[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
smelcami wrote:
"
Fummon wrote:
Thanks for the guide!

I'm following your guide to Scion, could you tell me how my damage is, and what should I improve?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41ielRyKzL0

"
tritriguigui wrote:
Hey ! I have to admit, so far this builds just rocks on every content I've been able to do !

But recently I wanted to play with my friend that's playing a Molten Strike build (the one everyone knows that makes the game laggy as hell) and I was wondering : is it because his build is reaaally overpowered or is it because I'm missing something from my items that makes my damage lower than it should be ?

I'd accept any recommendation with pleasure :)

PS : My VD char is WshSirosseMdrEKWAWOMG

Nice man! I'm seeing your char and the only thing that would be missing to be better is the enchant in the helmet 1 additional Corpses, That will give you more damage.

Thanks for the answer ! Yeah that was the thing I was afraid of :p I've had my lucky moments this league so I've been able to get some currency but clearly not enough for the helm enchant unfortunately :/

"
Zac89 wrote:
"
tritriguigui wrote:
Hey ! I have to admit, so far this builds just rocks on every content I've been able to do !

But recently I wanted to play with my friend that's playing a Molten Strike build (the one everyone knows that makes the game laggy as hell) and I was wondering : is it because his build is reaaally overpowered or is it because I'm missing something from my items that makes my damage lower than it should be ?

I'd accept any recommendation with pleasure :)

PS : My VD char is WshSirosseMdrEKWAWOMG

Download and learn how to use Path Of Building, it's such a huge help bro. You can create codes to send to use, that we can use to simulate your build. THen we can see what your dps and gear is. As for Molten Strike, it really is just that powerful when you build for it. I had a molten strike ngamahu beserker and he straight up melted bosses so hard, it was crazy. Ended up with this build though because it's just way more fun.

Oh yeah of course how could I forget about this -_- completely forgot about it since I almost never used it but thanks for reminding me !
which skill would you recommend to swap out bodyswap if I have a third pen?
kindof a dumb question, but i am finding that i occasionally get ignited when i use poets pen with the ring ammy/combo, despite having elemental focus equipped to volatile dead. does volatile dead still ignite even when elemental focus is attached to it?

i was also wondering why increased critical strike was suggested over something like increased fire penetration. and is increased critical strike a large enough bonus to be considered on par with elemental focus?

EDIT: im using the budget scion build
Last edited by adddemon on Dec 29, 2017, 7:42:37 PM
"
Br1tzz wrote:
Hello! I'm loving the build, great job! I have a question, in the video of map tier 15 what is creating the effect of ice?

That is a mtx skill call
Gloom of herald now is 90points
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
"
pro2017 wrote:
"
Br1tzz wrote:
Hello! I'm loving the build, great job! I have a question, in the video of map tier 15 what is creating the effect of ice?

That is a mtx skill call
Gloom of herald now is 90points

oh ok ! thanks !
so how do you deal with phys reflect again ? would be a shame if we cant run both reflect
How come theres so little use of The Wise Oak in these builds? Is there something I'm missing? Edit - Ok I re-read the guide and it mentions Oak, but not what flask to replace. Should we trade Atziri's Promise for Wise Oak or run both?
Last edited by McPumpkin on Dec 30, 2017, 4:36:28 AM
I'm finally doing T14-15 maps and I'm feeling squishy with 6.3k HP.... I'm used to playing CI builds with 10k+ ES so this build feels like a baby in comparison. Need more life or other ways to survive and mitigate damage. Hmm.
"
weoilikeher wrote:
so how do you deal with phys reflect again ? would be a shame if we cant run both reflect

We run phys. Reflect easily tbh...

"
suitonek wrote:
Hey guys how it is VD 40% dmg vs nerfed 1 extra body? the cost is like 1ex vs 20ex and is that really only extra corpse worth effort?

40% additive damage vs 33% multiplicative damage.

Means +1 is really way better than 40% more. Check my maths and explaination like 10pages ago.

Also it's not 20ex but more like 5-10 iirc.
Last edited by Gluitina on Dec 30, 2017, 3:55:04 AM
"
McPumpkin wrote:
How come theres so little use of The Wise Oak in these builds? Is there something I'm missing? Edit - Ok I re-read the guide and it mentions Oak, but not what flask to replace. Should we trade Atziri's Promise for Wise Oak or run both?

You don't need Wise Oak because you're an Inquisitor and have 100% resist penetration when critting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info