ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"

Okay, let me ask you a question. Who has more respect for the victims and survivors of 9/11:

- The junior representative who described it in less-than-reverent terms but has consistently spoken out against the terrorism and human rights abuses of the country most of the hijackers came from and then went on to cosponsor efforts to renew the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund

- A war veteran who talks a big game about what 9/11 means but was "too busy" to talk about renewing benefits for 9/11 first responders and survivors

Look, I shouldn't have to explain that it's better to judge a person by their actions than by their words. But this isn't even that. It's "judge a person by their actions, not the badly out-of-context snippets put forward by right wing propaganda outlets".

That's whataboutism, comrade.

"

God forbid a politician ever make any statement that isn't perfect. Clearly, the correct response to a comment that barely registers as "tasteless" taken in context is a full-page headline accusing her of being a terrorist sympathizer.

I literally said the opposite just one post ago.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
snip

Absolving her of all responsibility for what she said isn't gonna cut it. She fucked up. By the way, I'm not saying that the New York Post cover is an appropriate response. But it was very obvious that it was coming and she should've foreseen that. I hope she'll speak with more care in the future.

The irony of someone supporting the dumbshit comments of Trump...

Trump gets shit on by the fake news media 24/7 for his comments. He can take the heat. Omar should also be able to take the heat.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
In a national context where 100% of US domestic terrorism last year was far-right extremism

Is that you, Brian Stelter?
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
Xavderion wrote:

Trump gets shit on by the fake news media 24/7 for his comments. He can take the heat. Omar should also be able to take the heat.

Not only can Trump take the heat - I think he likes the adversarial press. Gives the old man energy. Like vigra or something - he relishes it. Trump is awesome in this regard IMO.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 13, 2019, 1:02:22 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:

Hmm, no, Trump certainly isn't able to take the heat, he go on a ranting rage quite often when someone call him out on his bullshit.

But my point is that Trump supporters certainly shouldn't be the ones to give meaning to the words of someone else when it's very common that you twist Trump's words into a narrative of your choosing that defend him. It's hypocrisy. And did you not see that the right is asking her to be politically correct when they essentially worship Trump for NOT being politically correct? Hypocrisy again...

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Apr 13, 2019, 2:11:22 PM
I have been less enthused about the political shitposting lately. And the core reason is, I just don't enjoy the trolling aspect to it anymore.

I recently completed a rewatch of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and, as a hater of false dichotomies, enjoyed the early triangular relationship between
Actually spoilers
the Elrics, Scar, and the Homunculi — and was reminded of how much I dislike the way Scar is eventually seen as a good guy. By the end, the Ishvalan basically gets away with serial murder.
I like the concept of "enemy of my enemy," but I don't necessarily think of such people as "friends." At best, temporary allies, united against a common foe, but waiting for the time to resolve their differences.

In the sense that the Elrics might temporarily tolerate the warrior monk, I can certainly be said to tolerate Donald Trump. I like that he's called out the corporatist media as fake news. I like that he seems to prefer spending money on US domestic interests over military interventionism halfway across the globe. To the extent one can judge a man by his enemies, it might at first seem Trump is representative of my position.

But that isn't the truth, because real life isn't such a simple dichotomy, and I'm not a partisan idiot.

I've previously enjoyed messing with partisan idiots. For a while posting God Emperor Trump memes and similar hijinks felt good. It seemed to bother precisely the right people, and many lulz were had. But that shit is ironic. Saying I'm a Trump supporter is like saying Edward Elric loves Scar — perhaps genuine at brief moments, immediately after a particular action, but only ephemerally. To even imagine that The Joke has gone on for as long as it has is a little beyond belief.

And it takes either a certain form of partisan idiocy, or a mock-partisan irony, to actually tolerate Whataboutism. Yes, yes, Fake News lies just about as much as it can get away with, but that's not truly a proper excuse for lying in return. You know what I'd like to see? Media and Presidents who actually believe honesty is the best policy. I'm frankly just sick of the ironic cynicism — whether temporarily or permanently, I'm not quite sure. And if you say that such cynicism is realism and to ask for better is naive, well, maybe if we set our bars unrealistically high we might actually improve on our current reality instead of wallowing in its mediocrity.

