[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

"
Schmerzbaer wrote:
Once again a Beginner Question, how do we get the endurance Charges that we need for Immortal call?

Immortal call does not need endurance charges to work - even without those, you will have a (short) time in which you can't get hurt.

I had been mainly playing wanders during the last two leagues, and wanted to do something different this time, so i chose this build. Which is, in fact, not that much different. There are no KB explosions and molten strike with claws refills the lifepool better. Also, this build has more life. It also is moving slower, but more to that later. First, my Equipment:

I did not show the flasks, they suck. I am wearing the shroud because the only lich I encountered dropped it, and am quite happy with it. I am about done colouring an Inpulsa, and collecting rings for Loreweave. That's no priority, as the shroud does its job very good, but ar some place during this league, I will test the other two armours.

However, having accumulated some currency - about 5-6 ex - I intend to invest this evening. The question is, where?

Better Claws would probably cost upwards of 2 ex. I dont think that small improvements would yield high rewards here, so an Investment of 4-6 ex would probably be necessary to really improve.

The jewellery, however, is mostly selffound and cheap - and sucks. So i'll probably invest here. I calculate with 3-4 ex here.

As for the jewels, I get that blind is good - I just was not lucky enough to craft one. All my alts are going into this, as it simply a lot of fun. I'll probably buy one with blind now, as I intend to start hunting the elder now. (I have mostly finished the maps now, 148 / 157). 1-2 ex here.

The boots are okay for now - I need the int for now.

Any suggestions?

Concerning the links: I prefer arctic armour over a small damage Aura, as I experience the char considerably less squishy with it. CWDT with the golem is a testament to my lazyness, i really don't like casting stuff.

I started with another ascendency configuration and recently invested 30 reset Points into the current one, but I dont like the ascendancy that speeds me up, mostly, because I dont have a lot of skills to use, but also, because I dont like using skills. However, what easy to use skills do you use to improve the effectiveness of that ascendancy?

/edit: I like always hitting. But would it not be better to craft that onto a claw and get a better shield?

Thanks!

Last edited by Donnerdrummel on Mar 23, 2018, 8:09:42 AM
UBER ELDER IS DOWN! UBER ELDER IS DOWN!

VIDEO: https://streamable.com/oijcv

Personally this is the biggest achievement I've had in POE. I went into this fight blind and sorta expected to not be able to finish it as I'm not at a high level yet (I really should have tried to get over 6k life for this fight which would have been achieved at lvl 94) but although it took all 6 portals - it was done at lvl 91.

This shows how versatile and powerful this build and the ascendency of Deadeye can be when it comes to bossing. My strategy for the fight was just to look for something to leech life with and dodge Shaper moves. Honestly if I could bring in my Abyss league jewels and equip it onto my Deadeye, you'd be looking at one of those Shaper down in 3 seconds video because the damage is off the charts.

I will say, I think I've taken this build itself as far as I can. I'm going to go for the 36 challenges and either start a new character/build project or be finished with this league because it's at that point I feel the burn out of POE. Either way though, I won't be using this build for next league as 2 consecutive seasons of the same build is enough for me.

I will do a big update of first post of this build when I find some time.

This is my equipment at the time of kill:

Spoiler

POB PASTEBIN:
https://pastebin.com/gefepnNx

@lagevogel - T15 Elder has more life and does more damage than T11 Elder from my understanding.

@Donnerdrummel - thx for answering the Endurance charge question. I'd prioritise getting end game rings, amulets and belts, you're missing quite a lot of life on those. Try to set up your resistances so that you can get a Wise Oak down the line even when a Dying Sun flask is up. Lyco works better with a PF or Raider. I noticed that you do not have a movement skill (Whirling Blades)... although you say you don't like Tailwind it's what powers the Deadeye class. I suggest using a Thunderfist (or other rare glove) and putting the Frost Blades link in that, and swapping it with the Tombfist against difficult bosses. Frost Blades isn't needed at all for bossing. Love the idea of Arctic Armour, and I agree that it might be the better option if survival is an issue.
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
"
Schmerzbaer wrote:
Once again a Beginner Question, how do we get the endurance Charges that we need for Immortal call?

Immortal call does not need endurance charges to work - even without those, you will have a (short) time in which you can't get hurt.

Thanks
Hello Eathb! I'm in love with this molten strike build, and I've gotten 3/4 guardians dowm (chimera is rough for me). But I'm sitting at around 5.9k hp, and I'm looking at buying the Farrul's fur. Can you help me and look at what would be the best course of action with my build? If I upgraded the chest, would I need to change other pieces as well? I hope this isn't too much trouble for you friend. Thanks!

