[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
Yes it does. Frenzy cap you at 4aps while autoattack don't. Dps loss.

The only difference in attack speed is from quality GMP linked to Frenzy. Otherwise your frenzy charges continue existing even when you're using a normal attack, thus keeping the attack speeds the same.
Or do you have Faster Attacks linked to Frenzy or something silly like that?

EDIT: Actually, I'm an idiot. I was thinking quality on Frenzy gave damage rather than attack speed.
My point still stands that it's not that important, but it is non-trivial.
Last edited by Nuraihyon on Dec 27, 2017, 5:36:05 PM
"
pro2017 wrote:
"
Altheone wrote:
whats you guys dps when you look at volatile dead? with all auras and golem only?

Before I swap to play this my bezeker critical with flame golem was around 51k tooltips for this inquis I believe I will get much higher like maybe 70k tooltips

36k in HO (with inc crit, 42k with ele focus), 70k+ in combat, 200k in PoB. My gear is far from perfect.

DPS hasn't been an issue so far, everything melts.
Last edited by NayleenMT on Dec 27, 2017, 5:42:36 PM
"
NayleenMT wrote:
"
pro2017 wrote:
"
Altheone wrote:
whats you guys dps when you look at volatile dead? with all auras and golem only?

Before I swap to play this my bezeker critical with flame golem was around 51k tooltips for this inquis I believe I will get much higher like maybe 70k tooltips

36k in HO (with inc crit, 42k with ele focus), 70k+ in combat, 200k in PoB. My gear is far from perfect.

DPS hasn't been an issue so far, everything melts.

Nice not bad
But how come so low ??
Weird in pob i check mine when I equip the abyss jewel and unique not on flask I have around 750k overall damage without the endurance charge etc etc
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Last edited by pro2017 on Dec 27, 2017, 5:49:48 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like I said, not an issue anyways, everything just dies.

I have this. But does it work with Volatile Dead etc. having Elemental Focus (as in, cannot inflict elemental ailments)? I am using it to potentially shock all targets.
"
morfodauns wrote:

I have this. But does it work with Volatile Dead etc. having Elemental Focus (as in, cannot inflict elemental ailments)? I am using it to potentially shock all targets.

unearth and your attack can ignite if your gear have fire dmg, also cremation
I have a few questions about what seems to be an amazing build, I just want to understand and play it right. First heres my gear any suggestions would be welcome (disregard the chest piece I only have it for res caps and some life) I am wondering about body swap I have only played two maps with it but if for some reason I wanted to change it up and not use that what do you all suggest for the links? Personally for me I am wanting to use this build as a boss killer -uber atziri of course but more like guardian and shaper farming. So if you can tilt the suggestions with that in mind it would help. I am a level 76 So I have a bit of work to do on the tree.

Edit: I read the culling strike / cremation swap instead of bodyswap. Also, I am still pretty squish when it comes to one shots, I didnt make it past first uber izaro (I do have all my ascendancy but I was just seeing what I could do to him, but still cant beat him.)

Last edited by foster21 on Dec 27, 2017, 8:10:59 PM
Pob dps calcul is wrong because we're using poet's pens.

To get your real dps you need to take average damage and multiply it by your orb per second.

WITH BODYSWAP (means half orbs):
4aps without enchant is 6 orbs per sec. (X6)
4aps with enchant is 8 orbs per sec. (X8)
5aps without enchant is 8 orbs per sec. (X8)
5aps with enchant is 10 orbs per sec. (X10)

With only Unearth and Volatile Dead:
4aps without enchant is 12 orbs per sec. (X12)
4aps with enchant is 16 orbs per sec. (X16)
5aps without enchant is 16 orbs per sec. (X16)
5aps with enchant is 20 orbs per sec. (X20)

Keep in mind that 5aps mode needs 20% increased recovery speed (0.20s cd on pp gems)

Pob dps is wrong because it takes cast speed when what matters is attack speed of frenzy and gems cooldown.

Keep in mind mana sustain problem is a dps loss with frenzy. If you have mana problem its probably better to use barrage and cap your aps with no ias gems.

Warlord mark is real useful
Last edited by Gluitina on Dec 31, 2017, 12:50:26 PM
"
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
"
Warlord's Mark solves all mana sustain problems. IMO It's still really worthy.

But mana sustain doesn't really matter with this build. When you're out of mana you just use a normal attack, proccing your skills anyway.
You really just need to be able to attack 3 times with Frenzy, then have the mana sustain to use it at least once every 10 seconds to keep your charges, which is easily doable even without Alira's mana regen.

Yes it does. Frenzy cap you at 4aps while autoattack don't. Dps loss.

Shouldnt surpass 3.74 APS. it "skips" procs
Maybe your network or computer specs bottleneck it ? Got no skips at 4.0 aps nor 5.0 with 20% inc. Recovery speed...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info