[3.10] For Scion - Goddess Sword Spinning in Flurry (Cyclone + Blade Flurry + Frost Blades)

"
Follow the gems setup in the guide. POB link is outdated. Scion ascendancy underwent changes in 3.2 and now this build has inherent culling strike from Slayer.

For Whirling Blade and Leap Slam. Pretty much personal preference. I prefer Leap Slam but if WB is a thing for you, you can definitely use that.

In short, the guide is more up-to-date than POB.

I will include another gems setup which I have been using and it works out pretty well. Have sufficient toughness and yet doesn't sacrifice much on the damage. :)

Ahhh okok I see :). I am going tombfist, I think, are they still viable? I noctied you had them in your gear for abyss league (and also for recommended uniques). If so - what gem-setup would you suggest I run on the gloves? I need to sacrifice 1 gem from the 4L setups, i dont know enough to make the choice :).

thanks for the reply
I tried out this build, but I think I missing something. I'm still at lvl 70 but lvling farther look pretty hard to me, dying too much. Got only 4K hp, dont know how to stop dying =(. And what you do with ele reflect maps? just skip those?

I'll appreciate any advices on my character, if you have any advices please let me know.

"
Noltch wrote:

Ahhh okok I see :). I am going tombfist, I think, are they still viable? I noctied you had them in your gear for abyss league (and also for recommended uniques). If so - what gem-setup would you suggest I run on the gloves? I need to sacrifice 1 gem from the 4L setups, i dont know enough to make the choice :).

thanks for the reply

I have added my preferred 4L gems setup in the guide. Check it out under gems section. :)

"
I tried out this build, but I think I missing something. I'm still at lvl 70 but lvling farther look pretty hard to me, dying too much. Got only 4K hp, dont know how to stop dying =(. And what you do with ele reflect maps? just skip those?

I'll appreciate any advices on my character, if you have any advices please let me know.

I see that you are using Death's Oath and Doedre's Elixir.

Your chaos resistance is 0%, those 2 items will cause you to take huge amount of Chaos damage, thus resulting in your deaths.

Drop Doedre's Elixir. You don't need that for the charges. Check out the flasks section for recommended setup.

I recommend you to get your chaos resist to 30% (on gears) when you use Death's Oath. Take Soul of Arakaali and capture Armala the Widow for pantheon power.

In case you do not know, you can perform weapon swap to remove Her Embrace degen.
"
kira1414 wrote:

I see that you are using Death's Oath and Doedre's Elixir.

Your chaos resistance is 0%, those 2 items will cause you to take huge amount of Chaos damage, thus resulting in your deaths.

Drop Doedre's Elixir. You don't need that for the charges. Check out the flasks section for recommended setup.

I recommend you to get your chaos resist to 30% (on gears) when you use Death's Oath. Take Soul of Arakaali and capture Armala the Widow for pantheon power.

In case you do not know, you can perform weapon swap to remove Her Embrace degen.

Thats a very nice tip about weapon swap, thank you!

About Atziri flask, just wanted to test it. I dont know why, but when I was running without Atziri promise I was dying more often (or I just imagined it).
"

I have added my preferred 4L gems setup in the guide. Check it out under gems section. :)

Ah, nice man. I suppose the blind gem is the one i am sacrificing for using Tombfist then :). Nice job, awesome build.
"

Thats a very nice tip about weapon swap, thank you!

About Atziri flask, just wanted to test it. I dont know why, but when I was running without Atziri promise I was dying more often (or I just imagined it).

You have misread my reply on the flask. :)

You will want to keep Atziri's Promise but drop Doedre's Elixir.

You did not get the wrong impression that your survival improves when you hit Atziri's flask. That is because it grants 35% chaos resistance, which will reduce Death's Oath and Doedre's Elixir chaos degen.

This is also why you want to get your chaos resistance to 30+. With Atziri's Promise, you will reach 75% capped chaos resistance.

"
Noltch wrote:
Ah, nice man. I suppose the blind gem is the one i am sacrificing for using Tombfist then :). Nice job, awesome build.

You are welcome. :)
Hey !

Yesterday i found your guide and tryed it, i'm lvl 80 atm and i loooooove it so far, i don't play with cyclone at all, using belly of the beast 5L for frost blade, one shot everything, killing T6-T9 boss into 2 seconds.

Thanks for making such a great guide !

PS : sorry for my bad english :P
Culling strike doesn't stack right? I see you have the skill gem in your chest piece even though you get it through the ascendancy. Are you only using the gem for the increased damage and as/cs?
Guide is not updated to 3.2
Anc War goes with blind and faster attack.
"
DeuceVult wrote:
Culling strike doesn't stack right? I see you have the skill gem in your chest piece even though you get it through the ascendancy. Are you only using the gem for the increased damage and as/cs?

I believe you are looking at the gems in the chest piece under "My Current Gears". Those gears are from patch 3.1 (a time when the ascendancy still does not have inherent Culling Strike).

You will refer to the gems setup shown in gems section. Those are always up to date. :)

An oversight on my part to not indicate that in the guide.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 10, 2018, 8:52:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info