[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

"
Stratic wrote:
Hey,
What about using Rigwald's command and savagery? With some changes in the skilltree it would be pretty good, right?

Absolutely not! I was chasing Rigwald's Savagery for the whole Harbinger league but now it's worse than a 1C rare offhand.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Hey, could you maybe post a little 'guide' of how to search for proper weapons. I literally have no idea what Im looking for.
@Kissmequick - just a quick post here to say "thank you". I've hit lvl 87, and well, the build is working fantastically. My current passive tree is here.

I did kind of ignore your advice about one thing; I spent all my money in one place, to pick up this ridiculously nice armor:

What an enormous difference it made; totally worth blowing my cash on. Currently sitting around 400k DPS with pots. DPS feels fine right now, so I'm not terribly worried. More/better Abyss jewels and the remaining DPS passives should get me what I need- I'm just a temporarily embarrassed exaltionaire after buying the armor. Beyond the armor, my gear has all been pretty damn cheap.

But I really wouldn't have known about a lot of the newer mods available without your guide- so, thank you!
Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 18, 2018, 1:49:39 PM
@Stratic - on searching for weapons, for the mainhand, you're looking for a 1h sword with high phys DPS (pdps) and crit mods. Not sure where you're at, but a well-rolled Scaeva can be had for *very* cheap - 290 pDPS w/ 70% crit chance for 1-5 chaos. Past that, you'll be looking for a 360+ pDPS sword. poe.trade has a sortable column and ranges for pDPS, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Crit multiplier and crit chance are important secondary stats after the pDPS (I don't think they are calculated in the pDPS figure).

Here's what I'm running:

For the offhand, look for a 1h axe with + % block chance and "gain #% physical damage as cold/fire/lightning" as secondary mod; your first "good" offhand will probably be a single damage add, look for 35%+ on that single element. Later, you'll be going for an offhand with two elements, at that point you'll be looking for 60% + combined from the two elements, but that will be pricey.

is my first decent offhand, it's only one element.

Some of the other mods (supported by multistrike and supported by melee splash) are mostly irrelevant. I think I may have gotten lucky by accident, the % area damage I think is an actual DPS boost.

Take a look back at Kissmequick's post- look in the section labelled "example budget gear". That should help guide you on what you're looking for. Note that you're looking specifically for an axe for the offhand- reave doesn't work with axes, so the offhand becomes a stat stick, modifying the attacks with the mainhand. Also, when you use a non-reave weapon for the offhand, PoE will show you a very low DPS rating for reave- it incorrectly presumes reave is attacking with both weapons. Path of Building can show you a correct DPS rating.
Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 18, 2018, 2:08:32 PM
"
Ikariusrb wrote:
@Stratic - on searching for weapons, for the mainhand, you're looking for a 1h sword with high phys DPS (pdps) and crit mods. Not sure where you're at, but a well-rolled Scaeva can be had for *very* cheap - 290 pDPS w/ 70% crit chance for 1-5 chaos. Past that, you'll be looking for a 360+ pDPS sword. poe.trade has a sortable column and ranges for pDPS, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Crit multiplier and crit chance are important secondary stats after the pDPS (I don't think they are calculated in the pDPS figure).

Here's what I'm running:

For the offhand, look for a 1h axe with + % block chance and "gain #% physical damage as cold/fire/lightning" as secondary mod; your first "good" offhand will probably be a single damage add, look for 35%+ on that single element. Later, you'll be going for an offhand with two elements, at that point you'll be looking for 60% + combined from the two elements, but that will be pricey.

is my first decent offhand, it's only one element.

Some of the other mods (supported by multistrike and supported by melee splash) are mostly irrelevant. I think I may have gotten lucky by accident, the % area damage I think is an actual DPS boost.

Take a look back at Kissmequick's post- look in the section labelled "example budget gear". That should help guide you on what you're looking for. Note that you're looking specifically for an axe for the offhand- reave doesn't work with axes, so the offhand becomes a stat stick, modifying the attacks with the mainhand.

Hey, thanks alot for this. Im also wondering if the phys to cold conversion on the amulet is a necessity. My budget at the moment is around 40ex. Just want to make sure im buying the right OP gear.
Last edited by Stratic on Jan 18, 2018, 2:10:22 PM
"
Hey, thanks alot for this. Im also wondering if the phys to cold conversion on the amulet is a necessity. My budget at the moment is around 40ex. Just want to make sure im buying the right OP gear.

LOL 40 ex budget? Man, I started from nothin on this, your gear should be pretty huge. Make sure you're picking up a chest w/ % life regained on kill- that's an instant leech on top of vaal pact. Yes, you do want the % phys damage gained as element on the neck- every instance of that stat is a very big DPS boost. Which elements you pick doesnt really matter though. I'd prolly suggest ~ 12 ex budget for mainhand, chest, and neck, spread the rest around. Mebby a couple ex for offhand- the stat sticks are relatively cheap comparatively. My chest (linked up a few posts) ran me 9ex, and is by far my most expensive piece of gear. Umm, tombfists w/ 2 abyssal sockets is a big one, and leave a few ex for purchasing jewels. Kissmequick's picking up a ton of DPS with all the abyssal jewels he's socketing.

The serious DPS in this build comes from % phys dmg gained as element mods, crit, and abyssal jewels. I think kissmequick's got 7 abyssal jewels (1 belt, 2 tombfist, 4 in passive tree) or so, each with life and 3 DPS stats. Good abyssal jewels tend to run 25c+.

Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 18, 2018, 2:38:16 PM

Just crafted this, lmao. Slammed it got 7% max HP. Slammed again and got life regen, which is an elder suffix aswell. Got fucking trolled..

Just bought this aswell.. Worth it to 6link ?
Last edited by Stratic on Jan 18, 2018, 4:15:38 PM
That 2nd chest you bought is pretty nice. I'm not 100% sure on the lack of armor (only 700-ish) versus the boost from the +1 to support gems. Most of the support gems are only a couple percent improved per level, so I think I'd be more interested in the armor, but I won't claim to be enough of an expert to say with certainty. The life and resists are good though. The chest I picked up has very slightly lower life roll and just shy of 2k armor. Perhaps you could craft more armor onto that one?
Last edited by Ikariusrb on Jan 18, 2018, 4:33:35 PM
"
Ikariusrb wrote:
That 2nd chest you bought is pretty nice. I'm not 100% sure on the lack of armor (only 700-ish) versus the boost from the +1 to support gems. Most of the support gems are only a couple percent improved per level, so I think I'd be more interested in the armor, but I won't claim to be enough of an expert to say with certainty. The life and resists are good though. The chest I picked up has very slightly lower life roll and just shy of 2k armor. Perhaps you could craft more armor onto that one?

Its at 1.1k Armour right now. The authors chest piece is 1.2k, so I guess its fine now? Maybe if he responds he can tell us if its enough or if it is better to get more.
Sound prolly fine then. Author said that armor and evasion aren't hugely important, so you're probably good to go on 6L that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info