ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
1453R wrote:
Does it ever occur to people that "ohh, Republicans never cut taxes properly because if they get rid of the evil liberalist welfare programs soaking up all the tax money they want to cut, they'll immediately lose the next election!"...says something?
Sure, it says cutting off a flow of free money is unpopular with those receiving said money. Who woulda thunk it?
"
1453R wrote:
Could it possibly be because these programs are a good idea, even if the specific execution is not currently ideal?
Could these programs — whose result is militant feminism, the destruction of the nuclear family (especially black families), reduced birthrates (especially black abortions), unassimilated for-profit migration, and the displacement of traditional American culture — possibly have been proposed with genuinely good intent? Perhaps. But has it ever occurred to you that continually advocating programs whose executions don't line up with advertisements used to sell them, that you don't get to keep your plan after being told you could keep your plan...says something?

As far as repeals go, intent is irrelevant and execution is everything. So, yes, I want to repeal all those things you're defending here, every single last law or regulation of (allegedly) noble intent and inglorious performance.
"
1453R wrote:
I don't want Trump's tax cuts. He and his cronies can keep them. What I want is that arrogant, loudmouthed, foul-tempered, narcissistic, lousy-haired DISGRACE out of the Oval Office. Every time that orangutan bastard sends a fresh tweet it makes me just a little bit more ashamed to be an American.
So you hate that your President shitposts on Twitter. I don't like people who play golf when they should be working (basically every president ever). Boo hoo. He won And although I was kinda against people saying this just after the election... it's been over a year,
my dude. Get over it.
"
1453R wrote:
Say what you will about Obama, I've heard a whole lot of it by this point, but at least President Obama approached his office with the respect and dignity it was due and treated both his own fellow citizens and our compatriots and allies overseas with the respect and dignity they were due. I would gladly shake Obama's hand and thank him for his service, regardless of whether I completely agreed with everything he did or not (I don't, though I very much respect what he tried to do).
https://youtu.be/lxT5z3-ezic
"
1453R wrote:
I did not grow up in a country that bans Muslims from traveling here - an act that can very seriously be argued is actively treasonous on Trump's part, is inarguably unconstitutional, and is the most hideously un-American thing I have ever been subjected to the misfortune of witnessing an elected politican do.
Oh for fuck's sake, stop being a sheep and actually read the words Trump signed. I assume you can Google it yourself, and you should. No, he didn't ban people from traveling to the US based on religion — North Korea is one of the countries now, do they seem Muslim to you? You can go back and read the first EO Trump tried to push through, and the 9th Circuit's opinion stopping it, and the post-9th revised EO, and the Supreme Court opinion upholding the second — a d in that context, there IS an element of the original EO I myself consider unconstitutional, but regarding the 4th amendment, not the 1st... and due to the 9th's ruling, the unconstitutional part didn't make it to version 2.

Educate yourself.
"
1453R wrote:

I did not grow up in a country that flips the table and withdraws from international agreement after international agreement after international agreement due to some short-sighted bullshit argument that "it's bad for the American people!". Gee, it wasn't so bad for the American people when we all signed on under every single previous administration.
Except they were.
"
1453R wrote:
THis man is not my President, and the America he wants to make 'Great Again' is not the America I want to live in. I don't want his dirty tax cuts. I. Want. Him. Gone. In prison if we can manage it, exiled to whatever private island he hides his own dirty finances on if we can't. Doesn't matter. Gone.
Hey, I feel the same way about Hillary Rodham Felon. Tell you what — let's just see who gets proof of their criminal misdeeds proven faster. It's a race.

Oops, I win. (Or if you prefer, condiced musical version.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 28, 2017, 12:07:38 PM
"
1453R wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:

Then why complain in such a dishonest way, and blame Trump/republicans about the tax cuts being "temporary",when Trump/republicans want them to be permanent and cannot, because Democrats will not allow it? why not just say this to begin with?

This entire post seems like an emotional/irrational way to defend the lie you, and other liberals are telling about "temporary" tax cuts.

What was dishonest about anything I said? If anything I'd figure I was more honest than people like.

