Keep Crashing (Unable to create index buffer)

I keep getting these crashes happens both in maps and hideout. I've tried to upgrade drivers re-installing the game. changing settings windowed/windowed fullscreen/fullscreen

Nothing helps and its really getting on my nerves it only happens on my laptop 980 GM Nvidia card

it's different lines each time but the latest crash stated

"": in source code file:
f:buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\vertexbufferd3d11.cpp at line 24,
processing file:
Error: -2005270523

I really hope this can be fixed soon I can just feel that im gonna die to a crash sooner or later.
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
IGN: Angryweasel / PopTheWeasel
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2019, 7:10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I join your problem! Since recent times, errors and outages of the video driver in the game have started.
Hi,

I have the same problem, just crashes randomly with same error code...
Crashes are also occuring in PUBG, and screen freeze in dota 2...
No idea what's going on...

This is still an issue :(
"I'm afraid if I stop drinking the cumulative hangover will kill me" ~ Sterling Archer
I am adding up too to the crash list. Facing this crash since the new update. Tried to contact the tech support but they couldn't help me either. Not sure whats causing the issue. Hardware or Driver,....

If i install very old drivers, game not crashing but the driver is meant for Win8.1 and game performs very poorly. New drivers game crash as soon as login and Screen flickers, error popps up and bham system crash. frozen. Force restart.

Really irritating when everytime u need to force restart ur system. Hope someone will help to solve this problem.

EDIT:
for the info,
I am running on ASUS K55VJ laptop with Windows 10 x64 installed on it.
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GT635m - 2GB Dedicated Mem.
Windows updated, Bios Up to date and all other drivers updated too.
Except GPU Drivers.
Last edited by vishwanathptl on Dec 23, 2017, 2:41:11 AM
An update to my issues

I tried a tip from reddit where you update the windows folder permissions which someone said could be the issue this didnt work

also it seems that I crash a lot more if I have MTX on which is quite annoying so everytime i play on my laptop i have to remove all mtx.

also just got another error and it said it was the CloakOfDefiance.dds but im not wearing one there was no one else in my hideout....

My mate crashed 5 ports on his Overgrown Ruin map, I jumped in and also crashed with Index Buffer. Haven't had an issue before this either.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/391726685394829317/396430743590404117/unknown.png

For picture proof.
Thought a lot on this crash and remembered my system crashed(Froze) while playing another game(Cosmoteer) and this concludes that the PathofExile is not doing anything here(at least in my case) which caused my system to crash/froze. It should be Drivers issue.

So i tried installing different drivers, couple of old drivers didn't work and finally i found a driver in my system and installed it.

However if i put my laptop to sleep and resume, start the game it crashes again. So this is purely driver issue.

By the way i am on 372.70 driver version. Hope this helps others too :D

Try different drivers. Latest ones are buggy as hell :D

GL guys, Happy gaming :D

EDIT:
Not Fixed, :( it happened again today. Guess its not the issue with the drivers. Looking forward for the fix.
Last edited by vishwanathptl on Jan 6, 2018, 5:00:28 PM
"
vishwanathptl wrote:
Thought a lot on this crash and remembered my system crashed(Froze) while playing another game(Cosmoteer) and this concludes that the PathofExile is not doing anything here(at least in my case) which caused my system to crash/froze. It should be Drivers issue.

So i tried installing different drivers, couple of old drivers didn't work and finally i found a driver in my system and installed it.

Guess it :D crashing fixed. However if i put my laptop to sleep and resume, start the game it crashes again. So this is purely driver issue.

By the way i am on 372.70 driver version. Hope this helps others too :D

Try different drivers. Latest ones are buggy as hell :D

GL guys, Happy gaming :D

I tried that driver as well and didnt work even used DDU driver cleaner first to make sure no left over files where there to screw with anything and also deleted all shaders from the shader folders.
i thought i was the only one
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2058926/page/1#p15144026

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info