Path of Exile 3.1.0: War for the Atlas Patch Notes

Well, guess that's it for me. Yeah, I know, I'm such a huge loss, right?

But still, I can't be the only one who was pretty put off by all those nerfs but held out hope that things would be okay after the promised buffs only to be utterly, completely, thoroughly disappointed.

You added new tiers of flat regen? Who cares? That regen is never going to be enough to save you from the amount of damage things do in this game. It's a dead stat to roll. Dressing up the corpse in some finery doesn't make it less dead.

Physical damage while wielding a shield is no longer restricted solely to melee. O...kay? So now wanders can use shield nodes and get damage? EK gets damage while holding a shield? Am I missing something here or does this just give even less reason to play true melee skills like heavy strike, dual strike, cleave, etc? Especially with the overnerf to leech. Vaal Pact needed nerfed, yes, but did slayer need nerfed that hard? Did the leech notables? Vaal Pact is now basically "take this to have slightly more leech than you could get before 3.1 without Vaal Pact, at the cost of all your life regen." How are people playing those skills supposed to survive and still do enough DPS?

Answer: They aren't, go play a different skill. Screw you for wanting to have fun!

I don't get it, GGG. How about you just tell us how you want us to play and remove all the other options? This game is a mile wide but an inch deep. So many illusions of choice, but the truth is if you want to see anything beyond t13 maps there are only a handful of builds that will do it. And there are even less in 3.1.1. I can't see any builds that I want to play among them, so I think I'll bow out.
Last edited by Mentidabrony on Dec 5, 2017, 8:38:43 PM
Didn't find change to Ice Spear. Very dissapointed :(
Additional projectiles as it levels? At least treshold jewel similar to other spells? Something?
Last edited by Aristarx on Dec 5, 2017, 8:38:13 PM
"
Deziowy wrote:
Bloodseeker meta ?

Brightbeak too!
"
Mentidabrony wrote:

Physical damage while wielding a shield is no longer restricted solely to melee. O...kay? So now wanders can use shield nodes and get damage? EK gets damage while holding a shield? Am I missing something here or does this just give even less reason to play true melee skills like heavy strike, dual strike, cleave, etc? Especially with the overnerf to leech. Vaal Pact needed nerfed, yes, but did slayer need nerfed that hard? Did the leech notables? Vaal Pact is now basically "take this to have slightly more leech than you could get before 3.1 without Vaal Pact, at the cost of all your life regen." How are people playing those skills supposed to survive and still do enough DPS?

Uhh i don't know how to break it to you, but i'm pretty sure Slayer will be completely fine.
"At the cost of all of your life regen", yes, ALL that life regen, the insane amounts of life regen...Seriously? :D
I would like to know if the Dark pact totem is nerfed since they reduce the more damage with casting on life.
These last few days have been like Christmas. I love this shit.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
^^
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Was hoping for a change to AOE scaling but I guess it will keep sucking. Not very interesting changes IMO. Some convenient changes - good. Buff to xp 95-100 seems kinda stupid but I don't really care.
Solar Guard Spectres Untouched, Glacial Cascade Mines buffed by the new Jewel... EZ OFF-SCREEN ENDGAME BOSSES... SO THEY SAID "Vaal Pact was making things Trivial"...... and they just let these untouched.... seriously
No new tabula rasa 3d art?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info