[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
NemesoK wrote:

Can I ask you what item I need to change firstly to get more dps ? Main hand, off-hand, anything else ?
Best regards.

My stuff:

I'd start off with Stygian Vise. T1 rolls go for 10C.
I'd have boots that have high fire res so I could use Goldwyrms comfortably. 20% more drops while mapping and levelling is no joke.
Gloves should be Spiked which give 20% increased melee damage, in price they're the same as normal ones.
You should also annul your gear that have 6 mods, since on most of them you have rolls that could be improved or changed to something better.

Weapons and off hands are very straight forward, more damage = more damage.

Also the more you have flexibility with defenses, the more you can buy only damage / high damage items. I often use one ring as a high resistance one as they come cheap, while the other one is for luxury DPS and constant swaps. This also allows me to wear high DPS amulets such as this one I have on my current Ranger that I am levelling

> Added a levelling section
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 4, 2018, 2:58:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, I haven't tried the 100% recovery flask so let me try that out. I put my blood rage on my weapon so I could do a quick weapon swap to turn it off for now until i get use to the build. Single target is still an issue because im running out of mana to do attacks and leech isnt enough even with a leech jewel so I need to figure that out now.
Hey, after messaging you i leveled my gladiator to try the build, 81 right now.

Fun and smooth overall for mapping, however same as above, i'm struggling with bosses sometimes. It's pretty much a "kill them before they kill me" race for tier 7+, and as soon as the map comes with some dps mods it can get messy as any hit landing is close to a one shot and the leech isn't that good with only Blood Rage.

Main offenders were the Infested valley boss with attack speed (no way to leech through the poison so i just ran around spaming totem in the end), the usual mud geyser devourer (one shot) and doedre in sepulcher (reave killed all totems and i couldn't tank her pulsing aoe with nowhere to hide, fail and lesson learned :D ). That's with 5,1k hp (belly), the block ascendancy and 47K hideout dps (that turns into 150K + in PoB).

I also found that difficult to keep up fortify while whirling through the boss and not get hit in the process, while the lion's roar knockback sends them all over the place. A lot of bosses also have phases long enough to drop the reave stacks and various charges.

Not sure what could help with the survivability issues, i just don't see how i'll do red maps with a few damage mods, unless it's all about instant killing the whole screen before they can do anything... which the build is definitely good for. I never had any issue with abysses or trash, but lone bosses with sustained damage i can't dodge are really annoying.

I know i'm still missing some stuff (taste of hate, amulet, some better gear all around as right now most of my jewel mods go to resistances) so there is room for improvement, gonna get a few more levels and the last ascendancy and see how it goes.
Last edited by Axylxys on Jan 5, 2018, 5:20:33 AM
"
Axylxys wrote:
Hey, after messaging you i leveled my gladiator to try the build, 81 right now.

Fun and smooth overall for mapping, however same as above, i'm struggling with bosses sometimes. It's pretty much a "kill them before they kill me" race for tier 7+, and as soon as the map comes with some dps mods it can get messy as any hit landing is close to a one shot and the leech isn't that good with only Blood Rage.

Main offenders were the Infested valley boss with attack speed (no way to leech through the poison so i just ran around spaming totem in the end), the usual mud geyser devourer (one shot) and doedre in sepulcher (reave killed all totems and i couldn't tank her pulsing aoe with nowhere to hide, fail and lesson learned :D ). That's with 5,1k hp (belly), the block ascendancy and 47K hideout dps (that turns into 150K + in PoB).

I also found that difficult to keep up fortify while whirling through the boss and not get hit in the process, while the lion's roar knockback sends them all over the place. A lot of bosses also have phases long enough to drop the reave stacks and various charges.

Not sure what could help with the survivability issues, i just don't see how i'll do red maps with a few damage mods, unless it's all about instant killing the whole screen before they can do anything... which the build is definitely good for. I never had any issue with abysses or trash, but lone bosses with sustained damage i can't dodge are really annoying.

I know i'm still missing some stuff (taste of hate, amulet, some better gear all around as right now most of my jewel mods go to resistances) so there is room for improvement, gonna get a few more levels and the last ascendancy and see how it goes.

Yeah, Doedre is also boss that I couldn't do properly either because of the pulsing but that was the only boss that wrecked me. If you're having issues with Infested Valley then that is all about mechanics now because for me the Infested Valley( I even shaped it for myself) is probably the easiest boss of them all, just don't sit in poison volley ground and that's it.

Your Fortify isn't a must to keep up during boss fights if it stops you from engaging bosses properly and you should use Lion's Roar on bosses that can't be pushed away or push them to the corner OR as a finisher with your totem up.
Blood Rage gives us already maximum leech possible once we're lv80+ so there is no improvement there.
Using Vaal Reave at bosses is only at stages where you feel like you need it - if there are phase shifts, you use it at last phase.

If you want, you can link me your gear or I can watch you run a map (:

I will also try to upload a Shaper run today.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 5, 2018, 6:19:46 AM
Do you ever swap to Blade Flurry on bosses?
"
Holzleist wrote:
Do you ever swap to Blade Flurry on bosses?

I've tried and got bad results, eventhough I played BF in Harbinger. Just didn't feel good / smooth to play.
Added a Shaper and MF Vault run, will add a section for gems and jewels later.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 5, 2018, 12:25:29 PM
What about Bisco's? Can you explain a bit more detailed why Goldwryn is bettan than biscos for farming? I mean, I do know amulets are a HUGE source of DPS, as you mentioned, but you are not looking for insane amounts of DPS when farming. Just the right amount to feel comfortable...
"
Holzleist wrote:
What about Bisco's? Can you explain a bit more detailed why Goldwryn is bettan than biscos for farming? I mean, I do know amulets are a HUGE source of DPS, as you mentioned, but you are not looking for insane amounts of DPS when farming. Just the right amount to feel comfortable...

Biscos is bad because it provides you absolutely no stats whatsoever and gives you only 15% effective quantity increase. You are using your third most important damage slot for only 15% quantity which is a terribly bad idea. I've ran Biscos before( in Harbinger when 100% was 100C) and even then I made the switch QUITE quick.

Biscos is a worthy trade ONLY if you.
1. Heavily farm ONLY divination cards and currency
2. Use sextants, meaning you also have to sextant block( sextants give mostly white mobs)
3. Have strong enough build( ours is)
4. Not farming bosses
5. Your clear speed is not affected
6. Not planning to run maps around your sextant blocks

We can always run Goldwyrms because
1. We don't need movement speed
2. It's for us and most other classes the least important slot out of ALL slots.
3. Goldwyrms gives us defensive stats and fun mana regen
4. It's higher quantity than Biscos in a regular map that everyone runs because we also get more drops from Magic / Rare / Unique monsters.

1 unique monster = 32 white monsters quantity and rarity
1 rare monster = 16 white monsters quantity and rarity
1 magic monster = 8 magic monsters quantity and rarity

Even without the giant price tag, it has never been a "must use" or in my books even a "good" item in a non MF build. People simply like big numbers and don't analyze things properly.
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 6, 2018, 6:23:34 AM
Hi, just starting this build, may I know what stat on jewel should I look for? Besides life and global critical multi.
Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info