[3.3] The Poet's Pen Volatile Dead/Bodyswap "Shaper Down"[Inquisitor ✌]

This seems to be a vry fun build to play, congratz!
♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈
Ign: @Yavvyred
STD Trade/Craft/Carry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289358
"
Aevaris wrote:
"
"
Aevaris wrote:
Hello, great build.

Where do you get your dex from? I see your current character isn't using starkonja and I only see +17 dex on one item, including your gems in tree. How do you get enough dex for gems?

He has a +30 dex node in the tree. Also all the +10dex nodes which are on the way.

But that isn't enough dex by my calculations. I've also taken all of those nodes and find I need +50 on my gear to do lvl 15 spells. I'll go back and check to see if I missed any though.

I have 104 of dex in the tree + 17 amulet = 121

"

Yes, it is my dear friend! Enjoy the build

"
Aevaris wrote:
"
"
Aevaris wrote:
Hello, great build.

Where do you get your dex from? I see your current character isn't using starkonja and I only see +17 dex on one item, including your gems in tree. How do you get enough dex for gems?

He has a +30 dex node in the tree. Also all the +10dex nodes which are on the way.

But that isn't enough dex by my calculations. I've also taken all of those nodes and find I need +50 on my gear to do lvl 15 spells. I'll go back and check to see if I missed any though.

You only need 110 dex for level 20 GMP. Make sure you're not leveling up your Frenzy gem because it works the same at level 1 and doesn't require 154 dex like it does at level 20.
"
yavvyred wrote:

It is super fun, if a bit pricey. If you have the means I highly recommend it :)

You get to play with THREE of the new skills AND the new uniques / shaper /elder items. Perfect !
"
smelcami wrote:

I have 104 of dex in the tree + 17 amulet = 121

Ah, I see where I misstepped. You don't level frenzy. That was killing me. Thanks!
Last edited by Aevaris on Dec 26, 2017, 12:20:22 PM
"
No point to run uber atziri with that shit. I cant deal full damage cause of the reflect. Wtf is this? How can u implement such a stupid mechanic when reflect was reworked? Im mad as fuck

No shit Sherlock Holmes? This Build is terrible for Atziri which is pretty obvious and u should know that. Play something else if u want to do easy Atziri runs.
hey, im trying this build and its sooo much fun. But i have trouble with abyss, every time a open one abyss the yellow mobs are pissing me off, may i get a sugestion to make more "confortable"to play?
ps: i was using a tabula then i noticed that i only need 4-5l in armor, i did right changing to carcass?
thank you ;D
I'm gonna try a 5aps with some kickass items later. Had to rebuild a bit the tree and items to optimize damage.

Check my Stream later if you wanna see it while I try... Should be more than 500k real dps (not the dps shown in POB which takes wrongly cast speed into account)
Last edited by Gluitina on Dec 26, 2017, 12:58:47 PM
Let's see how quickly we can make the Watcher's Eye price drop, boys.

Watcher's Eye is extremely expensive (15-20ex now) and forces you to use Anger, which is a poopy aura for spellcasters - the damage bonus you gain from Anger is similar to what you can get from 1 Abyss jewel with a couple of "Fire damage to Spells" rolls. The only real reason to use it is for the leech from the Jewel, which most of us don't have anyway.

With this setup you have more leech than you would with Watcher's Eye (2% vs. 1-1.5%). As long as you are attacking, you are critting, you are self-igniting and you are leeching. In fact, it's somewhat like over-leech because you keep leeching for 4 seconds after the last enemy dies until the ignite runs out. With 5K life you only need to deal 50K DPS to reach the leech rate cap which means you're always reaching the cap.

This also means you don't need a crappy Warlord's Mark ring or going for Whispers of Doom.

Now what I'm still theorycrafting is what to do about Anger - there's many options but none of them are much better. Herald of Thunder, Vitality, Grace, Arctic Armour, Determination, Blasphemy+Ass Mark and using Faster Attacks + PCOC with Frenzy, maybe even not reserve the mana and go MoM for more survivability, thinking of ways to apply Shock, etc. Any more ideas?

By the way, here's a slightly optimized version of the tree: http://poeurl.com/bHY3
Last edited by Zoxjib on Dec 26, 2017, 2:05:37 PM
How big of a dps loss can I expect if I choose to go with scion over inquisitor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info