F the labyrinth

"
"
Apachy wrote:
The problem of the lab is that besides of completing a challenge (and potencially good loot) it does not feel that you continue to play the same game!

I mean:
1. Mobs do not scale.
When you are 90+ you do not get enough exp to lvl up. Enemies are too weak and low lvl.

2. For me - the hightest map drop was the shore.
If it is considered as an end game grind, well, it should drop something better!

As a result Lab becomes a very bad appendix to the game. It can help you with the money but in terms of actual progression in a game it will not.

It was never meant to help you progress It's their for money purposes that's it/

But why not make "Labyrinth" the content that PoE deserves? And it was ALWAYS meant to help you bypass other RNG walls, and PROGRESS, let's not kid ourselves, you wonderful T-Rex. ^^

I'm one of the biggest "complainers" regarding "Labyrinth", but all my gripes with IT start from it's lack of "identity & purpose", heck, only single target namelocking melee skills are more lacking regarding those aspects.

No one should argue that "Labyrinth" was not a "labour of love", and it still is one of the most important and interesting parts of the game, but unfortunately, it's still "light years" from reaching it's potential - if it was meant as a "rite of passage", and Ascension meant to have a greater impact on the storyline and character development, the current implementation with the daily layout instead of a RANDOM one for every Ascendancy points run is "substantially underwhelming" to say the least...

Beside having content feeling "harsh" for no reason beside "it should be moar difficult just for giggles", GGG really missed the mark with the "Labyrinth", as it is used to "gate" CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT in the least interesting way, and players are encouraged to PLAY said content via "bribes", instead of having GGG address REAL UNDERLYING PROBLEMS...

It is what it is, but we should all agree that what "Labyrinth" is, it's not pretty, heck, these days it's even lacking most "interesting" aspects - the removal of negative effect shrines was as saddening as those reworks regarding certain "uniques"...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
Xavathos wrote:

I guess it's no longer allowed to have an opinion differ from yours without insult, TD. Everything I say has to be picked apart and "studied", as if you have any idea of my intentions. I refrained from posting in these threads for months, simply because it seemed pointless to try and discuss anything with the likes of you. Unfortunately, that still rings true today. Back to lurker mode, I guess, what a shame.

You are the main person here saying that no one can have an opinion different than yours. Even down to obvious false facts. Sorry, I know for a fact that most people posting in this thread that don't like labyrinth do play this game. Your stupid assertion was FALSE. To make your hypocrisy complete you try to say that it is hopeless to discuss anything with me when you are being so completely unreasonable in your assertions.

I have said it plenty of times but I'll say it again. This is a Feedback and Suggestions forum. GGG created this forum as a place to give Feedback and Suggestions. My Feedback to GGG is that labyrinth is loathsome not fun content that is not arpg content that should not be gating something as important as arpg character development. I have zero problem with players that like the loathsome labyrinth. I have zero problem with people saying they like labyrinth and don't want this to change. You can have your own opinion with my blessing but not your own facts. If you can't live with that then I guess I was wrong about you?

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

I guess it's no longer allowed to have an opinion differ from yours without insult, TD. Everything I say has to be picked apart and "studied", as if you have any idea of my intentions. I refrained from posting in these threads for months, simply because it seemed pointless to try and discuss anything with the likes of you. Unfortunately, that still rings true today. Back to lurker mode, I guess, what a shame.

You are the main person here saying that no one can have an opinion different than yours. Even down to obvious false facts. Sorry, I know for a fact that most people posting in this thread that don't like labyrinth do play this game. Your stupid assertion was FALSE. To make your hypocrisy complete you try to say that it is hopeless to discuss anything with me when you are being so completely unreasonable in your assertions.

I have said it plenty of times but I'll say it again. This is a Feedback and Suggestions forum. GGG created this forum as a place to give Feedback and Suggestions. My Feedback to GGG is that labyrinth is loathsome not fun content that is not arpg content that should not be gating something as important as arpg character development. I have zero problem with players that like the loathsome labyrinth. I have zero problem with people saying they like labyrinth and don't want this to change. You can have your own opinion with my blessing but not your own facts. If you can't live with that then I guess I was wrong about you?

Excuse me? Where in my posts, ANY of them in fact, do I suggest that no one can have an opinion different from my own? You claim, yet fail to make even one example, which in turn proves that you speak out of pure hostility for the sake of it.

