[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
slayer711 wrote:

I dunno, I can't do shit.
I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I know that my gear is pretty bad, but I can't even farm t1 steadily to get currency for better gear. it takes me 20 seconds to kill a t1 map boss, not even talking about t1 rifts that are shredding me.

I am dying a lot.
my necklace and rings are bad, but that's the best I could find alone, and a decent ring cost 5c, which even this I can not get...now I'm so desperate I'm turning in to the chaos recipe method.

do you mind checking and telling me what is the most important thing to change? my top priority is to get

You can't kill T1 bosses? Don't know if that's even possible. Your gear looks fine, you should learn how to buy items better. You should buy always T1 life and some resistances when starting, these cost 1-2C max. Even I am wearing a 1c ring atm although I have 15 ex. Later you may sacrifice some life on gear once you get higher level. What I noticed with the MF claw version is that the damage spikes from level 80 or so really high once you get the upper claw nodes. You can sacrifice the left side multipliers for that.
Also all your flasks are really bad, literally all of them are worthless.
You do not need mana flasks, your life flask has 0 use cause you insta leech. You do not need Quicksilver flasks cause you have whirling blades.
Read the guide a bit more proper to what you should equip.

kk thanks a lot for the inof.
"
slayer711 wrote:

I know that my gear is pretty bad, but I can't even farm t1 steadily to get currency for better gear. it takes me 20 seconds to kill a t1 map boss, not even talking about t1 rifts that are shredding me.

I am dying a lot.
my necklace and rings are bad, but that's the best I could find alone, and a decent ring cost 5c, which even this I can not get...now I'm so desperate I'm turning in to the chaos recipe method.

do you mind checking and telling me what is the most important thing to change? my top priority is to get

Just abit more info on top of KMQ's response. Stuff you can do right now.

You're using 2xIce golems in your gear. Remove the one in your claw.
You have Hatred in your boots, put that in your claw instead, and put Blood magic in your boots.
Without blood magic, WB can drain your mana pool fast, and im assuming thats what you have your quicksilver/mana flasks for, Since your Thief's Torment alone covers your Reave's mana cost.
That should cover mana, so you can use Arctic armor for more dmg reduction.

Your chests stats are crap tbh, only 30'ish life, lightning res that you dont need atm, ok armor.
Either scour/alc spam it to get some high life, or scour alteration spam, just get 80+ life.

Remove your Hybrid, Mana and Quicksilver flasks. Get a Diamond Flask (prio) and maybe a silver and basalt. Roll bleed removal on your Health flask, og freeze removal on one of the others.
Last edited by Conzolax on May 9, 2018, 10:05:27 AM
"
Conzolax wrote:
"
slayer711 wrote:

I am dying a lot.

Just abit more info on top of KMQ's response. Stuff you can do right now.

You're using 2xIce golems in your gear. Remove the one in your claw.
You have Hatred in your boots, put that in your claw instead, and put Blood magic in your boots.
Without blood magic, WB can drain your mana pool fast, and im assuming thats what you have your quicksilver/mana flasks for, Since your Thief's Torment alone covers your Reave's mana cost.
That should cover mana, so you can use Arctic armor for more dmg reduction.

Your chests stats are crap tbh, only 30'ish life, lightning res that you dont need atm, ok armor.
Either scour/alc spam it to get some high life, or scour alteration spam, just get 80+ life.

Remove your Hybrid, Mana and Quicksilver flasks. Get a Diamond Flask (prio) and maybe a silver and basalt. Roll bleed removal on your Health flask, og freeze removal on one of the others.

Thanks to you too friend.
I will try to do what you said right now.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

"
broseidon07 wrote:
A few questions...

1) How do you sustain mana?

2) Why do you keep the sword with a million dps in your offhand and the axe with 75dmg in your main hand? you say to keep the sword in offhand but I don't understand why.

3) What items should we stack accuracy?

You need to read the guide fully. These are all answered.

Also my character is public and I'm playing the MF version til level 90 or so. Feel free to watch what I build and wear.

My dude, I'm sorry I can clearly see your highest dps weapon is in your offhand while your stat stick is in your main hand. your guide says to do this because the offhand will generate endurance charges and has more dps. but why does it need to be in the offhand??? I'm just curious really. Like it seems counterintuitive to put the highest dps in your offhand, which is why I was asking.

I figured out the mana and accuracy, but your guide goes on to say to use your non-sword stat stick in your offhand.

Quotes from other sections if your guide:

"If you can, enchant your offhand with +5% block chance when dual wielding. I personally don't want to play any melee anymore that doesn't have spell block."

"- Your biggest damage spike is the offhand elemental damage conversion weapon. It can literally double your DPS."

"- Your offhand stat stick should be a wand / mace or an axe - a weapon that does not work with Reave so it would provide only stats!"

I hope you can see why with the above quotes im a bit confused when i see you using the stat stick in the main hand.
Last edited by broseidon07 on May 9, 2018, 8:35:32 PM
"
broseidon07 wrote:

My dude, I'm sorry I can clearly see your highest dps weapon is in your offhand while your stat stick is in your main hand. your guide says to do this because the offhand will generate endurance charges and has more dps. but why does it need to be in the offhand??? I'm just curious really. Like it seems counterintuitive to put the highest dps in your offhand, which is why I was asking.

