[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

"
bxb1992 wrote:
Hey Eathb

Can you look at this FB/MS variation and tell me the difference? I looked at the PoB link and the damage looks insane.

https://pastebin.com/QYUcyGCL

His gar is BIS. Take out all of the jewels and his DPS is about 225k, vs it being 700k+. His Jewels are VERY GOOD.

Where did you find this build?
Excellent work on the guide, this may be my final build this league to complete all content.

One question: after having done the encounter as a Deadeye, do you see any reason why you wouldn't be able to kill Uber Elder as the Raider variant? I like the flavor of that ascendancy a lot more. Otherwise, Deadeye looks solid too!
Question, which skill u drop to use movement skills?
Apologies for the late replies. Trying a new build atm where I may put up a guide if it turns out to be successful. Character is public in my profile for anyone interested.

Glad a few posters are having success towards the end game now :). I'm pretty confident in this build when it comes to Guardians+Shaper, Red Elder.

I did a couple more Uber Elder attempts and tried to make it more smooth by setting up more defensive but it really didn't make a difference. Nothing can be done when Shaper launches balls at you and Elder has got you stuck in a time loop. FWIW in that fight Multistrike-Ancestral Call togther are a MUST - survival comes from leeching whatever has hp and that combo just allows constant leech.

I also did HoGM wtih the build and will upload the video when I can, I think that completes all content for me :)

"
r3dd09 wrote:
"
bxb1992 wrote:
Hey Eathb

Can you look at this FB/MS variation and tell me the difference? I looked at the PoB link and the damage looks insane.

https://pastebin.com/QYUcyGCL

His gar is BIS. Take out all of the jewels and his DPS is about 225k, vs it being 700k+. His Jewels are VERY GOOD.

Where did you find this build?

Not going to lie, that tree is perhaps the best use of abyss jewels I've seen. Props to whoever thought of that build because it even outperforms the Inquisitor tree. My personal change would be to drop 2 nodes somewhere and get Acrobatics. My understanding is that version is slower when it comes to mapping and because it is reliant on Tombfists/Bubonic's, you're sacrificing clear speed (pure Molten build) but that is the best single target damage tree that I've seen.

"
Brentyfresh wrote:
Excellent work on the guide, this may be my final build this league to complete all content.

One question: after having done the encounter as a Deadeye, do you see any reason why you wouldn't be able to kill Uber Elder as the Raider variant? I like the flavor of that ascendancy a lot more. Otherwise, Deadeye looks solid too!

I don't see why not. Raider may actually be better than Deadeye to take on Uber Elder since its ascendency has additional defensive nodes. Overall Deadeye tops out as having the most dps but both Raider and PF are definitely better defensively.

"
urenemy wrote:
Question, which skill u drop to use movement skills?

Orb of Storms-Power Charge on Crit.

This will be in your Tombfists which you will do an equipment swap for your clearing link Gloves against end game bosses.
Just finished T15 Red Elder ytd, couldn't protect shaper :(

"
Eathb wrote:

I did a couple more Uber Elder attempts and tried to make it more smooth by setting up more defensive but it really didn't make a difference. Nothing can be done when Shaper launches balls at you and Elder has got you stuck in a time loop. FWIW in that fight Multistrike-Ancestral Call togther are a MUST - survival comes from leeching whatever has hp and that combo just allows constant leech.

What do u drop for ancestral call in your MS links?

Edit:
I'm running a raider variant, and was curious to why u took Rapid Assault over Avatar of the Slaughter? Avatar of the Slaughter looks better to me, and PoB-wise seems slightly higher in dps too. Plus I'm running onslaught support in my HoI links since I'm not running Farrul's. Trying out the new Loreweave instead.
Last edited by shaunleo on Apr 2, 2018, 1:02:49 AM
"
shaunleo wrote:
Just finished T15 Red Elder ytd, couldn't protect shaper :(

"
Eathb wrote:

What do u drop for ancestral call in your MS links?

Edit:
I'm running a raider variant, and was curious to why u took Rapid Assault over Avatar of the Slaughter? Avatar of the Slaughter looks better to me, and PoB-wise seems slightly higher in dps too. Plus I'm running onslaught support in my HoI links since I'm not running Farrul's. Trying out the new Loreweave instead.

I just loved the idea of having permanent Frenzy, Onslaught and Phasing. Only the Raider can acheive something like that but really with the Raider ascendency, like everything is good, you can't go wrong which path you take.

