[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hxa6d/quick_sunder_testing_not_a_nerf/

here is the link of said tests. Can anyone comment on this ?
"
Mutasyon wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hxa6d/quick_sunder_testing_not_a_nerf/

here is the link of said tests. Can anyone comment on this ?

TL/DR, the bug was only happening occasionally/rarely and it had no significant boost to DPS when it did happen. Now the fix has taken place, it will have no effect on DPS in terms of comparison between last season and this coming 3.1 Abyss season.

Sunder is still a god-tier skill for levelling, amazing for early content, the Lab and mid-tier mapping. The hysterical snowflakes screaming about Sunder's end-time's coming will now have to crawl back into their basements and debate something else. For the rest of us, it will be business as usual..... and business is good.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 6, 2017, 8:18:13 PM
Adam, what are your thoughts on changing a few passives towards the new Vaal Pact? This isn't asking if its better, etc, or if losing life regen is worth it or not.

If you were forced to choose Vaal Pact, and probably Vitality Void and Hematophagy too, which sacrifices on your current passive tree would you make? Most obvious to me is changing Oak for Kill All, since Oak gives life regen and we're hungry for more passive points. Then maybe dropping Shaper, which costs 2 points and also gives life regen. It's unclear how much losing the mana regen will hurt though. And remove the Combat Stimina branch, which costs 3 points and does give life regen. What about Warrior's Blood and the nodes to the right of it?

You could call this the "Vaal Pact Variant" :) Your thoughts are appreciated!
Lovely guide and this will be my league starter for Abyss league no doubt.

As far as changes is concern, I understand there are minimal changes that affect the build, but will you make any adjustments to the build to accommodate for 3.1? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great work

"
BlueeGreg wrote:
Adam, what are your thoughts on changing a few passives towards the new Vaal Pact? This isn't asking if its better, etc, or if losing life regen is worth it or not.

If you were forced to choose Vaal Pact, and probably Vitality Void and Hematophagy too, which sacrifices on your current passive tree would you make? Most obvious to me is changing Oak for Kill All, since Oak gives life regen and we're hungry for more passive points. Then maybe dropping Shaper, which costs 2 points and also gives life regen. It's unclear how much losing the mana regen will hurt though. And remove the Combat Stimina branch, which costs 3 points and does give life regen. What about Warrior's Blood and the nodes to the right of it?

You could call this the "Vaal Pact Variant" :) Your thoughts are appreciated!

I encourage you to give it a try and let us know how it works out for you. If this weren't primarily an Uber-Lab speed running build, then Vaal Pact likely would be taken and a number of changes would be made, with the release of yesterday's patch notes and today's changes to the skill tree nodes. If it works out really successfully for you, run all the numbers and do a separate build guide for it here in the Duelist section. The more variety we have in build options in this game, the better IMO.
"
blueframe227 wrote:
Lovely guide and this will be my league starter for Abyss league no doubt.

As far as changes is concern, I understand there are minimal changes that affect the build, but will you make any adjustments to the build to accommodate for 3.1? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! Keep up the great work

I don't see any need to make major changes at this point. For a number of reason, though. Those being:

- The build left as-is will still do and achieve everything the same as last season. In terms of levelling, early mapping and Uber Lab running. I don't see much point in tinkering being that you'll only make relatively tiny but ultimately untested gains.

- The build as an Uber Lab farmer is outrageously good, even when you first hit 70 and don't have the unique's for the build yet.

- All skill points past level 85 are completely optional in what you do with them. People can really use them in what ever way they feel benefit's them most. Ultimately change around the first 85 for yourself if you'd like too, as well. This is just a guide after all.

- The build is laughably cheap for what it does.

- The build is ultimately only a generic league starter that rapidly turns in to a beastly Uber Lab farmer with unbelievably little investment. Your meant to use this build to create enough wealth for yourself that you can then move on to better mapping characters, better Shaper/Elder farming characters and better specific utility builds like Hall Of Grand Masters farming builds. You then just come back to this character every now and again to quickly enchant great unique or rare drops, to sell for multiple exalts. Really this build is just an amazing jump point, from which you should move on to other builds you have never tried before, because you couldn't afford too - because ultimately that's what this Uber Lab farming build really does as an end-goal.... it makes you unimaginably wealthy through hammering the Uber Lab for it's loot and enchant's.

The only possible changes I can see coming now are support gem selections and pantheon power selection. The data-mined details of them are still not available yet though, so I can't say 1 way or the other if changes to those areas will be made yet.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 7, 2017, 7:47:03 AM
Hi Adambjozz

Thanks for the effort you put into refining and writing this guide up, looks really interesting. For the past two leagues my starter has been warchief totems berserker (did 2h version once then facebreaker last league). Been looking for something fresh that is a balanced lab farmer and mapper league starter. My playstyle is exactly that - enjoy both maps and lab, I'm not really into boss farming.

Given the above, how would you compare your build to warchief totems as a starter based on the following criteria :

Uber lab speed, and safety?
Mapping speed and single target on map bosses

Budget - well clearly your build is more budget friendly

I'm torn between going my familiar route with warchief (don't mind doing it for a third time really) and trying something new (never played slayer)... would appreciate your honest opinion, thanks for reading!
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Last edited by Daegon on Dec 7, 2017, 1:32:21 AM
Hi there,

just a quick question regarding the 1h/shield changes. As GGG is buffing the damage of this combination, do you feel this could be an option for the build or is loosing out 1h/2h points to much?

Thanks for the great guide,
Cheers!
Hi, first TY for the build, I'll start the new season with it I guess. I have a really newbish question but I have never play a lab runner before so I wonder : Do you farm the oferring in maps or is it worth buying it? Because I guess that farming uberlab all day means tons of offering needed
Hey man it seems that ancestral call support really help us to clear maps faster are you going to add any new gems to build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info