[3.2] 15c BF BoR Champion/Zerker- Shaper/Guardians/Red Elder & Guardians/Uber Lab/Atziri

Take a 30 intel node, and wear a amulet with intel in the implicit.
I just want to say now that I'm farming yellow maps, this is REALLY strong. I've rolled 5 builds this league to maps, and this is my favorite. Frostblades was good clear speed but pretty squishy. This is complete faceroll and pretty tanky.

I contemplated saving for a 6L Belly, or attempting to 6L one myself but I realized this build can hit 6K HP no prob ( though it will take till about 90 before it happens) so it's pretty w/e. In most cases something that oneshots you with 6K hp, will probably oneshot you if you had 6.5K hp, so the investment in a chasing a belly is pretty...last priority IMO
It all brings me to a question though, which has probably been addessed in the past, but please save me from digging: Why is Bladeflurry so strong? tooltip DPS is 100% inaccurate, and you absolutely faceroll shit. How is it calculated, in laymens terms?

I mean yes, the stat stick really helps for trash, but it's also VERY good single target.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 21, 2017, 10:17:31 PM
"
kingzero753 wrote:
"
Justinglee wrote:

What I can suggest for newer players is to craft their own axes. Buy a ilevel 80 base axe and mace (1-3c each) and craft mods accordingly for bossing (2 X gain phy as extra fire and cold for axe), (Fire explode and gain phy as extra fire for mace), it will be a lot cheaper than buying one from the market right now.

After reading your comment i went ahead and bought a ilvl 80+ base and spent a few minutes crafting.

How do i proceed. Exalt it? Multimod?

I assume its pretty good right? Crit chance is global?

Nope Crit chance isn't global. Craft Crit Multiplier on it.
"
CTthrower wrote:
Hey, Thanks for the guide!

I see you have a level 1 frenzy in your budget setup that is linked but you say to use a level 20 one. Whats right here?

Also how am i supposed to be using frenzy? Just start off (for charges) and end engagements (for cull) with it?

I just started using frenzy recently so that's why it's 1. Level it all the way up! Yeah it's for keeping charges up against those long bosses like Shaper and for culling.

"
Justinglee wrote:
@Baldersh.

Very very nice build overall, easily best of the league for me with the budget i set myself.

I got a BoR with the Blade Flurry enchant for 20c 2 days back - talk about value.

Whilst you're definitely right with 'budget' - (I foresee the prices of these items increasing a fuckton because of what this build brings.) a lot of new players who just started the league will find it incredibly annoying that prices of such items has increased tenfold.

What I can suggest for newer players is to craft their own axes. Buy a ilevel 80 base axe and mace (1-3c each) and craft mods accordingly for bossing (2 X gain phy as extra fire and cold for axe), (Fire explode and gain phy as extra fire for mace), it will be a lot cheaper than buying one from the market right now.

Thanks for the kind words! That's a good idea. Also, a Death's Hand for single-target (dirt cheap) and the enemies explode stat-stick for AoE (that mod by itself is still not too expensive, around 3-5c) will do just fine all the way through the game :)

"
LiquidChair wrote:
great build enjoying it sofar , but i wish there were separate "leveling tree stages" in path of building though, i kinda dont fully understand yet, what passives im supposed to rush first and what to leave till last levels, im passing on sockets atm idk if its good :D

I'm sorry I'm slacking pretty hard on improving the leveling section. Need to get it done soon. Yeah jewel sockets won't be a huge deal until later on.

"
hexard wrote:

hey, do i need to change anything for my budget build or is this good enough?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/hexard/characters?characterName=EQJUGGE

Damage is looking great! With your final ascendancy you'll definitely be ready for most anything. Focus on maxing resistances and getting more hp now.

"
Sixtine wrote:
Hi, great build with one of the smoothest leveling phase I ever had.
However I have two questions :

- Why Punishement over a defensive curse like Enfeeble ?

