[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

It must seem that I'm crazy but compared to my past melee chars this one feels really squishy, mostly because in guardian/shaper fights I feel naked without flask charges for both defense and offense, and no charges from Violent Retaliation, I get that thats what the minion phases are for but, for example in the chimera case the freakin snakes/wolfs/goats hit like damn trucks on mods that shouldn't be a problem for any build let alone this one, and i don't get any charges in those phases if I even survive them, then the chimera kills me cuz blood rage dosent provide enough leech and my atziri flask is empty.
Concerning the gear choices and vaal pact, I have tons of excess stats because I'm trying to find something that feels right so I don't feel like a glass cannon, I've got an 40% dmg abyssus and 40% reave stakonja I keep switching out, both of which don't do much for survivability so I tried the dmg taken as cold helm, tried bloodseeker with and without blood pact...It's just that things gib me way to easy way to often when there are little enemies on screen, and this is not the first time I'm doing endgame bossing, mapping/incursions are a blast tough whatever I wear. I watched your shaper vid and I didn't see you having any problems I did but your weapon there if its vortex bane costs over 30ex , I also stop bloodrage degen by weapon swapping with x, I just don't end the fight that fast for defense to be irrelevant.
"
nikacrep wrote:
It must seem that I'm crazy but compared to my past melee chars this one feels really squishy, mostly because in guardian/shaper fights I feel naked without flask charges for both defense and offense, and no charges from Violent Retaliation, I get that thats what the minion phases are for but, for example in the chimera case the freakin snakes/wolfs/goats hit like damn trucks on mods that shouldn't be a problem for any build let alone this one, and i don't get any charges in those phases if I even survive them, then the chimera kills me cuz blood rage dosent provide enough leech and my atziri flask is empty.
Concerning the gear choices and vaal pact, I have tons of excess stats because I'm trying to find something that feels right so I don't feel like a glass cannon, I've got an 40% dmg abyssus and 40% reave stakonja I keep switching out, both of which don't do much for survivability so I tried the dmg taken as cold helm, tried bloodseeker with and without blood pact...It's just that things gib me way to easy way to often when there are little enemies on screen, and this is not the first time I'm doing endgame bossing, mapping/incursions are a blast tough whatever I wear. I watched your shaper vid and I didn't see you having any problems I did but your weapon there if its vortex bane costs over 30ex , I also stop bloodrage degen by weapon swapping with x, I just don't end the fight that fast for defense to be irrelevant.

The snakes are real snakes because of their insane poison, especially the boss but that's for every build. That is why you should wait until the gates open first and kill it before you get poisoned which would drain 1 life flask use from you.

The Shaper video was an unoptimized version where I was a lot squishier / weaker and it was the early stages of the build. Already me having weapons in wrong hands drops my foil price from 30 EX to 15 EX. I will probably do a new video in 3.3 Flashback to demonstrate how strong the upgrades have been and how strong the build now is. You can see it from recent posts as well how other people are able to complete even Uber Elder with by far weaker gear than yours.

Regarding flasks, it might actually be that you spam your flasks too much but even then, this build is not as flask reliant as other builds. Flasks last quite long and you don't have to have them activated at all times either. Life flask has 3 charges which alone should sustain you a whole phase even at very low DPS but you should use it only when there's an emergency.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Jul 8, 2018, 7:41:33 PM
"
HockeyVG wrote:

Looking for tips on what to go for next? Killed normal Elder so far, starting to get into T10+ maps.

I'm sure you can already do a lot higher tier maps but Tombfists + Qualitying your gems would be a good start. Also you have Quicksilver flask which you should swap with Taste of Hate or Basalt / Silver.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Can i use
for the build ?

https://pastebin.com/1mE9j2cs where did I fuck up lol
I don't really understand what I did wrong but my dps is shit
Last edited by lizpatrik on Jul 9, 2018, 4:06:08 PM

Hi there,

I'm really enjoying your build so far and have done all Content with it (incl. Uber Elder and Atziri). No I'm looking to improve my gear further.
It's really fun!

Was trying to run Kaoms Roots but I kind of miss the four gems i got with good rare boots.
I usually swap my helmet for Abyssus on most bosses but im not quite sure about that.

Thx for your advice :)

Hello, i've been following this guide for a while and so far it is without doubt the best/funniest and noob friendliest build i've played. That being said i'm sort of new and this is only the third build i'm playing. Currently at lvl 89 started doing t15 maps.

I've now reached a point where I don't know what to upgrade next and what specific stats would help me increase my performance the most and was wondering if someone could help me with this?

I think I need to upgrade a few jewels and get a little more accuracy but other than that, please help.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/diputserauoy/characters?characterName=%3Cfeklel%3E
Maybe this has been answered someplace, but why not loreweave chest?
"
BiggySmurf wrote:

Loreweave would be fine, several people who have posted in this thread use it.
"
Old_Fart wrote:
"
BiggySmurf wrote:

Loreweave would be fine, several people who have posted in this thread use it.

Thanks for the response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info