[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
xxgothic3xx wrote:
First nice Build Guide but some small questions.
Why do you write in your build guide that its a ca+ mirage archer build but dont include it in the links as far as ive seen it?
Would probably swap conc effect out if im guessing right?

Also what do you think about pierce in particular with ca?

Would be nice if you could answer this/adjust your guide a bit.

Maybe I missed something and will apologize in advance for that.

Best Regards

The links do show Mirage Archer, and so do my items listed. On my Occultist version I scrapped Mirage Archer and ran with Conc Effect, that will be up to your playstyle.

Pierce is ok, but I was never huge fan of it. Mirage Archer is right up there in terms of clear speed with Pierce.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Hi,

Planning on trying this build out next league in delve probably. Since you seem like someone really liking to optimize ur stuff I thought I'd just point out that you should spec out of damage over time over at the "Corruption"-wheel and also in the "Growth and decay" wheel and instead spec into the 2 start nodes at Shadow start area. This way you gain about 4% inc damage and 96 energy shield.
Hey, nice build, i will give a try next season.
I will take MoM instead of damage from %curses, for tankyness.
Thanks a lot!
Hey,

do u have any updates on plan? such a great buff to CA , i would like to hear some thoughts from u about it!

"
Albenza wrote:
Hey,

do u have any updates on plan? such a great buff to CA , i would like to hear some thoughts from u about it!

This - looking at withering touch and viscous projectiles w/ herald of agony?
[Internet crashed, sorry for 3 posts in a row]
Last edited by leolarizza on Aug 27, 2018, 9:04:33 PM
Last edited by leolarizza on Aug 27, 2018, 8:42:19 PM
"
DeerFart wrote:
"
Albenza wrote:
Hey,

Withering touch would only work if CA would be like a tornado shot, where the hit is more important than the DoT, we don't have much Attack speed to maintain its effect if we are focusing on DoT. Viscous proj is great, would use instead of slower proj. Herald is bad for CA for the same reason as withering, unless the hit + somehow, as a witch, we get a lot of poison on hit, does a ton of dmg.

So, We are looking at viscous + LMP (3 arrows is the max for overlapping, i think), until we get dying sun and +1 Quiver, maybe. That would be maybe, ~2.5x more damage than what we have now.

Edit: Still disappointed that they focused so much on the arrow hit, instead of the DoT, but yeah, it was a buff atleast.

Edit2: Oh god, my internet crashed and now I have 3 posts here, sorry!
Last edited by leolarizza on Aug 27, 2018, 9:04:00 PM
"
leolarizza wrote:
"
DeerFart wrote:
"
Albenza wrote:
Hey,

Withering touch would only work if CA would be like a tornado shot, where the hit is more important than the DoT, we don't have much Attack speed to maintain its effect if we are focusing on DoT. Viscous proj is great, would use instead of slower proj. Herald is bad for CA for the same reason as withering, unless the hit + somehow, as a witch, we get a lot of poison on hit, does a ton of dmg.

So, We are looking at viscous + LMP (3 arrows is the max for overlapping, i think), until we get dying sun and +1 Quiver, maybe. That would be maybe, ~2.5x more damage than what we have now.

Edit: Still disappointed that they focused so much on the arrow hit, instead of the DoT, but yeah, it was a buff atleast.

Im still a bit fuzzy on this. Can you extrapolate a bit further? Still learning.
"
DeerFart wrote:

Im still a bit fuzzy on this. Can you extrapolate a bit further? Still learning.

CA now has 2 ways of dealing damage, the arrow hit [explosion] or the cloud effect, which is damage over time, the DoT is NOT poison. So, without seeing patch notes and CA on action, I assume we need to chose between doing Poison on hit with CA, so focusing on projectiles, Phys damage and Attack speed, and specially Chance to poison on hit (they are on the right side of the tree, so it's a no no for witches) OR Doing exactly what we were doing before, focusing on its DoT, we can't poison so Herald would be useless and we don't hit very often, making withering useless. The way, IMO, for scaling the DoT is what I said before, viscous and +3 arrows on gear or gems. Of course, i might be wrong, but if you want to use a Life version, with poison and the Herald, go for trickster or pathfinder, if you want a DoT version, more tankier and with ES, go for this build.
Last edited by leolarizza on Aug 27, 2018, 9:11:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info