Edit: my pastebin https://pastebin.com/GGW3YnxF
Last edited by ProfessorQuickz on Mar 23, 2018, 2:03:36 PM
I'm not that far into leveling but is wildstrike necessary? Can anyone attest to clearing maps with molten strike/AC instead of wildstrike/AC?
Is the clear that terrible you need wildstrike even a 4L is better for clearing?
Uber Atziri video:
https://streamable.com/x8hnz

Feels a lot easier than Uber Elder lool.

"
Hello Eathb! I'm in love with this molten strike build, and I've gotten 3/4 guardians dowm (chimera is rough for me). But I'm sitting at around 5.9k hp, and I'm looking at buying the Farrul's fur. Can you help me and look at what would be the best course of action with my build? If I upgraded the chest, would I need to change other pieces as well? I hope this isn't too much trouble for you friend. Thanks!

Edit: my pastebin https://pastebin.com/GGW3YnxF

Hey I didn't look at the pastebin link as I don't have POB atm but just doing a quick gear check, you're pretty much good to go for all game content.

Lyco isn't required at all for the Deadeye class, I'd recommend getting another end game claw, ideally an Imperial one since it's life on hit plays a big role in leech in addition to it being the fastest base claw.

Also since you're using Farrul's fur with the Skill on the boots, you can actually put Less Duration in the boots slot meaning that you will have permanent power and frenzy charges. This also means you can drop Orb of Storms, Poacher's Mark, Blood Rage, Assassin's mark etc. Feel free to link at my character on how I set up. I'm using Enfeeble for defense but if you want more damage, you can use Elemental Weakness as a curse. Your gem links for Molten is also missing Multistrike which is a must for Molten builds.

Also, you're using Ancestral Warchief instead of Ancestral Protector + I'm almost certain that your lightning res isn't the highest so Wise Oak doesn't actually do anything for you (also need to account for the +50% fire res boost from Dying Sun). You can replace Wise Oak with an Onslaught Flask if you feel that is too difficult.

"
dacamell wrote:
I'm not that far into leveling but is wildstrike necessary? Can anyone attest to clearing maps with molten strike/AC instead of wildstrike/AC?
Is the clear that terrible you need wildstrike even a 4L is better for clearing?

Hi, in post #2 of this thread there is a setup of how you'd go about if you want to use Molten strike only, it's only a few difference in gem setups. The clear speed with Molten is decent (that build would be the fastest clearing Molten build atm IMO) but Frost Blades is noticeably faster. For me there are really no downfalls to having Frost Blades as a clearing skill since it's just a simple glove swap for end game bosses. My Tombfist may have ~4ex worth of gear inc. jewels but it's by far my least used item.

Last edited by Eathb on Mar 24, 2018, 2:07:54 AM
"
Eathb wrote:

Personally this is the biggest achievement I've had in POE. I went into this fight blind and sorta expected to not be able to finish it as I'm not at a high level yet (I really should have tried to get over 6k life for this fight which would have been achieved at lvl 94) but although it took all 6 portals - it was done at lvl 91.

This shows how versatile and powerful this build and the ascendency of Deadeye can be when it comes to bossing. My strategy for the fight was just to look for something to leech life with and dodge Shaper moves. Honestly if I could bring in my Abyss league jewels and equip it onto my Deadeye, you'd be looking at one of those Shaper down in 3 seconds video because the damage is off the charts.

I will say, I think I've taken this build itself as far as I can. I'm going to go for the 36 challenges and either start a new character/build project or be finished with this league because it's at that point I feel the burn out of POE. Either way though, I won't be using this build for next league as 2 consecutive seasons of the same build is enough for me.

Spoiler

POB PASTEBIN:

@lagevogel - T15 Elder has more life and does more damage than T11 Elder from my understanding.

@Donnerdrummel - thx for answering the Endurance charge question. I'd prioritise getting end game rings, amulets and belts, you're missing quite a lot of life on those. Try to set up your resistances so that you can get a Wise Oak down the line even when a Dying Sun flask is up. Lyco works better with a PF or Raider. I noticed that you do not have a movement skill (Whirling Blades)... although you say you don't like Tailwind it's what powers the Deadeye class. I suggest using a Thunderfist (or other rare glove) and putting the Frost Blades link in that, and swapping it with the Tombfist against difficult bosses. Frost Blades isn't needed at all for bossing. Love the idea of Arctic Armour, and I agree that it might be the better option if survival is an issue.

Gz on uber elder man!!
Congrats eathb!
"
Eathb wrote:

Spoiler

POB PASTEBIN:

Grats on the big accomplishment!

I'm starting to play softcore again and will go after uber elder next week. Need to make some claw upgrades, but I'm sad to see nothing reasonable is on the market.

Got this beautiful thing today.
Last edited by r3dd09 on Mar 25, 2018, 1:22:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info