- Why Ancestral Protector over Ancestral Warchief ?

Thanks in advance for the answers and good job with the build.

Thanks!

1) Near the end-game, I always go for more damage over survivability. That's just how I like to play though, hell I play with my life currently reduced to 5700 for even more damage :) You can certainly play with whatever curse you like though, enfeeble is a good option.

2) Blade Flurry scales disgustingly well with attack speed. The quicker you get up to max stacks the more damage you do. Ancestral Warchief wins for certain skills like BF and Molten Strike.

"
Kefka92 wrote:
For a 6-link setup do you think dmg on full life would be better than maybe maim or faster attacks for this build?

Unless there's been a change I don't know about, dmg on full life doesn't work when you're taking DoT like Blood Rage. You can notice your hp never quite goes to full (always a couple of hp less). So I wouldn't go with it unless you're not gonna use blood rage, but I would use blood rage over it anyways :)

"
kingzero753 wrote:
After reading your comment i went ahead and bought a ilvl 80+ base and spent a few minutes crafting.

Verified

How do i proceed. Exalt it? Multimod?

I assume its pretty good right? Crit chance is global?
Crit chance should be global. If it's following what the devs have said before anyways. Any conditional effect like that should be global even though it looks like it isn't.

"
ruktuim wrote:
New-ish Player here,

How do you guys manage mana with this build? I find I keep running out, when using whirling blades for movement. Even during fights I can find myself running out."

Do you have the ascendancy point for mana leech yet? If not then grab a mana leech node on the duelist side in the meantime and spec out of it later. You'll eventually run out of mana whirling unless you're killing things but I don't think I've ever run out of mana during a fight.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
Day 2:

Getting to 90 in around an hour, still enjoying the build everything is smooth.

Switched to gloves with +20 faster attacks and +16 chance to bleed and ditched BoR ( you can then use a 20/20 melee phys and gain more attack speed than the one from BoR ) + it doesn't require a 6L chest anymore.
The level of chance to bleed doesn't really matter at this point.

Now trying to get an astral plate with elder mod 2% of life regenerated per second just as a QoL there are surely better options :)

Anndd considering options for helmet, will depend of astral plate roll.
Last step will be to upgrade my two stat stick wich are really bad at a point i don't even want to link them in your thread :D

To be continued ...

Awesome! Good call on the gloves. Definitely out of the budget version but certainly cheaper than a 6-l belly or something like that.

"
dholly wrote:
Just tried shaper with my current (kinda shitty :D) gear and it wasnt really hard, i was able to tank hes laser and my dps on him was pretty good. But not a deathless, though (died twice), im only 89 lvl and have 5.7 hp, so i think with more life nodes in tree it will be easier.
Thanks for great build again, and now im going to try it with 6l.

Glad to hear it! I find the more you do Shaper the easier he gets. I did him so many times early in the league I swear I'm on autopilot half the time now.

"
B3rbo wrote:
where do you get so much int? I'm around 50ish level and I'm having troubles ^^

Exactly where DamageIncorporated said :) That one node and just a tiny bit of int on your gear should be all you need.

"
I just want to say now that I'm farming yellow maps, this is REALLY strong. I've rolled 5 builds this league to maps, and this is my favorite. Frostblades was good clear speed but pretty squishy. This is complete faceroll and pretty tanky.

I contemplated saving for a 6L Belly, or attempting to 6L one myself but I realized this build can hit 6K HP no prob ( though it will take till about 90 before it happens) so it's pretty w/e. In most cases something that oneshots you with 6K hp, will probably oneshot you if you had 6.5K hp, so the investment in a chasing a belly is pretty...last priority IMO
It all brings me to a question though, which has probably been addessed in the past, but please save me from digging: Why is Bladeflurry so strong? tooltip DPS is 100% inaccurate, and you absolutely faceroll shit. How is it calculated, in laymens terms?