I'm tired of defending Donald Trump against the corporatist media. Not because I've lost my taste for criticizing the corporatist media — they're still motherfuckers. But why should I give a motherfucker a break, just because he's fighting against other motherfuckers? Who cares if Trump is the best president since Clinton — that's like getting a gold medal in the Special Olympics (wherein Bush 43 gets the bronze). I'm sick of low standards just to point out the difference between shitty and shittier. Fuck 'em all.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 13, 2019, 1:50:01 AM
"
I have been less enthused about the political shitposting lately. And the core reason is, I just don't enjoy the trolling aspect to it anymore.

Take a break. It'll be more interesting once the democratic primaries start.

And it's not like Faerwin and Turtledove can get anymore crazier.
(⌐■_■)
News is at best advocacy journalism. Fake news only pops its head up when they run with advocacy too hard.

Goes along with my thoughts on politicians are at best venal.

Bottom line only trust in self/what you see.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 13, 2019, 2:09:42 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I would hope that got a lot less fun after March 15th, yes...
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I recently completed a rewatch of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and, as a hater of false dichotomies, enjoyed the early triangular relationship between
Actually spoilers
the Elrics, Scar, and the Homunculi — and was reminded of how much I dislike the way Scar is eventually seen as a good guy. By the end, the Ishvalan basically gets away with serial murder.
I like the concept of "enemy of my enemy," but I don't necessarily think of such people as "friends." At best, temporary allies, united against a common foe, but waiting for the time to resolve their differences.

In the sense that the Elrics might temporarily tolerate the warrior monk, I can certainly be said to tolerate Donald Trump. I like that he's called out the corporatist media as fake news. I like that he seems to prefer spending money on US domestic interests over military interventionism halfway across the globe. To the extent one can judge a man by his enemies, it might at first seem Trump is representative of my position.

But that isn't the truth, because real life isn't such a simple dichotomy, and I'm not a partisan idiot.

I've previously enjoyed messing with partisan idiots. For a while posting God Emperor Trump memes and similar hijinks felt good. It seemed to bother precisely the right people, and many lulz were had. But that shit is ironic. Saying I'm a Trump supporter is like saying Edward Elric loves Scar — perhaps genuine at brief moments, immediately after a particular action, but only ephemerally. To even imagine that The Joke has gone on for as long as it has is a little beyond belief.

And it takes either a certain form of partisan idiocy, or a mock-partisan irony, to actually tolerate Whataboutism. Yes, yes, Fake News lies just about as much as it can get away with, but that's not truly a proper excuse for lying in return. You know what I'd like to see? Media and Presidents who actually believe honesty is the best policy. I'm frankly just sick of the ironic cynicism — whether temporarily or permanently, I'm not quite sure. And if you say that such cynicism is realism and to ask for better is naive, well, maybe if we set our bars unrealistically high we might actually improve on our current reality instead of wallowing in its mediocrity.

I'm tired of defending Donald Trump against the corporatist media. Not because I've lost my taste for criticizing the corporatist media — they're still motherfuckers. But why should I give a motherfucker a break, just because he's fighting against other motherfuckers? Who cares if Trump is the best president since Clinton — that's like getting a gold medal in the Special Olympics (wherein Bush 43 gets the bronze). I'm sick of low standards just to point out the difference between shitty and shittier. Fuck 'em all.

Oh sure. If you can forgive people who tried to kill you, you can forgive them of anything. People who tried to kill each other make the best battle buddies, at least they know they are just as strong as each other.

This happen a lot in anime. Scar tried to kill Edward. Sasuke tried to kill Naruto. Vegeta tried to kill Goku. It is Similar to the rationale of the prominent use of granting defectors absolute pardon to switch side in a war.

Last edited by deathflower on Apr 13, 2019, 5:18:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info