Dems didn't "vote against middle-class tax cuts". They voted against the Republican tax plan, which included a very large number of actively harmful tax breaks for Big Corporate and the uppermost income bands, neither of whom needed or warranted tax breaks. I don't terribly blame them; the tax plan is a Bad Idea.

Shrugging off that bad idea with "Ohhh, the damn dirty liberals are lying again!" doesn't really mean much. You get your tax cuts for the next couple years. You'll lose them after that and have to pay more, not less, in the future. If that's okay with you, congrats. If not?

Don't elect a literal cave ogre as President next time.

The Republicans would be happy to pass a clean, separate bill with exclusively middle class tax cuts, but the democrats will never agree to that. Saying that Republicans are passing "temporary tax cuts" for the middle class, without mentioning the fact that they are only temporary because the democrats force them to be, is dishonest.
"
1453R wrote:
Could it possibly be because these programs are a good idea, even if the specific execution is not currently ideal?

Or it could be that >=51% of the population is in favor of a bad system because it personally benefits them, and the tyranny of democracy is in full effect.

Not all ideas are good ones, not all good ideas have good implementations, and not all good implementations stay good over time. There are real factors of cost, of resources, and some measure of effectiveness that need to be kept in mind at all times.

"
1453R wrote:
actively harmful tax breaks

Actively harmful spending programs.

"
1453R wrote:
THis man is not my President

Actually he is, at least until 2020. The sooner you square your view with reality and start speaking with positivity, the sooner you can actually effect the changes you want to see in the world.

You want to spend more money? Great, tell everyone why you think that is what should happen, the benefits of spending that money. You have to be convincing but it can be done.
Speaking on the topic of good intentions, everything is a straw man. When you distill complex dynamics into explicitly two opposing solutions, those solutions cannot encompass the entirety of the dynamic. They, by virtue of limited inputs, are required to create a straw man to be solved. If you want effectual change, you have to recognize this and move beyond it. Even cherry picking between the two proposed solutions will yield undesirable results. Welfare is a big entangled mess that cannot be viewed in such simple terms as Republicans this and MarxistsDemocrats that.

I like the idea of temporary social securities for nuclear families (or those with a deceased spouse and children) and the disabled and elderly. Maybe others, but that’s a good enough place to start. Perhaps more importantly, I don’t really care about the opinions of the wholly state-dependant; they’re not paying the bills.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Sure, it says cutting off a flow of free money is unpopular with those receiving said money. Who woulda thunk it?

I don't receive a dime of welfare. I don't even take all the tax deductions I potentially could because navigating that legal quagmire is so not worth my time (and will continue to not be worth my time after the Repub 'Let's Make Rich People Richer' tax plan goes through), nor will I pay some accounting firm more money than I would gain back to do the navigating for me.

I still feel that people should all pay their fair share into collective pools to help their fellow men. If that means buying only three boats instead of four? Well, try and make the first three boats count.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Could these programs — whose result is militant feminism, the destruction of the nuclear family (especially black families), reduced birthrates (especially black abortions), unassimilated for-profit migration, and the displacement of traditional American culture — possibly have been proposed with genuinely good intent? Perhaps. But has it ever occurred to you that continually advocating programs whose executions don't line up with advertisements used to sell them, that you don't get to keep your plan after being told you could keep your plan...says something?

As far as repeals go, intent is irrelevant and execution is everything. So, yes, I want to repeal all those things you're defending here, every single last law or regulation of (allegedly) noble intent and inglorious performance.

All right, grandiosity for grandiosity. My bad. That said...:

"Militant Feminism"? Really? What's so bad about giving girls a leg up? The screeching kill-all-men banshees are as useless as screeching banshees on the extremity of any given position, equating them with feminism as a whole is as dumb as equating all of Christianity and Churchdom with the Phelpses.

'Destruction of the nuclear family'...what? My nuclear family is just fine thanks, as is the nuclear families of most of my buddies and associates. I'm not black so I can't speak to that, but I'm not sure how helping people in need destroys nuclear families. Maybe explain that one to me?