I mean yes, the stat stick really helps for trash, but it's also VERY good single target.

First of all, thanks for all the help you've been providing people in this thread. Much appreciated.

Glad you're enjoying it! Tooltip dps is fairly broken for most things in the game, but with BF you'll see it's not DPS but average damage. So it's not taking into account at all your attack speed, and as well it's not taking into account the stage bonus (20% more per stage, 6 stages), AND it's not taking into account the explosion stage which is essentially another 6 hits at full stage damage. The tooltip value is just not taking pretty much all of the damage of BF into account, just the weakest hit of the attack.

"
Justinglee wrote:
Nope Crit chance isn't global. Craft Crit Multiplier on it.

I think it is actually! Assuming GGG is sticking with their own design principles here, any conditional mod is global even when it looks like it wouldn't be.

"
Still got 1shot, eventually going to try reach 8.5hp with gg gear.

Thanks for the build btw.

No problem! I really am interested to know what sort of things are one-shotting you at that life-pool. There's very little that's one-shotting me and I'm at 5700 hp. You running some crazy map mods?
Last edited by Baldersh on Dec 22, 2017, 2:04:24 AM
Ah I'm just following what is written on http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=One%20Hand%20Axe

Says here its local for Crit chance so I just assumed so.

Anyhow, Looking forward to when u upgrade your guide :)

"
Ghato123 wrote:
For mapping ill probably gonna throw away Frenzy+Culling and replace it with Warlords Mark/Orb Of Storms that kind of something and go for 3l there in place of WB. Then in 4link there will be WB+Fortify+FA+Blood Magic. That should make movement so much easier.
Some thoughts about this being bad? Becouse i know thats good :D

Any thoughts ?
"
"
Baldersh wrote:

"
Still got 1shot, eventually going to try reach 8.5hp with gg gear.

Thanks for the build btw.

No problem! I really am interested to know what sort of things are one-shotting you at that life-pool. There's very little that's one-shotting me and I'm at 5700 hp. You running some crazy map mods?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k5V-fqJx5w

CC + accuracy almost guaranteed getting a crit from the boss but the only real dmg mod is 44% increased critical multiplier.

I mean, you have ToH and Lions Roar and didn't use any, no fortify either. Without proper mitigation of course you will get one shot even with 7k hp. Poe is all about layered defenses, the map mods took away your only defense at the moment (evasion).
I love your guide, channel and amount of interaction you do with people who come to check it out.
I would just ask for a "tiny" bit of change, to help noobs like myself.

The whole thread has tons info but it would be so cool if the main page would contain more info (and info you wrote as replies, some FAQ maybe) and to be formatted in this way for example https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1140436

Eventually, you can even expand on FAQ so people can immediately find what they're looking for :)

keep up the good work!
"
Ghato123 wrote:
"
Ghato123 wrote:
For mapping ill probably gonna throw away Frenzy+Culling and replace it with Warlords Mark/Orb Of Storms that kind of something and go for 3l there in place of WB. Then in 4link there will be WB+Fortify+FA+Blood Magic. That should make movement so much easier.
Some thoughts about this being bad? Becouse i know thats good :D

Any thoughts ?

I answered this a page or two back. Total waste of your one curse to choose. Go with Punishment ( for dps) or Enfeeble ( really good defensive option).
You have all the leech you need. It just doesn't make sense to use. Endurance charges would be nice, but you don't take additional charges in the tree, and it's not worth it. If you want defense use Enfeeble.

( crappy mid tier rolls...only payed 45 chaos. Someday I'll get a GG pair.)
Is my set up. Someday I'll have a little more intel and I'll max out Enfeeble.
Bloodmagic for Whirling Blades works but we're pretty short on sockets.

As for the front page suggestions, I agree but Poor Baldersh lol. He's got his hands full XD. He's probably like ho boy what'd I get myself into :P
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Dec 22, 2017, 12:27:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info