I still don't understand your question. It needs to be in offhand because otherwise you do not get endurance charges and have less damage because of our passive tree which gives us more AS with secondary weapon.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Playing this build for the second time after trying it in Bestiary, feels so smooth compared to my starter of ED contagion. Think I'm going to league start every league with this. Great job on the build design.
Ok, Now I understand why this build made me so angry.

The build itself is very fun, huge aoe, fast attack and high mobility...BUT IT IS A HELL ON EARTH for players like me who lags a lot.
This build is almost unplayable for players who dsync every 10 seconds, and everyone knows how dsync loves WB. Nothing beats the good old stuck in a rock after running half of the map dying to a single mob who you can not see.

I wish I had better connection to this game, even tho I have a steady under 70ms, the dsync is just too god damn strong in this one.
It is simply to fast for me to play it.

and this is also the reason why I enjoyed most in juggernaut builds, because most juggs don't give a damn about dsync.

too bad.

Thanks a lot for the awesome guide, but this one is just not for the players who suffer a lot from the dsyncs.
"
Playing this build for the second time after trying it in Bestiary, feels so smooth compared to my starter of ED contagion. Think I'm going to league start every league with this. Great job on the build design.

I'm going to update it a little bit more and make it less messy. I do believe that now after my last update that I'll do, there really isn't anything that could be improved. It's already possible to kill Shaper on second day at level 85 with 1 EX gear, which I did this league.

"
slayer711 wrote:
Ok, Now I understand why this build made me so angry.

The build itself is very fun, huge aoe, fast attack and high mobility...BUT IT IS A HELL ON EARTH for players like me who lags a lot.
This build is almost unplayable for players who dsync every 10 seconds, and everyone knows how dsync loves WB. Nothing beats the good old stuck in a rock after running half of the map dying to a single mob who you can not see.

I wish I had better connection to this game, even tho I have a steady under 70ms, the dsync is just too god damn strong in this one.
It is simply to fast for me to play it.

and this is also the reason why I enjoyed most in juggernaut builds, because most juggs don't give a damn about dsync.

too bad.

Thanks a lot for the awesome guide, but this one is just not for the players who suffer a lot from the dsyncs.

I do agree that desync might be a problem, I usually just walk when I do Poorjoys in 100+MS realms but that's really the only part that desyncs often. You can try switching out Whirling Blades to something else and give it another shot (:
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Going to try the mf variant to start off flashback. Do you have any fix for the low accuracy? (81% in pob)

Honestly I got nothing for it but it didn't seem like a problem when I was testing it in Bestiary.

"
How do you force yourself to switch from Sunder to Reave?:)))
I have 1.1k dps with Sunder and 450 only with Reave...
ReaveFlasher characters name in current flash league.

I held onto Sunder til level 70. That's when you should make the switch. I found the Princess Sabre while leveling which made it a lot easier.
Thse were my weapons up to tier 5 mapping.

I'm wondering how to make leveling easier? I feel like following the tree while leveling with sunder makes all the sword nodes useless untill you switch. I feel like some packs demolish you, boss damage is kinda low and some packs can take a few more hits than I would like.

This is with "funding" from my other character i'm worried because I want to level this during the new Incursion league

Do I do dual wield sunder or do I do use a shield? and are there any gems that could be helpful while leveling?

You said you use sunder untill 70 but you found princess sabre, isn't sunder not usable with swords?

Does it get easier after cruel / merc lab?
Last edited by Spliffor on May 11, 2018, 8:11:18 AM
"
Spliffor wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Going to try the mf variant to start off flashback. Do you have any fix for the low accuracy? (81% in pob)

Honestly I got nothing for it but it didn't seem like a problem when I was testing it in Bestiary.

"
How do you force yourself to switch from Sunder to Reave?:)))
I have 1.1k dps with Sunder and 450 only with Reave...
ReaveFlasher characters name in current flash league.

I held onto Sunder til level 70. That's when you should make the switch. I found the Princess Sabre while leveling which made it a lot easier.
Thse were my weapons up to tier 5 mapping.

I'm wondering how to make leveling easier? I feel like following the tree while leveling with sunder makes all the sword nodes useless untill you switch. I feel like some packs demolish you, boss damage is kinda low and some packs can take a few more hits than I would like.

This is with "funding" from my other character i'm worried because I want to level this during the new Incursion league

Do I do dual wield sunder or do I do use a shield? and are there any gems that could be helpful while leveling?

You said you use sunder untill 70 but you found princess sabre, isn't sunder not usable with swords?

Does it get easier after cruel / merc lab?

Yeah, I have a lot of random info everywhere in the thread and I've updated the build a lot the last 6 months, I'll try to make it cleaner. Just try to take nodes that aren't sword only, you have quite a wide variety.

You can dual wield sunder with anything or even go 2h because you attack with your main hand. You can even dual wield swords and you still won't be attacking with off hand.

It gets very easy at level 80+ or so. Also you should do labs as early as possible because they're not a problem for you, just get double life flasks and at least 4k+ HP.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on May 11, 2018, 8:28:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info