In your case, I think your best setup would be 4R-2B which should be quite easy to get with Loreweaver.
Molten Strike - Damage on Full Life/Ancestral Call - Multistrike - WED - Conc Effect - Elemental Focus

If you're happy with your gear and your mechanics, you'd be able to use Damage on Full Life predominantly but against bosses where you know you won't be on full health all the time (Hydra, Elder, Phoenix) then you switch in Ancestral Call for Damage on Full Life. Or you can do what I do in my Elder fights if you've seen my vids, which is switch in the Ancestral Call gem for Damage on Full Life as soon as the portal phase starts.
Last edited by Eathb on Apr 2, 2018, 9:06:52 AM
"
Eathb wrote:

I just loved the idea of having permanent Frenzy, Onslaught and Phasing. Only the Raider can acheive something like that but really with the Raider ascendency, like everything is good, you can't go wrong which path you take.

In your case, I think your best setup would be 4R-2B which should be quite easy to get with Loreweaver.
Molten Strike - Damage on Full Life/Ancestral Call - Multistrike - WED - Conc Effect - Elemental Focus

If you're happy with your gear and your mechanics, you'd be able to use Damage on Full Life predominantly but against bosses where you know you won't be on full health all the time (Hydra, Elder, Phoenix) then you switch in Ancestral Call for Damage on Full Life. Or you can do what I do in my Elder fights if you've seen my vids, which is switch in the Ancestral Call gem for Damage on Full Life as soon as the portal phase starts.

Ok Thanks! I'll give the 4R-2B setup a try and hopefully uber elder goes well too :D
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks for the build. I decided to try to freehand brew my own molten strike build this league even though i'd never played melee before at all. after realizing i basically screwed everything up i regretted to your build and been loving it, easily killing up to t15 elder and shaper (uber elder eludes me but I think that's down to my mechanics abilities >_<). this build has insane clear speed and melts bosses, very impressive.

just wanted to add my two cents on a few things. for reference here is my character
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/FlirtyChair/characters?characterName=JennahTellYaRedBalls
and path of building
https://pastebin.com/rXMYeyaz
I have moved slightly away from your exact build as far as gearing, so some of these comments may just reflect differences in our builds.

First of all, I have quite different thoughts on claws. you recommend only 2.0 or more attack speed, and I do recognize that there is some safety in that, but the build attacks sufficiently quick without such high attack speed requirements on weapons. By far my better of two claws according to path of building is

and it only has crafted 15% attack speed. I havent done a ton of experimentation, but I think my claw priority is more like 2 good elemental damage mods (prefer lightning as one) > (shaper) gain % phys as ele (again lightning prefered) > (shaper) elemental penetration > attack speed (15% crafted is okay) > crit multi = crit chance. in my experience these claws are better damage and cheaper than 2.0 APS high ele dps claws.

secondly, you say that you found loreweave to be by far the best chest for dps, I can't make loreweave come anywhere near farruls fur in my POB, but again might be up to our differences. Farrul's fur giving permanent frenzy and power charges has been so cool for this build, i can't imagine changing to loreweave (for the record, I did also try inpulsa's which was also very good)

overall though seriously great build that im really loving to play. like i said i breezed through red elder and shaper. not only that, but one member of my playgroup is making level 100 his league goal (that's part of the story of why i have a headhunter...), so we are speed clearing maps for experience and this build completely carries speed clearing as well even with extra hp on mobs from party size.
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me why my shaper dps is only 30k? I've sunk a decent amount of currency into him, but I see budget builds claming millions of shaper dps...

Could someone tell me what to upgrade? (I know the rings should be opals, but i'm live searching for the right one, with the resists I need.)

I have around 7 ex to spend.

Thanks!
"
Hi guys,

Can someone tell me why my shaper dps is only 30k? I've sunk a decent amount of currency into him, but I see budget builds claming millions of shaper dps...

Could someone tell me what to upgrade? (I know the rings should be opals, but i'm live searching for the right one, with the resists I need.)

I have around 7 ex to spend.

Thanks!

there is a problem in POB with point blank (and to some extent molten strike). under configuration in the "for effective dps" section, with molten strike magma balls selected as main skill on far left panel, you need to tick "projectile travel distance" up to 1, then it will take it into account. doing that alone takes your dps to 48K, levelling wrath, herald of ice, and your molten strike+supports to 20 puts you at 55K. Even then POB doesn't calculate actual molten strike damage well, I guess because it doesnt think multiple projectiles will hit the same target (for example, removing +3 projectiles from helm doesnt change POB damage). I don't really know exactly how well it works, but this thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6e294e/molten_strike_dps_calculator/
has a calculator that claims to account for projectiles and point blank. using your POB with levelled gems, that calculator has you at 300k dps without flasks, 539k with

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info