[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Oilure wrote:
Shame this build got nerf'd by the Sunder change :(

It hasn't been, yet. People are quoting conflicting information provided from GGG, that changed throughout today. It's why I edited my post hours ago, but someone missed that I edited it and then quoted what I posted based on old incorrect information from GGG that they then later updated again.

The final answer as of now is actually that the only nerf Sunder got to it's DPS, is on the additional AOE damage from a secondary blast hit, that only hit for a minor amount of damage and there's no confirmation of even the rate or consistency that that damage was even registering - as it was a bug that sometimes hit. So as far as levelling and doing all the mid-tier content this build does, along with the Uber Lab, there is not going to be a noticeable difference that we can confirm. All of Sunder's primary damage that causes the initial DPS, it's 1-shotting of white trash, it's bleed DPS and the rest of that stuff is all unchanged. It's just a slight reduction to one portion of an addition follow-on blast hit that has had a somewhat but unconfirmed exact DPS reduction. The fact that we can't provide an exact number for that is no one's fault here, the only thing we know is that it's not actually a significant base DPS nerf, as people are claiming.
I can't wait to try this build. Very nice build explanation. specially after patch note.

Merci pour le build !
yay! ssems like my slayer will still be viable after the path of nerfs patch notes awsome
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
You can't life-leech while in traps and trap gauntlets, anyway, as there's nothing to leech from.

That is why I talked about writhing jar. One press of writhing jar, then kill the worms and you are immune to traps for like 20 seconds.

OK, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The two worms have 1 health point each and when you kill them they grant charges - charges don't help survive in traps and you aren't leeching anything more than a measly 2 health points in total - which again, won't help you survive anything. As explained repeatedly, the Writhing jar is used to maintain charges against bosses and provide a minor instant health shot.

You call me fool yet seem to have no idea about any mechanics, like slayers overkill damage leech. The worms having only 1hp is even better for the amount of leech Slayer gets. The fact that you seem to not know this shows me you never played a Slayer lab runner. Because Writhing Jar and using it to generate massive amounts of leech before running through traps or before you start the Izaro fight is the most normal shit ever. The charges that can be generated with it are secondary to this. Nathan even says so in his video you based this "guide" on. By killing the worms you easily generate 20k hp as overleech and that is a very low estimate.

And the fact that my current chars are not lab runners is simply because I did not build one for Harbinger. And because I usually do around 20 builds each season I delete the old ones.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 6, 2017, 7:09:33 AM
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
"
Mecielle wrote:
And the fact that my current chars are not lab runners is simply because I did not build one for Harbinger. And because I usually do around 20 builds each season I delete the old ones.

[Removed by Support]

Drama queen? I never insulted you or anything, different than you. I kept every post I did focused on this build and how it might change in 3.1. And you ignoring how I corrected you about how much leech the worms give (you said none because you forgot about slayer over leech) [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Blank_GGG on Dec 6, 2017, 5:09:40 PM
Hey nice build, is this still viable as league starter in 3.1 after sunder nerf ? (Fix bug equal a 40% dps loss in single target)

Thanks
"
XzeeeN wrote:
Hey nice build, is this still viable as league starter in 3.1 after sunder nerf ? (Fix bug equal a 40% dps loss in single target)

Thanks

We actually don't know if it is that much of a nerf. GGG has not yet confirmed that Sunder does that all the time. And first tests by some people over on reddit have shown that it might be rare bug, maybe only affecting larger enemies. I guess until we get additional info from GGG it will be hard to say anything about how good Sunder will be in 3.1

If it is confirmed that the bug they fixed only happened rarely and Sunder will not lose much damage, then yes, this build is a great way to go as a league starter. At least if you are looking for a lab runner. If you want to use Sunder primarily for mapping I would point you towards a dual wield Gladiator for the much faster clearspeed.

If on the other hand it is confirmed that Sunder did this all the time, it will be hard to say how viable Sunder will be in 3.1
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 6, 2017, 10:35:41 AM
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
Welcome to the build guide.

First off and foremost, I’d like to state explicitly that this guide is simply a written and far more in depth and fleshed-out guide to a quick video build guide created and posted by Lab speed runner and Youtuber “Nathan Boulton”.

You can find the basic build guide video right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ChC0wFUl3A (I’ll link to it again later in the guide).

You can see the full sub-5min Uber Lab clear at level 70 here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IClg6j0Ujg (I’ll link to it again later in the guide).

So full credit go’s to Nathan for the idea of this build, it’s creation and design. Nathan’s POE videos on his youtube channel are pretty good, so feel free to leave him some positive comments. I’m basically publishing the guide here as I’ve had discussions with a lot of users over at Reddit about it, and noticed a few users really go into specifics about what can be done with this build - one of the very few actual real low-budget builds floating around that does what’s advertised and then more. Much much more.

Thank you so much for writing this up! I've been unable to find time to make this guide a possibility. You've come through CLUTCH.
Also thank you for providing links <3

Much love and good luck in the new league!
-Nathan
Last edited by Jelbishi on Dec 6, 2017, 1:37:14 PM
For the Shaper Node you have set to spec into around L61 (act 8/9) to be able to use another flask instead of a Mana flask: I skipped that branch and went straight to more hp as I found myself not using my mana flask for a few zones/bosses before that point. So I replaced the flask without the Shaper Node and didn't have any problems with mana management/usage yet, having gone all the way through Act 10. Are there any circumstances where I would need it later on, not experienced in leveling, or is it truly an optional part of the tree?
"
Adambjjoz wrote:

OK, you don't seem to know what you are talking about. The two worms have 1 health point each and when you kill them they grant charges - charges don't help survive in traps and you aren't leeching anything more than a measly 2 health points in total - which again, won't help you survive anything. As explained repeatedly, the Writhing jar is used to maintain charges against bosses and provide a minor instant health shot.

You are absolutely wrong here and you should apologize to Mecielle. You can read more about overkill leech here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7hyxcu/leech_mechanics_are_weird_a_slayers_guide_to/

Or you can watch the video guide by nathan. Because he is saying the same things about the writhing jar worms.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info