[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
NemesoK wrote:
Hello,

Very interesting build. I am trying it at the moment.
Are you dual wielding if you didn't use your off-hand ?
You didn't take Vitality Void : how do you feel against bosses with leech ?

Thank you, best regards.

I recall levelling at one point as dual wield. You get extra charges and damage from off hand as well as Gladiator. The starting point of equipping shaped offhands is level 54 which is around act 8.
Vitality Void requires way too much investment for barely noticeable effect. Our 50% block and high DPS allows us to facetank Minotaur and Chimera before our flasks run out. Hydra and Phoenix are jukefests as always.

"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
I would love to see leveling guide. Which level is I should use Reave, and which gems should I link to? Any unique alternative to your armor?

Thank you

I may put up some progression tree, I suggest starting levelling already tho (:
I personally hate Sunder and Cleave isn't cool either, so as soon as I could, I picked up Reave.
I knew that levelling is easier with Sunder but I preferred getting the Reave mechanics in my hands early on and quit from boredom while playing Sunder for the 1000th time.

You can see my gems in "my gear" links.

Unique alternative could be Belly of the Beast BUT because it's base price is 80C, then with that money you could most likely buy OR craft a HP + 6% Recover life on kill chest, making the belly purchase pointless.

"
Bates75 wrote:
"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
I would love to see leveling guide. Which level is I should use Reave, and which gems should I link to? Any unique alternative to your armor?

Thank you

Not the creator of the guide, but I can help a bit here.

You probably don't want to use reave until you have quite a bit of attack speed and multistrike. I'd suggest holding off for a while. Around level 40 give it a spin and see how you like it. Also, I can't stress this enough: GET VAAL REAVE. It makes an enormous difference.

As for chest armor, all the usual suspects will work here. I'd suggest a belly if you can't get a really good shaped/elder 6link since it's a bit low on hp.

Nice to see helping hands around (:
It's really not hard to get an Elder chest with ilvl82 and you can 6 link the chest yourself making it more fun / rewarding. I did it with mine and it was my first self 6 linked piece ever, although I've owned ~30+ of them.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Thank you - as a new player I really need progression tree - I don't know where should I go first on a tree :)

I have another question - why Gladiator? Wouldn't Slayer be better choice? It's similar DPS on PoB but you're leech king while taking Slayer.
Last edited by ShayeFaletha on Jan 4, 2018, 7:45:30 AM
"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
Thank you - as a new player I really need progression tree - I don't know where should I go first on a tree :)

I have another question - why Gladiator? Wouldn't Slayer be better choice?

Slayer is only good for one thing - Leech. Gladiator is a lot more well rounded in everything.
Uploaded a quick video as well. Will probably post a Shaper video with my current gear as well later.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 4, 2018, 7:46:05 AM
Nice! Waiting for progressing tree. Could you write which Ascendency I should get first?
Last edited by ShayeFaletha on Jan 4, 2018, 7:49:30 AM
Hey KMQ, thanks for the guide. I was wondering, it seems you're using both reave and vaal reave. But only reave is connected in your 6L. Do you use vaal reave by itself, without being linked?

Thanks again for the guide!
"
mdiesel_ wrote:
Hey KMQ, thanks for the guide. I was wondering, it seems you're using both reave and vaal reave. But only reave is connected in your 6L. Do you use vaal reave by itself, without being linked?

Thanks again for the guide!

Vaal Reave is used only to push us to 8 stacks, the damage is completely irrelevant. So it should linger around somewhere where you don't need links.
Hey man, really good build so far. Damage is amazing. However im having a major issue with leech... Even with bloodrage and atziri flask running I feel like im getting nothing back in return, especially between packs I have to turn off bloodrage or my life just drops. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also im still working on getting that chest, but that doesnt solve my issue for bosses.
"
Also im still working on getting that chest, but that doesnt solve my issue for bosses.

You can go for Vitality Void.

Which ascend should I take first? Which nodes I should rush? :(
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
Hey man, really good build so far. Damage is amazing. However im having a major issue with leech... Even with bloodrage and atziri flask running I feel like im getting nothing back in return, especially between packs I have to turn off bloodrage or my life just drops. Am I doing something wrong here?

I assume that you don't have the 100% instant recovery life flask. It helps a lot and comes as a reflex eventually once you drop too low. Getting Blood Rage timing in your head with bosses also will come as a reflex within time.
If you lose blood rage between PACKS then you're simply playing too slow or playing bad white maps. Once you get more used with the build you will never use blood rage more than once during a map and will have to use Vaal Reave only 2-3x like in my T15 video.

"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
"

You can go for Vitality Void.

Which ascend should I take first? Which nodes I should rush? :(

Vitality Void helps but very little, I might even maybe in future give it a try with the new Elder amulets which can give +4%, not sure tho.

Ascendancy comes in this order
- Bleed explosions
- Frenzy
- Block

I will create a levelling section once I have more time today evening.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 4, 2018, 1:13:59 PM
"
I recall levelling at one point as dual wield. You get extra charges and damage from off hand as well as Gladiator. The starting point of equipping shaped offhands is level 54 which is around act 8.
Vitality Void requires way too much investment for barely noticeable effect. Our 50% block and high DPS allows us to facetank Minotaur and Chimera before our flasks run out. Hydra and Phoenix are jukefests as always.

Thanks for your answer. I post here a quick feedback on this build.
Currently level 85, 6 ascendancy points. 60k dps in hideout with auras (my stuff is weak, see below).

What I like is the great clearspeed of this build. Reave is insanely good and work very well with whirling blades.

In my opinion, one of the greatest advantage of your build is the fact that you DO NOT need to swap gem ! I really enjoy it !
Your build use very well the new elder and shaper items, that is so cool !
For single target, I need more dps but I have no doubt that I will just delete all the content soon. It is a build that I will definitively play, thanks again for sharing it.

Can I ask you what item I need to change firstly to get more dps ? Main hand, off-hand, anything else ?
Best regards.

My stuff:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info