Path of Exile 3.1.0: War for the Atlas Patch Notes

"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:
I smell Summoners to be the new META !!! :)

There will be a lot of Necromancers in this league.... :)

I wish I knew what those new 49 uniques are....maybe I would start another char...Summoner here I come :D

Only SRS got some (small) buff. Skeletons are too slow and fragile to be useful, and zombies/specters were never really good and got nerfed even more. So it would be a totem league - DP aside they weren't changed.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
Zac89 wrote:
"
MFJones wrote:
My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

Somehow implying your opinion and/or questions matter more than others? You've played since closed beta, big whoop. So have I on original account, before migrating to steam. Doesn't mean I get to act like spoiled child and throw a tantrum. This isn't an argument against what you've said mind you, just the way you've put it. Probably why the devs prefer going to reddit as opposed to their own forums.

Edit: Didn't save the rest so adding it now. The fact you spent more doesn't mean s**t either. Not happy with a patch? Speak with your wallet. You chose to help ggg by buying packs, of your own free will. Doesn't mean you get preferential treatment.

read the rest of my post please

My concerns are continuosly being buried by people who have $0 - $50 supporter packs and highest characters at level 90 so i will have to repost. I WANT AN ANSWER GGG.

chris why do you keep nerfing things? do you just want us to play vanilla sunder builds for the rest of our lives? seems like such a waste considering how much potential the game has for more creative builds. CAN WE HAVE CAST ON CRIT BACK ALREADY? why does it matter if certain builds are OP in a game that is mostly just gonna be played as single player or co-op anyway?? It's not like PVP is a real thing, nobody cares!

Meanwhile we still have builds like traps and mine builds running rampant and one shotting end-game content like atziri, shaper, and uber izario. how is this fair??? i've been supporting this game since closed beta (look at my supporter packs) and i only end up playing less and less patch after patch simply because there just aren't enough fun builds for me to try anymore

why???? back then when i played HC i would roll 10-15 builds each league. now i can barely justifying rerolling more than 1 character because nothing interests me anymore. your NEW content is made obsolete becausee you're changing and forcing the meta too much. you guys need to relax on the nerfing. this game should allow players the freedom to play and create what they want. PLUS, most of these things being nerfed are mostly high-end stuff that majority of players won't be able to achieve anyway, or takes a lot of time/currency investment in order to achieve. I understand nerfing broken and cheap builds but nerfing items like acuity or old builds like CoC just doesnt make any sense to me when there are builds that currently exist that take low currency and time investment to achieve power levels even higher than old CoC (eg. GC mines).

im sorry but if this continues i dont think i can continue to support this game. I am at a point where i am starting to regret the thousands of dollars $$$ i've thrown at you guys because the game just isnt as fun anymore.

too many people are OK with the game nerfing everything to shit. there is almost no build diversity anymore. and this isnt even about playing the most META OP builds. the problem is there are NOT ENOUGH META BUILDS TO PLAY. I can easily count at least half the skill gems in this game aren't even being used, what a waste of resources.

and for the record, i dont give a fuck about the exp nerf. level 100 should never be easy to achieve to begin with (like diablo 2 for example). but the problem is again with GGG. they did not properly manage this problem in the beginning. they allowed getting 100 to become easy with the power creep and fast clearing meta they introduced, whether intentional or not. they should've been regulating the exp to 100 a lot sooner and in a much better manner. now they're getting shit for it from the casuals because everyone got too comfortable with the fact that level 100 is a possibility for most people if they put enough time into it. THIS IS GGG'S FAULT. but i dont give a fuck, this is the least of my concerns.

My main concern is the fact that they continuously nerf things, regular/force the meta, and pidgeonhole the player base into playing the skills they want people to play for that patch/league. they nerf so much shit but don't buff enough to balance out the nerfs. why do this when the game was designed to offer the players to create their own build and play the way they want?? why can't i go back and revisit builds i've played 2,3, or even 4 leagues ago? why must things be made constantly obsolete ?

instead of nerfing things they think are overpowered or too prominently played during the last league/update, they should just buff everything else that is currently underpowered/unerplayed so more players are incentivized to try them out and create builds with them. i dont see myself rolling more than 1 build this league, and probably won't last more than 2 weeks before i go back to playing other games. what a shame, especially with the new end-game content too.
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Dec 6, 2017, 1:05:58 AM
"
"
Naeblis720 wrote:
Im really confused. While i will say that there are certain things in these patch notes im not a huge fan of, i cant believe how little people seem to understand of how certain interactions will work. First off baron was nerfed but iron will works on minions now...effectively giving you a buff to old baron. MOST of the nerfs people complain about there is something else that got a buff orr rework that will SIGNIFICANTLY buff the other skills/items/etc. And thats just the stuff that i see readily in the patch notes. I honestly cant wait to see what else comes out once people get there hands on some of the new supports etc. I guarantee in like a month there will be several builf styles that NEVER would have had a chance before these changes.

