3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
Civok wrote:
Hello,
Im currently lvl 72 and having trouble with the build. I die quite a lot even tho I don't facetank and always try to play it on distance, I even managed to die on a T1 map.... (resistence is 75+% except chaos). Im also struggling with the merciless lab (if I don't die on poison/traps cause of no life flask I usually get somehow instakilled during the last fight, again I always try to move as much as possible).
At lvl 70+ I usually run maps up to T6-7 without a problem, not even talking about failing the 3rd lab multiple times. So can you please have a look at my build and maybe you will find something wrong.

Thank you
@Little_GoldDigger

MF builds scale extremely heavily with levels, and lv 72 is pretty low. If you are really having issues surviving I would use life gear until you get constitution since that one node alone should give you around 500 life in full MF gear. Since magic find characters cant get very much life on gear the only real option is to go for it on tree and use the life from levels as a base. Getting level 20 gems is important as well because the more damage you have you will oneshot enemies more meaning they cant even hit you, getting lv 20 gems in terms of auras and lightning arrow over doubles your dmg (if im online you can pm me since ill give you a free lv 20 wrath, I have way too many). Getting life on jewels as you level is also quite important since 50 life on an abyss jewel is a very large amount of life for us which is especially good if you can also get some damage on them. I would also remove the 3 nodes for heartseeker and replace them with 3 nodes to get to assassination, it is more dmg. It will take you around 8 levels to get constitution which gets you to 3.6k life, then another 6 levels to get the nodes surrounding it, taking you up to 4.2k hp in full MF gear (not including whatever you decide to put in the jewel socket you get on the way).
egg
accidentally somehow posted my entire buildguide as a comment, thats gone now lol.
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Jul 23, 2018, 9:51:13 AM
Two questions:

1) Is it worth paying more for a reduced charges Dying sun? Or is 0% just fine.

2) Any tips on running labs? I'm having issues finishing the third one at level 79.
"
Yalpe wrote:
Two questions:

1) Is it worth paying more for a reduced charges Dying sun? Or is 0% just fine.

2) Any tips on running labs? I'm having issues finishing the third one at level 79.

1)I would personally pay more for a reduced charges dying sun but thats because I enjoy getting the best of the best things for my character, its not that big of a difference so if you dont have lots of currency then I wouldnt bother.

2)I would use life flasks for labs to make sure you dont die to traps and if izaro is the one who kills you then just get a labyrynth carry. I can do it for you if you're in standardl
egg
Bump :V
egg
Just wondering, why CWDT on the Ice Golem? I'm still very new to the build.

Update: Made it to maps. Not really sure how this is supposed to work. Any hints on how NOT to eat rip salad on lowly Tier 3 magic maps? I'm staying mobile. Resists are capped. Kind of hitting a brick wall here.
Last edited by charliemim on Aug 5, 2018, 7:17:36 PM
"
charliemim wrote:
Just wondering, why CWDT on the Ice Golem? I'm still very new to the build.

Update: Made it to maps. Not really sure how this is supposed to work. Any hints on how NOT to eat rip salad on lowly Tier 3 magic maps? I'm staying mobile. Resists are capped. Kind of hitting a brick wall here.

Cwdt on ice golem because it slows you down immensely to manually stop and cast it whenever it dies. Make your character tab public on your profile so i can see what's wrong.
egg
How do you survive without chaos resistance? I see this and other builds doing the same thing. I'm stuck at level 90, currently with about 4.4k health and all resistances at 60-70% except for chaos (-60% without flask).

The moment anything dealing chaos damage hits me, I die immediately. Last night I spent a good hour or two grinding XP in tier 11/12 maps, and then I lost all of my night's progress towards 91 due to a single chaos damage pack. I couldn't even cast a single ability before I was immediately killed again when re-entering the map.

Apart from getting an aura supporter and equipping watcher's eye, what would you change to add more chaos resistance? I can try and pick up some from the abyss jewels, but they don't exactly roll high. I'm thinking the belt would be the best replacement, but then I'm lacking int unless I pick up the +20 from acuity (at the cost of HP nodes).

Also, I'm struggling with boss fights. It seems like the most effective tactic is running up next to the boss, holding down barrage and praying that the boss dies before you do; but that's not a tactic I can possibly hope to use if I ever want to get above level 90. (So I personally just end up skipping bosses altogether). I can one-shot everything on the screen in T16 maps with ease, but the bosses are basically impossible to kill before they cast something that unavoidably one-shots me.
Last edited by nandchan on Aug 12, 2018, 6:27:19 AM
"
nandchan wrote:
How do you survive without chaos resistance? I see this and other builds doing the same thing. I'm stuck at level 90, currently with about 4.4k health and all resistances at 60-70% except for chaos (-60% without flask).

The moment anything dealing chaos damage hits me, I die immediately. Last night I spent a good hour or two grinding XP in tier 11/12 maps, and then I lost all of my night's progress towards 91 due to a single chaos damage pack. I couldn't even cast a single ability before I was immediately killed again when re-entering the map.

Apart from getting an aura supporter and equipping watcher's eye, what would you change to add more chaos resistance? I can try and pick up some from the abyss jewels, but they don't exactly roll high. I'm thinking the belt would be the best replacement, but then I'm lacking int unless I pick up the +20 from acuity (at the cost of HP nodes).

Also, I'm struggling with boss fights. It seems like the most effective tactic is running up next to the boss, holding down barrage and praying that the boss dies before you do; but that's not a tactic I can possibly hope to use if I ever want to get above level 90. (So I personally just end up skipping bosses altogether). I can one-shot everything on the screen in T16 maps with ease, but the bosses are basically impossible to kill before they cast something that unavoidably one-shots me.

Its most likely not chaos dmg that's actually killing you, seeing as your elemental resists are not capped (which they 100% NEED to be since 60% res you're taking 40% more dmg of that element since you'd normally only be taking 25% dmg with capped res versus 35% with 60 res) you will take huge chunks from things that shouldnt be killing you. I personally haven't died to a source of chaos dmg in many months seeing as with atziri's promise constantly up you have better and chaos dmg is the smallest dmg source on average in the game compared to the other dmg types. In terms of having intelligence issues you can use essences to give intelligence on a belt and just hope for chaos res (if that actually is what's killing you) and life alongside it, the essences are pretty cheap so it should be no problem. In terms of boss fights getting close and barraging without moving is definitely the best in terms of dmg and when it comes to t16 maps you shouldnt try to kill the bosses on ANY build if you're looking to level that char since they have many times more health and dmg than bosses of even 1 tier lower, with minotaur being the only t16 boss im able to facetank without moving. Killing bosses almost never ends with me dying even while standing basically on top of the boss seing as bosses other than core malachai, lair's rigwald and t16 bosses do very little dmg and will mostly die immediately. If you really end up dying too often to lower tier bosses then I would recommend skipping them if your goal is to level.
egg
I know the guide says theres no alternative to windripper but does that mean the build wont function at all with another bow...... got all the other items for the buid right now, just dont know if i should respec my skill tree before i have windripper

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info