I speak from the only point of view that I'm logically entitled to, my own. And in my point of view, the Labyrinth in its current form is perfectly fine. That is MY Feedback and Suggestion. Deal with it.

If you wish it so, from this point onward, any and all further false accusations and insults will be redirected to GGG by means of reports. If you can't have a discussion and post only to personally attack me on every opportunity, I will have no part in this.

This topic is the only loathsome thing about the Lab.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
The troll became obvious from his second post. Now he is just stretching it. Don't feed.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Xavathos wrote:

As for no one asking them to be freely given, on the contrary. I've seen plenty of people ask for the points to be removed from the Lab and given out freely.

There is a clear difference between power and necessity. Of course Ascendancy points are going to make you much more powerful, but you're not REQUIRED this power to play and be successful, even clear all content including the hardest bosses. The question to ask is, why would anyone do that when all it takes is doing the Lab?

How convenient grabbing yourself only by a very small minority while most players that don't like the Lab do not want anything given freely. Have you ever met one of those?

There was never a question of whether or not Ascendancy points are powerful. You took that for granted when you first mentioned it. You are the one that baptized AC points powerful & unnecessary at the same time. Why would anyone with sense, spend so many resources (time & money) to create a content that is not necessary is beyond me.

Content outside of Lab was affected with the introduction of Ascendancy. So people are not required to take Ascendancy but they are handicapped if they don't because they must interact anyways with the affected content. That would be everything outside the Lab. Feel free to dispute that as well.

"
Xavathos wrote:
I am not the one with 4 stash tabs, no. But I have many friends who play like that and guess what? They are massively successful in the game. They also don't waste their time posting here like you and me... white knight... hahaha. You are amusing, though.

So stash tabs & Ascendancy are unnecessary but you have them anyways. Ok. Many of your friends play like that & are massively successful. You must have very few friends. Go figure.

Feel free to consider your time wasted when you post, i don't. You have no saying whatsoever over how someone else is managing his time in the forums.

You are the definition of a Lab WhiteKnight. Either that or you are just trolling. Take your pick.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on Jan 5, 2018, 4:13:36 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
The troll became obvious from his second post. Now he is just stretching it. Don't feed.

It's unfortunate that it's impossible to stand for anything anymore without being called either a troll or a white knight. Both terms are clearly a conception of the internetz. We respresent opposing sides of a long-standing discussion, that is literally all there is to it. Neither of us "innocent" and neither of us right or wrong.

With that said, I oppose TD only in his ideas of what the Lab represents and his attitude of late. I don't disrespect or even dislike the man. I remember a time where we had interesting exchanges of ideas regarding the Lab and I even agreed to some of his points. (which is no longer relevant since the changes made to the Lab and trials in 3.0)

I really have no interest in this continued hostility, which is why I stopped posting for a long time in threads like these. I wish he would see this, so that this back and forth throwing of mud may come to an end before GGG steps in and does it for us.

"
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I'll do just that from now on.

Yes, but only right after you kick me a few times more. I did give warning.

"
"
Apachy wrote:
The problem of the lab is that besides of completing a challenge (and potencially good loot) it does not feel that you continue to play the same game!

I mean:
1. Mobs do not scale.
When you are 90+ you do not get enough exp to lvl up. Enemies are too weak and low lvl.

2. For me - the hightest map drop was the shore.
If it is considered as an end game grind, well, it should drop something better!

As a result Lab becomes a very bad appendix to the game. It can help you with the money but in terms of actual progression in a game it will not.

It was never meant to help you progress It's their for money purposes that's it/

Your logic does not fit to SSF in 99% cases, so it means that you are wrong in 99% cases as well.
Chears.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
"
Pyrokar wrote:

I'll do just that from now on.

Yes, but only right after you kick me a few times more. I did give warning.

I was only kicking back. You must understand that everything here are natural reactions to your somewhat provoking posts. I removed that last quote of me in a spirit of good faith.
Last edited by TauNeosorium on Jan 5, 2018, 4:24:06 AM
"
I was only kicking back. You must understand that everything here are natural reactions to your somewhat provoking posts. I removed that last quote of me in a spirit of good faith.

Then I apologise if my posts provoked you, as they were not meant so. I know I can be... passionate regarding the Lab, to put it lightly.

Let's get back on topic now though, we've already wasted more than a page on this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info