My only real question now is do i go self cast GC or Static strike for my league starter.

P.S. Ya'll are entitled to your oppinions, but maybe look at the big picture and test some of this stuff out before reacting like two year olds who are told to eat their veggies. Try em. You might like how veggies taste.

I don't really think you grasp the point people are upset about. Most of the people who are upset are so because this item that finally made zombie builds end game viable after massive investment is being, are you listening now? RETROACTIVELY NERFED. I am all for change as long as the item being changed goes legacy. Its also frustrating because the builds this is meant to fix are not going to be any worse for wear. This item is also not cross class/build enabling like Kaoms, Shavs, Acuity etc. Neither is its existence in some way shape or form negatively effecting the physical stability of the servers like with Reach of the Empire and CoC trigger uniqes. There is no reason in my mind why this change had to be retroactive and gut the ability of a skill to be end game viable. The only actual reason I can come up with is that someone on the balance team REALLY hates zombies as a skill and wanted to give a big ol' middle finger to the community.

So I implore you again GGG, please give us a reason why. Or better yet just make Baron legacy.

FYI I think the nerf was less about Zombies and more about SRS/Spectres/Skelies. That said, you're probably right that someone on the team hates zombies. Just try dual wielding mon'tregul's grasp...
Hugely disappointed with the fact literally nothing will change from the boring 3.0 build meta that's now been cemented in place because of this update.

Good to know the game is still revolving around the exact same 15 skill gems as last league / turmoil / mayhem was.

But I'm sure most people will care about 3.2 when it comes out in another four months when the majority of players quit within first month yet again due to no real customization anymore
Lycosidae: Chance to drop from monsters has been greatly reduced. This item was being used on a significant portion of melee characters across all levels as an extremely cheap way to get around accuracy requirements.

Maybe accuracy is a shit mechanic that needs to be looked at if a significant portion of melee characters are forced to circumvent it?
"
thurmack wrote:
"
"
Naeblis720 wrote:
Im really confused. While i will say that there are certain things in these patch notes im not a huge fan of, i cant believe how little people seem to understand of how certain interactions will work. First off baron was nerfed but iron will works on minions now...effectively giving you a buff to old baron. MOST of the nerfs people complain about there is something else that got a buff orr rework that will SIGNIFICANTLY buff the other skills/items/etc. And thats just the stuff that i see readily in the patch notes. I honestly cant wait to see what else comes out once people get there hands on some of the new supports etc. I guarantee in like a month there will be several builf styles that NEVER would have had a chance before these changes.

My only real question now is do i go self cast GC or Static strike for my league starter.

P.S. Ya'll are entitled to your oppinions, but maybe look at the big picture and test some of this stuff out before reacting like two year olds who are told to eat their veggies. Try em. You might like how veggies taste.

I don't really think you grasp the point people are upset about. Most of the people who are upset are so because this item that finally made zombie builds end game viable after massive investment is being, are you listening now? RETROACTIVELY NERFED. I am all for change as long as the item being changed goes legacy. Its also frustrating because the builds this is meant to fix are not going to be any worse for wear. This item is also not cross class/build enabling like Kaoms, Shavs, Acuity etc. Neither is its existence in some way shape or form negatively effecting the physical stability of the servers like with Reach of the Empire and CoC trigger uniqes. There is no reason in my mind why this change had to be retroactive and gut the ability of a skill to be end game viable. The only actual reason I can come up with is that someone on the balance team REALLY hates zombies as a skill and wanted to give a big ol' middle finger to the community.

So I implore you again GGG, please give us a reason why. Or better yet just make Baron legacy.

FYI I think the nerf was less about Zombies and more about SRS/Spectres/Skelies. That said, you're probably right that someone on the team hates zombies. Just try dual wielding mon'tregul's grasp...

I know why it happened, it makes no real sense when god tier uniques that give laughably more power than this item go legacy. Like I can not wrap my head around this retroactive nerf, at all. I've been wanting to do a zombie core build for ever now and with the nerfs to VP and Baron it is not going to be end game viable.

Also thanks but ill stick to Mon'tregul's and legacy United in Dream.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
rly guys? sunder untouched?..................

Why would it be touched? It's 5x slower and shit compared to every projectile skill in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"
Doucher wrote:
Lycosidae: Chance to drop from monsters has been greatly reduced. This item was being used on a significant portion of melee characters across all levels as an extremely cheap way to get around accuracy requirements.

Maybe accuracy is a shit mechanic that needs to be looked at if a significant portion of melee characters are forced to circumvent it?

Maybe move RT to scion/duelist area? Sucks you're forced to get acc as ranger/shadow, if you wanna go crit or not.
But hey, at least you buffed EQ, Reave and Static Strike - they will now hit 4 pixels next to your character instead of 3. While projectile skills hit entire screen.

Overall, another very weak patch.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Dec 6, 2017, 1:19:00 AM
RIP TV and WM. It was the most fun I've ever had playing this game. Now, back to mediocrity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info