chance/scour: Unknown, you can get it really early, but there's a chance to surpass this mark if you're unlucky. You can use your 5L Quill and try to burn chances/scours on a second one.)
- Maloney's Quiver +1: ~2ex (1 alch w/o)
- Kaom's Heart: ~3.4-4ex
or
- Cloak of Defiance: ~6-9ex (based on Sacr0's current build)
or
- Dendrobate: ~6-9ex

Note: You can get away with a 6L + 5L setup, but the second section is mainly about endgame

After these you can start to invest into flasks (Dying Sun: 4-5ex, Taste of Hate: 1-2ex) better jewels, Impresence, enchants etc.. I hope I didn't miss anything crucial.

All the above is based on going through the PoB setups and browsing poe.trade accordingly. As I actually haven't played the build yet, I'm not sure how it's handling high tier maps with the Required setup. As Bmxant stated, the build starts out slowly and may lack defenses in the beginning w/o the listed items and enough passive points. MoM can be really useful before getting Kaom's IMHO.

Additionally I'm curious how OP's current iteration turns out. (fire based, crit chance/multi, Cloak of Defiance, +% Poison chance on the tree with Immolate as a 6th link)

Hope this helped.
"
tomaay wrote:
"
Avvoltoyo wrote:

I'm in a similar situation as you, currently farming currency to be able to start this build comfortably. I made a quick rundown for myself initially that I'd like to share with anyone interested. List below:

Required items (minimum)
Spoiler
- Quill Rain (5L): ~35c // it's kinda rare on poe.trade
- Tabula Rasa: ~9c
- Volkuur's (lightning): ~50c
- Thief's Torment: ~5-10c // depends on seller and roll
- Double lightning jewels (low rolls): ~10-20c/jewel // Note: single rolls are fine I guess
if we're talking bare minimum, then the price is much lower
- Cheap flask setup (Atziri + low rolled Coralito): ~1c

Recommended items
Spoiler
- Quill Rain (6L): ~4-6ex // If chance/scour: Unknown, you can get it really early, but there's a chance to surpass this mark if you're unlucky. You can use your 5L Quill and try to burn chances/scours on a second one.)
- Maloney's Quiver +1: ~2ex (1 alch w/o)
- Kaom's Heart: ~3.4-4ex
or
- Cloak of Defiance: ~6-9ex (based on Sacr0's current build)
or
- Dendrobate: ~6-9ex

Note: You can get away with a 6L + 5L setup, but the second section is mainly about endgame

After these you can start to invest into flasks (Dying Sun: 4-5ex, Taste of Hate: 1-2ex) better jewels, Impresence, enchants etc.. I hope I didn't miss anything crucial.

All the above is based on going through the PoB setups and browsing poe.trade accordingly. As I actually haven't played the build yet, I'm not sure how it's handling high tier maps with the Required setup. As Bmxant stated, the build starts out slowly and may lack defenses in the beginning w/o the listed items and enough passive points. MoM can be really useful before getting Kaom's IMHO.

Additionally I'm curious how OP's current iteration turns out. (fire based, crit chance/multi, Cloak of Defiance, +% Poison chance on the tree with Immolate as a 6th link)

Hope this helped.

Thank you, it helped very much! I see there's no need to start with the perfect gear, i suppose you can map with a couple of exes to start
Guys can drop me a rope? i just hit 20k poison i followin the assasin build posted some pages backs some advice? (i will change to kaom+dual 6l quill rain)

https://pastebin.com/Ptt3druq

Gear
Looking for some opinions:

Using the fire variant, I tweaked Xanth's Fire tree to path through Scion instead of Witch.

https://pastebin.com/4QvM4xPR

A Level 90 tree and getting 8.2M DPS and 6.6k life (with Kaom's)

can also sacrifice some life for another jewel socket for 9.1M DPS instead, but I think life is better.

With just Coralito's and Atziri Flask (More realistic imo) the dps numbers are 6.8m(Life nodes) and 7.5m(extra socket).

Again, that's the fire variant, but tree will work for either.

Notable changes:

Picked up Master Fletcher for the +20% Chance to poison
Picked up 3 additional +10% CtP nodes, combined with Toxic Strikes and Assassin Ascendancy, we get 100% chance to poison on hit without needing poison support, freeing up a link.

6th link added as Burning Damage Support for fire variant.

EDIT: Forgot to recheck unique Diamond flask for dps. Numbers updated with that in mind.
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Mar 12, 2018, 12:42:17 PM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
I'm at a point where i want to grab my pair of volkuur's but im having a tough time deciding between lighting and fire. I know lighting is more damage but higher costs, and fire lower damage but lower costs.

is fire far enough behind lighting that even really matters though? are you still do everything lighting can do if you go fire? the cost difference is madness, i can grab fire gloves for 10-25c depending on rolls and lighting ones start at 50c and only go up from there. But i also dont want to feel like a gimped version of a good build

There's a bigger cost difference in the jewels than in the Volkuur's. At least that was my experience in the Abyss league when I collected the jewels that I would need.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Got a 6l quill and could buy a 5l armor, gloves and some jewels, now while i wait to start this build i dunno what chest to use, and did anybody consider a cherrubim's?
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Looking for some opinions:

Using the fire variant, I tweaked Xanth's Fire tree to path through Scion instead of Witch.

https://pastebin.com/4QvM4xPR

A Level 90 tree and getting 8.2M DPS and 6.6k life (with Kaom's)

can also sacrifice some life for another jewel socket for 9.1M DPS instead, but I think life is better.

With just Coralito's and Atziri Flask (More realistic imo) the dps numbers are 6.8m(Life nodes) and 7.5m(extra socket).

Again, that's the fire variant, but tree will work for either.

Notable changes:

Picked up Master Fletcher for the +20% Chance to poison
Picked up 3 additional +10% CtP nodes, combined with Toxic Strikes and Assassin Ascendancy, we get 100% chance to poison on hit without needing poison support, freeing up a link.

6th link added as Burning Damage Support for fire variant.

EDIT: Forgot to recheck unique Diamond flask for dps. Numbers updated with that in mind.

Your pob is showing less than 600k on barrage including poison, what im not getting?
Last edited by Deziowy on Mar 12, 2018, 1:55:56 PM
hey guys,
i found the time and finally started playing the build! you've posted some very interesting and very strong variants so far, crit based as well as EO-based. i think its safe to say that assassin is the best choice either way. the poison duration note is so strong.
i will update the main post in the coming days with my recent take on the build ( utilizing cloak of defiance and going crit based- so not using coralito's+EO anymore). i have already killed t15 elder, shaper and all guardians with it so it seems pretty strong. i feel the survivability has been improved too compared to 3.1 mainly due to the absolutely insane bow knockback on crit passive note + blind on hit jewel. with 4k life+1,6kmana (5,6k ehp) and "instant leech" from thiefs torment applying to both hp and mana i can map t15/t16 really safe.turns out knocking back enemies with machine-gun fire to die offscreen is fun.
i'm glad you guys are enjoying the build as much as i do and i look forward to see some updates on your iterations (seen some 8mil+dps builds already- thats sick!)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info