[3.x][Super Heavy Heavy Strike] 2H HS Jug - All Content

That Abyssus !!

40% roll and heavy strike enchant.

My point , bye.
build is great. im clearing maps safely.
i wouldnt say its a fast map runner, but it does quite good, and items are not expensive. also damage output is great without much invest ( 200kdps its easy to get).
I would want to play this build 2 years ago :) Game has evolved past slow moving, small area builds. If you start season with this build you will fall behind if your type of player that is competitive.

All in all generic jug.. nothing special just adding some armor with very bad crit chance. If you want to invest money into starforge you better have build that can dish out some aoe :) Cyclone berserker works just fine for all the types of content.
20/20 melee splash on SF has more aoe than cyclone alone and HS with AC is a looot of AoE coverage man. The difference is that you need to hit with 2h reach, which is same a cleave

Also 500k x3 dps, gl reaching that with cleave/cyclone :) Only GH does more than that.
About aoe, the only skill that can cover more than this is full stack reave, again gl on reaching that dmg with reave

And nametags were not good before Abyss and before AC, no aoe coverage, had to use Multistrike and HS was worst of all the nametags because of small dmg with knockback :/
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on May 10, 2018, 10:00:12 PM
Hi, what about Aspect of the cat crafted on some gear (ring, for example)? You can get pretty nice crit buff from it.
And if you can get Farrul's Fur (which is VERY expensive now) - you can get free Power and Frenzy charges from it (so even more crits). Of course you need to take Iron reflexes to compensate huge armour drop.
Last edited by Voidstranger on May 13, 2018, 7:09:00 AM
Hi, I started playing 2 months ago with this build and i'm in love with it. Ty!
I've 2 questions. I really don't want to swap my Devoto for Abyssus, is it really that much of a DPS gain?
And why are you using the melee physical damage support gem with blasphemy-determination-vulnerability? Just for levelling it? What should I use there?

Thank you and sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
Thanks Zaen for this build , first time i kill Shaper !!!
Just wanted to thank you for this build. Very helpful :)
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
So I tested Aspect of the Cat + Farrul's Fur armour and it seems I have good alternative to Brass Dome/Kaom's Heart now.
Aspect of the cat is free because of armour, gives you ton of crit chance and some possible damage avoidance and a little attack speed.
Because of armour you will have 80% of the time 3 Frenzy charges and 3 Power charges. Even on bosses.
So with all flasks up I have 48% crit chance and not all of my gear are BIS.
Also I'm using Kaom's roots. These boots are basically only a little worse than Unstoppable ascendancy, so I picked Unrelenting instead of Unstoppable (8% less Elemental damage is good, because elemental damage is main weakness of Juggernaut, imo. Chaos res is good too). Also because of hybrid armour (armour+evasion) you need Iron reflexes Keystone and Soul of steel passive.

Pros

- more crit chance (cat's stealth + power charges). I think, you will be able hit 2 mil Shaper DPS with good gear.
- you will be able generate Frenzy and Power charges even on bosses
- you don't need Unstoppable ascendancy, so you may take Unrelenting and become more tankier against elemental damage)

Cons

- without Endurance charges you will have only ~80% Physical damage reduction (but you will have 4 Endurance charges 99% of the time and with them you will have 90% phys damage reduction)
- character is slow because of Kaom's roots (should not be a huge problem because of quicksilver flask and leap slam)
- Armour is very expensive now. But it is possible to farm it by yourself. Just do t13+ map and you will capture Tiger.

Gear

EDIT: I'm also thinking about Scion variation of this build (Jugg+Slayer). Maybe with Atziri gloves for Vaal pact after crits (3000+ life leech per second). But gaining armour for scion is pain, and PoB tells me about only ~60% phys damage mitigation without buffs and endurance charges. Is Slayer overleech worth it?
Last edited by Voidstranger on May 15, 2018, 3:06:06 PM
"
Voidstranger wrote:
So I tested Aspect of the Cat + Farrul's Fur armour and it seems I have good alternative to Brass Dome/Kaom's Heart now.
Aspect of the cat is free because of armour, gives you ton of crit chance and some possible damage avoidance and a little attack speed.
Because of armour you will have 80% of the time 3 Frenzy charges and 3 Power charges. Even on bosses.
So with all flasks up I have 48% crit chance and not all of my gear are BIS.
Also I'm using Kaom's roots. These boots are basically only a little worse than Unstoppable ascendancy, so I picked Unrelenting instead of Unstoppable (8% less Elemental damage is good, because elemental damage is main weakness of Juggernaut, imo. Chaos res is good too). Also because of hybrid armour (armour+evasion) you need Iron reflexes Keystone and Soul of steel passive.

Pros

- more crit chance (cat's stealth + power charges). I think, you will be able hit 2 mil Shaper DPS with good gear.
- you will be able generate Frenzy and Power charges even on bosses
- you don't need Unstoppable ascendancy, so you may take Unrelenting and become more tankier against elemental damage)

Cons

- without Endurance charges you will have only ~80% Physical damage reduction (but you will have 4 Endurance charges 99% of the time and with them you will have 90% phys damage reduction)
- character is slow because of Kaom's roots (should not be a huge problem because of quicksilver flask and leap slam)
- Armour is very expensive now. But it is possible to farm it by yourself. Just do t13+ map and you will capture Tiger.

Gear

EDIT: I'm also thinking about Scion variation of this build (Jugg+Slayer). Maybe with Atziri gloves for Vaal pact after crits (3000+ life leech per second). But gaining armour for scion is pain, and PoB tells me about only ~60% phys damage mitigation without buffs and endurance charges. Is Slayer overleech worth it?

Slayer leech is more balanced vs ele dmg but weaker vs phys big shots. It allows you to deal with ele bosses more easily. In 3.1 with my slayer (heavy strike as well + impact) it was a cakewalk vs phoenix for example, but it couldn't facetank mino in the same way for example
Gives streamers & friends queue priority and leaves supporters who spent hundreds $ packs in the 100k queue.

GGG: Don't you guys follow streamers?
Last edited by ZaeN on May 18, 2018, 10:01:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info