[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

So, I'm a bit confused. I see these builds scaling to ridiculous DPS, but I'm just not seeing quite how they get there. My Gladiator is currently lvl 81, and his defenses are finally working (added starkonja, darkray vectors, and dual scaeva's), but his DPS is pretty low. I know I need to finish levelling and adding qual to my gems and get a 6L (add conc effect), but it seems like I'm missing something for my DPS.

One thing that's particularly confusing is seeing people talk about offhand DPS not mattering for reave- but the reave description clearly says it alternates hands for hits. Is the description completely wrong, or did this change recently or??

Path of Building is showing me sitting @ 60k DPS currently. Ingame actually shows lower. I'm also seeing a fairly low chance to hit (85%) in-game, so I'm presuming I should be picking up some more acc (I've got 2 nodes to pick up 30% more acc immediately available).

Here's my current state- are there some things besides the obvious (pantheon unlocks, uber lab, gem levels and quality, and 6L) that I'm missing?

Also, I'm pretty darn poor at the moment- I haven't gotten a single exalt drop yet. I think overall currency, I can scrape together about 80c, which is what's holding up purchase of a 6L- I'm trying to hold out for an AR/EV piece with decent stats before I make the plunge.

https://pastebin.com/T48KqJvt
Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 8, 2018, 12:08:26 PM
"
Ikariusrb wrote:
So, I'm a bit confused. I see these builds scaling to ridiculous DPS, but I'm just not seeing quite how they get there. My Gladiator is currently lvl 81, and his defenses are finally working (added starkonja, darkray vectors, and dual scaeva's), but his DPS is pretty low. I know I need to finish levelling and adding qual to my gems and get a 6L (add conc effect), but it seems like I'm missing something for my DPS.

One thing that's particularly confusing is seeing people talk about offhand DPS not mattering for reave- but the reave description clearly says it alternates hands for hits. Is the description completely wrong, or did this change recently or??

Path of Building is showing me sitting @ 60k DPS currently. Ingame actually shows lower. I'm also seeing a fairly low chance to hit (85%) in-game, so I'm presuming I should be picking up some more acc (I've got 2 nodes to pick up 30% more acc immediately available).

Here's my current state- are there some things besides the obvious (pantheon unlocks, uber lab, gem levels and quality, and 6L) that I'm missing?

Also, I'm pretty darn poor at the moment- I haven't gotten a single exalt drop yet. I think overall currency, I can scrape together about 80c, which is what's holding up purchase of a 6L- I'm trying to hold out for an AR/EV piece with decent stats before I make the plunge.

https://pastebin.com/T48KqJvt

If you are using an OH Scaeva, then it will lower your dps. reave wants to use the OH, but if you have something that isn't a claw, 1h sword, or dagger, then it won't. The in game tooltip will LOOK really low, cuz reave thinks you're "not using an OH"
"
If you are using an OH Scaeva, then it will lower your dps. reave wants to use the OH, but if you have something that isn't a claw, 1h sword, or dagger, then it won't. The in game tooltip will LOOK really low, cuz reave thinks you're "not using an OH"

THANK you! I was wondering why everyone was talking about reave using MH only, now I get that it's dependent on what type of weapon you equip in your offhand. At the moment, the OH scaeva isn't really reducing my DPS, as I've got 2 equipped, both around 290 pDPS. From poe.trade, I'm looking at ~ 1 or 2 exalt to push into 350 pDPS range, and I don't have the orbs for a 6L yet, much less a 350+ pDPS weapon. In the meantime, I'm getting 70% global crit, 8% block, and leech/crit from the sockets from the scaevas. I presume I'm going to need a fairly exceptional MH to make switching out worthwhile. Now I can run some actual math on it. I'll also have to take another look at a sword/DW block node I was eyeing as well, to see if that would still work if my OH isn't a sword.

So is it really (mostly) just pushing up the pDPS of my MH weapon that will punch my damage up?
"
Solanaar wrote:
well the guide is a bomb. could you improve the gears we should be looking for end game?
Like what chest gears and what weapons are good for the end game.

could you suggest some good foils. i like the reave animation with foils.

I probably will in the future, a little bit busy right now with this cool game called "Real Life".

"
Ikariusrb wrote:
"

THANK you! I was wondering why everyone was talking about reave using MH only, now I get that it's dependent on what type of weapon you equip in your offhand. At the moment, the OH scaeva isn't really reducing my DPS, as I've got 2 equipped, both around 290 pDPS. From poe.trade, I'm looking at ~ 1 or 2 exalt to push into 350 pDPS range, and I don't have the orbs for a 6L yet, much less a 350+ pDPS weapon. In the meantime, I'm getting 70% global crit, 8% block, and leech/crit from the sockets from the scaevas. I presume I'm going to need a fairly exceptional MH to make switching out worthwhile. Now I can run some actual math on it. I'll also have to take another look at a sword/DW block node I was eyeing as well, to see if that would still work if my OH isn't a sword.

So is it really (mostly) just pushing up the pDPS of my MH weapon that will punch my damage up?

Although the block from Scaeva might be good as an offhand. You are giving too much away for it. As I showed in the budget gear examples. You can get literally 40% more damage from a 2 chaos extra damage as elemental mod from a non usable off hand weapon.

I suggest you spend 15 - 25C on a 6L chest first and then move to a 350 pdps foil. If anything, spend the 1 EX on a 75+% extra ele damage off hand than getting that foil.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 8, 2018, 2:51:44 PM
15-25c on a 6L chest? The decently statted chests I'm seeing range from 60c - 2ex. The chest I'm currently running 5L is 750 armor and evasion, 45 life (low) and 44 fire resist, and I'm fairly worried about dropping my defenses. Specifying 1k total armor + evasion, 40 FR and 6L shows me no armors at all below 60c including offline results.

"
Ikariusrb wrote:
15-25c on a 6L chest? The decently statted chests I'm seeing range from 60c - 2ex. The chest I'm currently running 5L is 750 armor and evasion, 45 life (low) and 44 fire resist, and I'm fairly worried about dropping my defenses. Specifying 1k total armor + evasion, 40 FR and 6L shows me no armors at all below 60c including offline results.

60C, never. Have to think a bit more creatively (:

The one in the 1 alch Scaeva video was 20C which is enough.
Here are some that popped up for me instantly

http://poe.trade/search/oomenadootonou

http://poe.trade/search/omikenadurihan

You can simply buy a single 6 link non corrupted chest and use an essence of greed there which gives you a guaranteed 120+ health, depending on how much you spend. Then if you don't get a res, you can craft one yourself.

> Added a jewel section
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jan 8, 2018, 4:31:50 PM
For the weaponds you looking for physical damage right? i ask for the leveling process
"
cocasda wrote:
For the weaponds you looking for physical damage right? i ask for the leveling process

Correct!
Would you ever drop Hatred? Since frozen monsters cant give you bleed explosions, would you replace it with Herald of Ash or is that retarded? Using HoA could give you room for another aura like HoT.
"
Apolloco wrote:
Would you ever drop Hatred? Since frozen monsters cant give you bleed explosions, would you replace it with Herald of Ash or is that retarded? Using HoA could give you room for another aura like HoT.

The idea itself is good but there are some BUTs

1. We will most likely get freeze from amulet / offhand conversion or limit ourselves too much.
2. Freeze isn't bad. It avoids thorns and other mods as such.
3. We wouldn't have an open slot for it.
4. HoT and HoA wouldn't provide as much damage as Hatred because of the scaling.

You may very well experiment with it and report back on how it worked out (:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info