[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

"
Let's see how quickly we can make the Watcher's Eye price drop, boys.

Watcher's Eye is extremely expensive (15-20ex now) and forces you to use Anger, which is a poopy aura for spellcasters - the damage bonus you gain from Anger is similar to what you can get from 1 Abyss jewel with a couple of "Fire damage to Spells" rolls. The only real reason to use it is for the leech from the Jewel, which most of us don't have anyway.

With this setup you have more leech than you would with Watcher's Eye (2% vs. 1-1.5%). As long as you are attacking, you are critting, you are self-igniting and you are leeching. In fact, it's somewhat like over-leech because you keep leeching for 4 seconds after the last enemy dies until the ignite runs out. With 5K life you only need to deal 50K DPS to reach the leech rate cap which means you're always reaching the cap.

This also means you don't need a crappy Warlord's Mark ring or going for Whispers of Doom.

Now what I'm still theorycrafting is what to do about Anger - there's many options but none of them are much better. Herald of Thunder, Vitality, Grace, Arctic Armour, Determination, Blasphemy+Ass Mark and using Faster Attacks + PCOC with Frenzy, maybe even not reserve the mana and go MoM for more survivability, thinking of ways to apply Shock, etc. Any more ideas?

Watcher's eye is still BIS. DPS Loss of amulet BIS slot is like 20% total damage. Ring is less important but still a big loss of DPS. Not counting other loss... Not sure it's worthy over even a Warlord's Mark Ring.

Watcher's Anger is also popular because of other fire builds around. It's price probably won't drop a bit.
Even still, the other rolls on these uniques aren't useless (Dex, Fire res, Cold res, Fire damage, All damage and Attack Speed.

Warlord's Mark is only effective while clearing trash, not while bossing or shaper/elder or meeting curse immune enemies (fast road to RIP). Not going for Whispers of Doom saves us 5 nodes that can be used for more damage or defense too. It's potentially not BIS but it's a 10c solution to a 20ex problem. ;)
Last edited by Zoxjib on Dec 26, 2017, 2:15:07 PM
Hi!

For everyone who are thinking what would be a good alternative for Kaom's I bought Atziri's Splendeour. The +100 health and mana on kill are a nice boost and works well on the current league :)
Another very budget item that works well until you get the currency for Kaom's is Bloodbond.

"
xFL0W wrote:
"
No point to run uber atziri with that shit. I cant deal full damage cause of the reflect. Wtf is this? How can u implement such a stupid mechanic when reflect was reworked? Im mad as fuck

No shit Sherlock Holmes? This Build is terrible for Atziri which is pretty obvious and u should know that. Play something else if u want to do easy Atziri runs.

Nice offence Dude.

I wasnt talking about the mirror Phase, it was the mechanic in General that U reflect 1% your damage in the First Phase. I will buy the Watchers eye later on. Maybe i ll Change pantheons and geht a sibles for the reduced reflec damage. I think we can manage the fight with some Changes compared to shaper or chayula. We got this :)
Last edited by HarryHaller on Dec 26, 2017, 3:18:40 PM
"
"

Watcher's Eye is extremely expensive (15-20ex now) and forces you to use Anger, which is a poopy aura for spellcasters - the damage bonus you gain from Anger is similar to what you can get from 1 Abyss jewel with a couple of "Fire damage to Spells" rolls. The only real reason to use it is for the leech from the Jewel, which most of us don't have anyway.

With this setup you have more leech than you would with Watcher's Eye (2% vs. 1-1.5%). As long as you are attacking, you are critting, you are self-igniting and you are leeching. In fact, it's somewhat like over-leech because you keep leeching for 4 seconds after the last enemy dies until the ignite runs out. With 5K life you only need to deal 50K DPS to reach the leech rate cap which means you're always reaching the cap.

This also means you don't need a crappy Warlord's Mark ring or going for Whispers of Doom.

Now what I'm still theorycrafting is what to do about Anger - there's many options but none of them are much better. Herald of Thunder, Vitality, Grace, Arctic Armour, Determination, Blasphemy+Ass Mark and using Faster Attacks + PCOC with Frenzy, maybe even not reserve the mana and go MoM for more survivability, thinking of ways to apply Shock, etc. Any more ideas?

Watcher's eye is still BIS. DPS Loss of amulet BIS slot is like 20% total damage. Ring is less important but still a big loss of DPS. Not counting other loss... Not sure it's worthy over even a Warlord's Mark Ring.

Watcher's Anger is also popular because of other fire builds around. It's price probably won't drop a bit.

