ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
rojimboo wrote:
Anyone else having trouble keeping up with all gaffes and criminal activity of Trump and cohorts?

I definitely am.

Was gonna bring some to attention, but there's 429 stories negatively affecting Trump...

People are already predicting only weeks until Trump's resignation.

I would concur, matter of weeks or months, followed by a recession with global repercussions.

Trump's got a tiger by the tail. I don't think he'll want to resign because he'll be afraid that then without presidential power he'll be too easily eaten by the tiger. Although I could imagine a potential scenario where he might resign if he thought a pardon from Pence might settle things. The problem with that plan though is that the NY attorney general is investigating him now and that wouldn't stop after a presidential pardon. Bottom line though is that I think resigning would be too much like admitting he made a mistake, which Trump could never do.

It is interesting to contemplate though that he may very well end up being in a position where he would have likely been far better off not running for president in the first place.

edit:
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Dec 18, 2018, 12:05:55 PM
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:
Anyone else having trouble keeping up with all gaffes and criminal activity of Trump and cohorts?

I definitely am.

Was gonna bring some to attention, but there's 429 stories negatively affecting Trump...

I would concur, matter of weeks or months, followed by a recession with global repercussions.

So far, nothing has convinced me that Trump would even consider resigning. Also, I would prefer him getting shown the door at the next presidential elections in no uncertain terms. One can only wonder what fairytales the Trump-fanatics would conjure up if he announced his resignation due to being forced out of office by the deep state.

... ... ...

and yes, writing this, I know he will spread lies in the event of him being voted out, too.

Spoiler
What follows is a collection of my musings based on no source whatsoever, yet all sources at the same time. Treat it as such.

Yeah that on the other hand is also true. There is no guarantee upon resigning, Trump will not immediately be criminally indicted. He would have to sign some papers with Mueller, his silent arch nemesis. Nevermind the likeliness of Mueller prepared to make such a deal.

And here is the confusing part to me. Pence would immediately pardon Donald upon his resignation. Making Trump be above the law.

Is anyone above the law?

Should they be above the law?

Of course not, that's the path to full on fascist authoritarian dictatorship. Not that the current setup doesn't resemble some aspects of that already, yet we shouldn't mistake common corruption for something more noble.

How do you then make Trump accountable? He is unimpeachable due to corrupt spineless Senate Republicans, and you cannot indict him because he has a get-out-of-jail-free card, in Pence pardoning him.

I think as soon as this catastrophe reaches the likes of Trump Jr. and Ivanka, Donald will start finally realising the depths of depravity he has engaged in, and reconsider pushing forward with the risk of jail time for his children. At least, any sane father would.
"
rojimboo wrote:
"
Ersatzdrummel wrote:
"
rojimboo wrote:

I definitely am.

So far, nothing has convinced me that Trump would even consider resigning. Also, I would prefer him getting shown the door at the next presidential elections in no uncertain terms. One can only wonder what fairytales the Trump-fanatics would conjure up if he announced his resignation due to being forced out of office by the deep state.

... ... ...

and yes, writing this, I know he will spread lies in the event of him being voted out, too.

Spoiler
What follows is a collection of my musings based on no source whatsoever, yet all sources at the same time. Treat it as such.

Yeah that on the other hand is also true. There is no guarantee upon resigning, Trump will not immediately be criminally indicted. He would have to sign some papers with Mueller, his silent arch nemesis. Nevermind the likeliness of Mueller prepared to make such a deal.

And here is the confusing part to me. Pence would immediately pardon Donald upon his resignation. Making Trump be above the law.

Is anyone above the law?

Should they be above the law?

Of course not, that's the path to full on fascist authoritarian dictatorship. Not that the current setup doesn't resemble some aspects of that already, yet we shouldn't mistake common corruption for something more noble.

How do you then make Trump accountable? He is unimpeachable due to corrupt spineless Senate Republicans, and you cannot indict him because he has a get-out-of-jail-free card, in Pence pardoning him.

I think as soon as this catastrophe reaches the likes of Trump Jr. and Ivanka, Donald will start finally realising the depths of depravity he has engaged in, and reconsider pushing forward with the risk of jail time for his children. At least, any sane father would.

This above the law thing puts the DOJ in a quandary. I think there are two main lines of thought for the DOJ. First that this situation might be a worthy exception to the rule of a sitting president can't be indicted, since the crimes involve an argument that perhaps he wouldn't have won the presidency without the crimes being committed. Second, a Mueller report would be so devastating to Trump that the Republicans in the Senate would have vote to convict. Of course, going with both options might be the best course?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
rojimboo wrote:

Probably the same people who predicted that he would never run for presidency for real, would never win the primary and never win the presidency. Real experts.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Our Queen is slowly getting redpilled about the fake news media. Remember kids, if you're not a member of the cabal, you're getting slandered. That's just how it is.

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.

ALL HAIL PRESIDENT PELOSI
(\/) This is Donald Thump. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Donald Thump to help him
(")_(") make the briar patch great again.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 18, 2018, 8:15:01 PM
After Pence is indicted, then Trump, next in line is Pelosi :)
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
After Pence is indicted, then Trump, next in line is Pelosi :)

What are they going to indict her for, being too old?

You can't just take her presidency. She's too old!

She won't be indicted, she'll be POTUS!
I'll send my lawyer after you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info