[3.5] League Starter W.O.E Sund Slayer / 35c Day 1 Cost / U-Lab Sprinter / High Damage Mitigation

"
Rackham_ wrote:
Hi there!
So, I decided to play this build as my league starter and I must say that it feels fantastic! Atm I got gear for about 20c and I'm blowing through T6-10 without any problems with 43k tooltip in h/o (auras on) and 4.7k life pool. Haven't done uber lab yet, planning to do this asap.

Great build for mapping, but will I be able to do endgame content with little investment? I thought about guardians and shaper especially, because atziri is probably a joke now. What can I do to push it to actual limits?

I wouldn't even bother trying to push the damage on this build, just level up an alt to boss kill/clear high tier maps with the currency you get from farming lab.
Do you guys have any build recommendations as to farm maps/shaper/elder? I checked LL RF but it looks a bit complicated and very expensive. I'm not sure 30ex I have currently will be enough.

I'm looking for something easy to look at and play.
"
Fenelon wrote:
Do you guys have any build recommendations as to farm maps/shaper/elder? I checked LL RF but it looks a bit complicated and very expensive. I'm not sure 30ex I have currently will be enough.

Yeah mate, 30Ex is not needed for anything like that. Here's a max-cost 2Ex to 3Ex build that will crush everything end game, including crushing all end game content while even wearing magic-find gear. The only thing you need to know about it, is that it's not a speed-clear build. It is however extremely fast and strong at stomping all end-game bosses and it's tanky as hell - and I mean even with complete garbage quality versions of all gear, your going to smash the end-game content and still have nearly 7K effective health pool, with near capped block.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1971585/page/1

Play style once up & running is to literally run around while your spectres melt the screen, occasionally right clicking the mouse to shoot some orbs that make all your spectres hit 40% harder, then click the button on the side of your mouse (or a hotkey) every now and again to make the spectres move faster. You literally do nothing else other than collect loot.
"
Fenelon wrote:

The build recommended by Adam will crush the game - the other option is a Slayer/Ranger TS/LA + Barrage build. I ran a lioneye's slayer using TS/Barrage last league and cruised through the game - tanky, great clear and very good single target damage (1.3m~+). It'll cost you more than a spectres build though.
Alright, thank you guys. I was looking through the builds yesterday and I've found out about Poet's Pen Volatile Dead builds and really liked the look of that, so currently playing that, almost at the maps. If I get bored I'll look into these options too.
Isn't there any Elder/Shaper based helmet that could replace the Bringer of Rain?
no more purchases or recommendations til the trade system is fixed.
Is there a slayer build of some sort that can be a fairly easy transition to out of this once you're ready? I'm just starting maps now but would like to have a follow up goal even if it's fairly big on regret investment.
So i really enjoyed getting this build up and it's been a very enjoyable first character...but i can't finish u-lab. Three attempts and all three ended by traps. Anyone take a peek at my character ZormSLUB and see if i'm overlooking something? Other tips for making the traps a little easier to deal with? It's starting to look like i'll never be farming u-lab since i can't seem to complete it.
"
zorminster wrote:
So i really enjoyed getting this build up and it's been a very enjoyable first character...but i can't finish u-lab. Three attempts and all three ended by traps. Anyone take a peek at my character ZormSLUB and see if i'm overlooking something? Other tips for making the traps a little easier to deal with? It's starting to look like i'll never be farming u-lab since i can't seem to complete it.

Your build looks to be in order. Are You res capped? What's Your life? I think I ran my first Uber lab at below 4k life, so should be definitely doable. Especially shouldn't die to traps. Which traps exactly? You have a writhing jar so You shouldn't ever die to bleeding (leech removes it). Res capped & with a way to remove bleeding, the most dangerous ones IMO are the spike traps 'cause they stop Your movement. Everything else You should be able to pop a quicksilver and run or leapslam through pretty much any gauntlet. Well, maybe except for the burning traps, until You get overleech.

Drop the rotgut for a normal life flask, You don't have chaos resists, You'll take a crapton of chaos damage on use. If traps are what You die to, drop the granite flask as well for a 3rd life flask. Get soul of Ryslatha, and take it SLOW on Your first run. Don't bother with keys, lockboxes, darkshrines etc, Your goal is just to get the ascendancy. Almost every trap gauntlet has safe spots You can leap slam to & wait for Your life flasks to refill with Ryslatha if all else fails.

After You get Your 4th ascendancy node, You won't be having a lot of problems with traps, as long as You kill something before running through them. You might still have to take it a bit slower if U-Lab gives You trouble, though, so expect 15-20 minute clears instead of 10 minute ones. After a while You'll get used to the traps.

Careful in the Izaro fight, You don't want to facetank without Rumi's and with less than 5k life, so do the slam - slam away - attack - slam - slam away - attack ... rotation. And don't forget to switch out multistrike for something else (bloodlust, maybe?), Multistrike will lock You in place for too long, can be fatal if You can't survive one hit. Good luck!
*finally* got it on my fourth one. i didn't know leech stopped bleed, so i'd died once to that earlier. spikes were the main issue but i got through with three keys and 3 darkshrines. but yea, im 4.8k 76/75/75/-60 on resists and that potion actually barely touches me- i go down about 250 hp over the duration if i drink from full health so it's really not much. Izaro was fine once i finally got to him. took 30 minutes for the run but i also was taking it ridiculously slow and walking away from the computer to leave on my dog between rooms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info