It's quiet a shame since you sound like you know what you're talking about but in reality you really don't.

At max assuming you had a BIS rare amulet, you would lose some life, res and ~25% spell damage and ~35% multi (possibly ~35% crit) In return you gain ~70% fire damage while ignited.

Where did your magical 20% total damage loss come from?

Onto rings. I have failed yet again to see how it is a "big loss of dps". Not to mention all the useful stats you gain using a cheap Mokou's. In addition, Mouku's provide some increased fire damage as well, about ~half of what you could possibly gain from a BIS opal ring, which I assume not everyone has. The only useful stat I see this build losing is at most life, and some elemental resistances and some crit multi, depending on how good your rare accessories are.

On the other hand, you could quite easily purchase multiple GG 4stat jewels for cheaper than the price of a watcher's eye with anger leech.

One could argue that you would then require to keep increased crit strikes for boss fights over ele focus (this would be a dps loss, but for my setup currently I actually only lose 6.5% dps if I switch my current amulet and ring and keep inc crit vs if i were to keep my current amulet and ring and use ele focus), but then again you would be igniting as well with the multiple instances of cremations spewing all over the place.

However, unlike you I would need to test the viability of self igniting using only cremation before I use blatantly false statement like "20% of dps loss from amulet" "big loss of dps using rings".
SPorkTots
It's my third league and the only objectives i have while playing this game is beating up
Shaper/U-Atziri/Guardians and what not ggg throw in as endgame bosses over and over til my hand bleeds and thats all I enjoy. Once i beat T16 maps or 17 or 1229 whatever bs I move on and never look back. The rest is all about the endgame bosses. So please someone tell me now if this build is good enough for endgame bosses ? or does it have major problem with U-Atziri new reflect mechanic ? So far i can see the build is fun and somewhat OP up to shaper. But a hiccup at U-Atziri just plain sucks and no excuses if that is true especially for this kinda budget.

Thanks folks
"
B_L_3_E_D wrote:

It's quiet a shame since you sound like you know what you're talking about but in reality you really don't.

At max assuming you had a BIS rare amulet, you would lose some life, res and ~25% spell damage and ~35% multi (possibly ~35% crit) In return you gain ~70% fire damage while ignited.

Where did your magical 20% total damage loss come from?

Onto rings. I have failed yet again to see how it is a "big loss of dps". Not to mention all the useful stats you gain using a cheap Mokou's. In addition, Mouku's provide some increased fire damage as well, about ~half of what you could possibly gain from a BIS opal ring, which I assume not everyone has. The only useful stat I see this build losing is at most life, and some elemental resistances and some crit multi, depending on how good your rare accessories are.

On the other hand, you could quite easily purchase multiple GG 4stat jewels for cheaper than the price of a watcher's eye with anger leech.

One could argue that you would then require to keep increased crit strikes for boss fights over ele focus (this would be a dps loss, but for my setup currently I actually only lose 6.5% dps if I switch my current amulet and ring and keep inc crit vs if i were to keep my current amulet and ring and use ele focus), but then again you would be igniting as well with the multiple instances of cremations spewing all over the place.

However, unlike you I would need to test the viability of self igniting using only cremation before I use blatantly false statement like "20% of dps loss from amulet" "big loss of dps using rings".

https://puu.sh/yOmYF/24c94eadc5.png
Other side it's a 16% effective DPS loss. Mybad.

Ring is a lesser loss of dps, but still nearly 5-10%. Can be solved by using a COH WM ring.

Don't speak badly about people you don't even know.

Though you could use Haste to reach the real cap of ICR. I'll theorycraft that.

Edit:
also you didn't consider the Mana cost of Frenzy. You'll leech no mana without Warlord, you need another source of mana income. If not that's a brute mana loss. (Warlord Mark is enough to provide mana for 5APS Frenzy)

You can't either use Bisco as you're actively using your amulet to survive. It's a big income boost with shaper/elder items.

Finally about your skill tree, it's better to use Deep Wisdom near Heart and Soul. Cost is the same (3pts) but instead of 30int you get 30int 10dex 20mana 20es
Last edited by Gluitina on Dec 26, 2017, 9:30:02 PM
Lol what this
U should know vd is bad for atziri or uber

I suggest you play other build first before starting this been reading atziri 1 shot me ...

No idea what u guy say Lose if of dps etc
I suggest u play berzeker critical vd poet before start this it will help a lot

With the pob I have make using op on have around 750k dps without 2x opal ring and use warlock mark
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
"

By the way, here's a slightly optimized version of the tree: http://poeurl.com/bHY3

good luck fixing res with 3 rares

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info