ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

So it's all fun and games most of the time, but this seems legitimately chilling...

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1116787246303195136?s=21

"
BREAKING: In Calexico, CA last week, where POTUS told border agents to block asylum-seekers from entering the US contrary to law, Trump told CBP head McAleenan if he were sent to jail as a result, the president would pardon him, 2 Sr admin officials tell me.

The President is allegedly telling his subordinates to break the law, and offering pardons should they do so. I realize we're all quite numb to just how not normal any of this is, but if this doesn't start alarm bells ringing in some people's heads I'm not sure what will.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
So it's all fun and games most of the time, but this seems legitimately chilling...

"
BREAKING: In Calexico, CA last week, where POTUS told border agents to block asylum-seekers from entering the US contrary to law, Trump told CBP head McAleenan if he were sent to jail as a result, the president would pardon him, 2 Sr admin officials tell me.

The President is allegedly telling his subordinates to break the law, and offering pardons should they do so. I realize we're all quite numb to just how not normal any of this is, but if this doesn't start alarm bells ringing in some people's heads I'm not sure what will.

Sometimes, I wonder if people are too stupid to realize that emotionally manipulating people by blowing things out of proportion isn't how you get your point across.

Also, the tweet itself seems pretty benign. Both officials involved in the conversation, said it might have been a joke. The official statement from everyone involved, was yeah, not gonna break the law.
(⌐■_■)
"

"

Probably fake news from a conspiracy site. Unless McAleenan confirms this, I wouldn't believe it.

By the way, if Democrats really believe this story, they should have the balls and impeach him for it. If they don't believe it they should shut up. If they do believe it and still don't impeach him, they should grow balls.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Apr 13, 2019, 7:13:22 AM
"
RPGlitch wrote:

Sometimes, I wonder if people are too stupid to realize that emotionally manipulating people by blowing things out of proportion isn't how you get your point across.

Also, the tweet itself seems pretty benign. Both officials involved in the conversation, said it might have been a joke. The official statement from everyone involved, was yeah, not gonna break the law.

How would people know it was a joke if it was so bad...
Trump posted a video of Omar saying her thing (she even smiles while saying it, bad look) and now the twitter harpies are screeching hardcore. Must mean he's right.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Trump posted a video of Omar saying her thing (she even smiles while saying it, bad look) and now the twitter harpies are screeching hardcore. Must mean he's right.

"CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,”

Fake news. Quoted out of context. Yes "Some people did something" if you want to lazily describe 9/11. Politically correct it was not. People should say screw 9/11 when people used that shit to justify Iraq war and all sorts of nonsense.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"

"

Probably fake news from a conspiracy site. Unless McAleenan confirms this, I wouldn't believe it.

To give this line of argumentation way more credit than it deserves, we could go back and see if this is the kind of thing Trump is known for saying. Does Trump have a record of telling people to break the law and offering to cover for them?

Why yes, yes he did.

So it's not exactly out of character for him. It's just yet another red flag in this slalom of a presidency, and I for one am glad I will not be in the USA when you reach the bottom of the mountain.

"
By the way, if Democrats really believe this story, they should have the balls and impeach him for it. If they don't believe it they should shut up. If they do believe it and still don't impeach him, they should grow balls.

Which republicans in the house and senate would vote to impeach or convict if this were true? C'mon, I know you're not that dumb.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Apr 13, 2019, 11:42:41 AM
"
deathflower wrote:
People should say screw 9/11 when people used that shit to justify Iraq war and all sorts of nonsense.
Indeed. The early-2000s American response to radical Islamic terrorism was to terrorize Muslim countries — as if to deliberately incite retaliatory escalation, which for the most part has been unjustly directed at Europe — and push a protofascist agenda against civil liberties at home.

Now they've got us in knots about the right of a biological man to be called ma'am, rather than the rights of due process and privacy. (Part of the reason this type of ploy is effective is because the trivial isn't necessarily false, nor unjust; I'm just saying transgender "rights" and things like the right to free speech aren't in the same leagues.) Orwell was a bit off: the way you kill a concept isn't by eliminating the word to describe it, but by redefining it as something else. This is what the Obama era added to the sinister neoconservative agenda.

As this recent Assange business demonstrates, the Trump administration is no true friend of the rights that matter. The most favorable interpretation is that Trump is a compromiser, negotiating a middle ground between a neoconservative police-state agenda and the rights of man. However, compromise between those two things is unacceptable; a right that only legally applies sometimes is not a right at all, but a privilege in right's clothing.

The worst possible interpretation is that The Powers That Be believe, perhaps correctly, that the demographic trends point to Democratic Party dominance in the United States, and thus it's advantageous to the continued benefit of the military interventionist fleshgrinders to switch parties to the Democrats. This process was only half complete with Obama; to complete it, they'd require some softball controlled opposition from the last Republican President of the era. In other words, the worst case is that Trump is merely projecting the appearance of opposition, and that his mild reforms are a red herring designed to relegate activism to a permanent minority party. Unfortunately, this is more likely than the best case scenario — Trump can generously be described as a President who prioritizes appearance over current reality.

We can do better than this. We must do better than this.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2019, 12:49:51 PM
"
deathflower wrote:
How would people know it was a joke if it was so bad...

The same reason you'd know that Trump telling people that he could shoot someone in the street, and they'd still vote for him was a joke.

It's protected hyperbole, and he makes outlandish claims.

Just look-up the court cases, on why words =! action, and why Trump isn't in jail for previously egregious statements.

It wasn't that long ago, right after the election, that people actually took him to court for some of the things he said. And he won, lol.

"
To give this line of argumentation way more credit than it deserves, we could go back and see if this is the kind of thing Trump is known for saying. Does Trump have a record of telling people to break the law and offering to cover for them?

Why yes, yes he did.

He also has a record, of telling people not to break the law. Repeatedly, during the rallies and in speeches.

There is a difference between joking and actually doing something.

"

So it's not exactly out of character for him. It's just yet another red flag in this slalom of a presidency, and I for one am glad I will not be in the USA when you reach the bottom of the mountain.

You know for someone who was trying to come off as neutral, you sure turned into a pompous self-righteous prick pretty fast.

Nobody cares what you do, dude.

Some of us actually pay taxes and work for a living.
(⌐■_■)
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

"CAIR was founded after 9/11, because they recognized that some people did something and that all of us were starting to lose access to our civil liberties,”

Fake news.

I mean yeah, it's fake news because CAIR was founded way before 9/11, by people with ties to Hamas by the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info