[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

Maybe I have overlooked it, but you didn't mention the new Vaal Pact being right near Duelist start too. Should push this build even further into being able to just run through all the Uber Lab traps.

"
Mecielle wrote:
Maybe I have overlooked it, but you didn't mention the new Vaal Pact being right near Duelist start too. Should push this build even further into being able to just run through all the Uber Lab traps.

I doubt it.

Vaal Pact is pretty much no-no for Lab Running, because it prevents you from having or using any Life Regen, which is the only thing that can keep you alive and allow you to survive the long labyrinth spike/blade/dart traps without having a 600% movement speed character. You can't life-leech off of any of the Sentinal or other traps either, so you'd be boned pretty quick without a healthy dose of standard life regen. Even getting carried through the Uber Lab is a nightmare with any character that has Val Pact, because the instant you get stuck in a spike trap, your basically all but dead - even sometimes if you have 5 health flasks equipped.
A list of the major 3.1 nefs were just released and discussed by the dev's (those not already discussed at length by them at least, anyway) in a manifesto post here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2035872/page/1 and so far it's nothing that effects us in any way.

More details to come tomorrow obviously when the full patch notes and changes are listed, with people having the chance to fully data-mine the changes. We'll have o wait and see but things are actually looking fairly good still.
Can you share the skill tree without using pastebin pls? I haven't been able to open.It gives 'couldn't resolve host name'error. :(
"
Adambjjoz wrote:
A list of the major 3.1 nefs were just released and discussed by the dev's (those not already discussed at length by them at least, anyway) in a manifesto post here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2035872/page/1 and so far it's nothing that effects us in any way.

More details to come tomorrow obviously when the full patch notes and changes are listed, with people having the chance to fully data-mine the changes. We'll have o wait and see but things are actually looking fairly good still.

Slayer nerf added.

"
The Slayer
The Brutal Fervour Ascendancy Skill no longer grants Maximum Life Leech Rate. Hematophagy and Vitality Void now only grant +3% to Maximum Life Leech Rate (from +5%).

As a result of the changes to Vaal pact, other sources of leech were also examined. Brutal Fervour was identified as a problem, moreso after the changes to Vaal Pact, as it was the next-closest thing to instant leech. We didn't want to change what made the Slayer the Slayer, but were okay with it taking a small hit, given its dominance over the 3.0.0 ladders.

Writhing Jar + Vaal Pact might be the only way to leech fast enough now when in traps.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 5, 2017, 1:26:10 AM
"
lostkebab wrote:
Can you share the skill tree without using pastebin pls? I haven't been able to open.It gives 'couldn't resolve host name'error. :(

The links all work fine, i just manually checked them all in POB & they verified and imported without issue to display each tree link. You might want to check that your POB is up to date.

Unfortunately POE's skill tree planner here at this website wont let me save created tree's or import them, so there is currently nothing I can do about that.

As per instructions in my build guide anyway, you can just check my characters right here for their full gear and the skill tree's I used for them, including ascendancy choice and what Jewels I used: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Adambjjoz/characters

My 3.0 Harbinger League 10-Day Mayhem Race character was "HarbMayhemRacer"
My 3.0 Harbinger League 10-Day Turmoil Race character was "TurmSundSlayer"
My 3.0 Harbinger League regular character was "ULabFarmerSundSlayer"

I left them all completely untouched and unchanged, no gear altered or removed on any of them.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 5, 2017, 4:46:27 AM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
The Brutal Fervour Ascendancy Skill no longer grants Maximum Life Leech Rate. Hematophagy and Vitality Void now only grant +3% to Maximum Life Leech Rate (from +5%).

Writhing Jar + Vaal Pact might be the only way to leech fast enough now when in traps.

You can't life-leech while in traps and trap gauntlets, anyway, as there's nothing to leech from. It's the Life Regen of 650-850 HP per second, that keeps you alive with this build, not the leech. The life leech is simply just taken because we need there to be some leech active in order to trigger off defensive buff's granted via the tree and ascendancy nodes.

We also don't take the Hematophagy or Vitality Void passive nodes on the skill tree, so it doesn't effect this build.

This build takes Brutal Fervour only because it grants "Cannot be Stunned While Leeching" and "You are Immune To Bleed While Leeching" and neither of those are being nerfed according to the manifesto or dev's, at this point in time.
Last edited by Adambjjoz on Dec 5, 2017, 1:42:33 AM
Hi!
Thanks for the guide! After seeing posts about patch-notes I came here immediately without reading anything, thanks for discussing the changes, I'm glad the build still functions well.I am looking forward to start abyss league with it. I basically have the same goals as you for the start. For second character I plan a boss stomper aswell, but for another character you mention "Magic Find Ranger or Scion". Is that for higher level map clearing, or just for fun?

"
You can't life-leech while in traps and trap gauntlets, anyway, as there's nothing to leech from.

That is why I talked about writhing jar. One press of writhing jar, then kill the worms and you are immune to traps for like 20 seconds.

"
This build takes Brutal Fervour only because it grants "Cannot be Stunned While Leeching" and "You are Immune To Bleed While Leeching"

Of course it is great for Uber Lab to be stun and bleed immune. But to say that the insanely fast leech doent matter is just wrong. Without this faster leech Nathan would have died like 5 times during his 5 minute UberLab run... Of course he would have played differently if he would not have had the faster leech, but that doesn't change the fact that it shows that it is very important.

Thanks for writing this up anyway, the WoE idea is pretty nice, but I think I will go with my usual UberLab farmer.
Last edited by Mecielle on Dec 5, 2017, 12:24:34 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:

Thanks for writing this up anyway, the WoE idea is pretty nice, but I think I will go with my usual UberLab farmer.

Can you post a link to your usual build?

I agree with you that writhing jar should be enough to offset VPs no life regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info