Unassimilated for-profit migration? What does that even mean? Displacement of traditional American culture? We have a traditional culture? I thought America was supposed to be a big honkin' melting pot where anyone was welcome to come here and make a life, and we'd all collectively keep the best bits. Freedom from cloying, stifling Ancient Traditions is one of the best parts of living here. My culture is what I make of it. Welfare programs didn't make me an Internet nerd, nor would the lack of welfare programs turn me into a slobbering football-watching barbeque-scarfing homophobic fratboy.

My name is Matt. I'm an American thirty-something nonbinary individual working in the electronics industry with a weakness for anime, a much more serious weakness for long-haul video games, an affection for hobby marksmanship, and motivation problems. Mainstream American culture alternatively bores and bothers me, primarily because just about everything I find enjoyable or meaningful is something mainstream American culture in turn finds laughable.

Nevertheless. You want to repeal our current welfare systems? Go ahead - on the caveat that you replace them with more effective ones. The rightist/conservative stance of "fuck all'a 'em and let God sort 'em out" is repugnant and I won't stand for it, but you won't find me arguing that we could certainly stand to clean up our act some. That particular fact - that we could stand to clean up our act some - goes for almost everything about this country, which is why I find the general conservative stance so utterly baffling.

What the goddamned hell is there in our current mess that's worth conserving?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So you hate that your President shitposts on Twitter. I don't like people who play golf when they should be working (basically every president ever). Boo hoo. He won And although I was kinda against people saying this just after the election... it's been over a year,
my dude. Get over it.

I hate that the President other people forced into office against my strenuous objections and those of a majority of the voting public of 2016 is a nasty-minded potty-mouthed asshat who's decided that the best use of his time is insulting and attacking whoever last managed to bother him a little. He's a public disgrace, an affront to the dignity of his office, and he needs a muzzle.

Is shitposting on Twitter all day every day really an action you consider appropriate for the holder of our nation's highest office? Fuckin' 'ell, it's hardly considered an appropriate use of time for dime-a-dozen Internet junkies!

Even beyond that, however, handwaving away the man's inherent viciousness, his attack-first mentality and his refusal to tolerate criticism of anything he does without snarling and biting at whoever dared to badmouth him as "shitposting on Twitter' is disingenuous. His unbreakable shitposting habit is indicative of a temperament I find utterly and completely unsuitable to the leader of a first-world nation. The man in charge of the United States should be more reasonable, rational, and difficult to provoke than Trump has proven himself.

Because if the man in charge of the United States is not those things we might end up on the brink of a nuclear exchange with WHOOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD I MEANT we might end up in a series of increasingly dire diplomatic incidents which could have easily been avoided had Mr. Trump the restraint God gave a guinea pig and managed to figure out how to shut. The. Fuck. UP. Once in a while.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Sadly, at work. Can't do much in the way of YouTube.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake, stop being a sheep and actually read the words Trump signed. I assume you can Google it yourself, and you should. No, he didn't ban people from traveling to the US based on religion — North Korea is one of the countries now, do they seem Muslim to you? You can go back and read the first EO Trump tried to push through, and the 9th Circuit's opinion stopping it, and the post-9th revised EO, and the Supreme Court opinion upholding the second — a d in that context, there IS an element of the original EO I myself consider unconstitutional, but regarding the 4th amendment, not the 1st... and due to the 9th's ruling, the unconstitutional part didn't make it to version 2.

Educate yourself.

The fact that the nigh-universal rage of the American people, virtually the entirety of the judicial branch of the government, and damn near every last one of Trump's advisors all combined managed to almost sway Trump's opinion on this matter is telling. His original EO was a blatant "I don't want any damn dirty Muslims in my country" ban that the entire rest of the country put their foot on because screw that. He barely even tried to disguise it behind 'national security'; I mean hell, why in all the hells that ever were or are didn't the list START with North Korea on it if his Muslim ban was "motivated by security concerns"?!

The man gets no credit for an amended version of a Travel Ban that doesn't benefit the country in the slightest and which nobody wanted in the first place.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Except they were.

Explain to me how the Paris Agreement was "bad for the American people". If you say the words "coal plants", I'll disbelieve you because those jobs Trump was trying to 'protect' are dead ends anyways and prolonging them artificially for a few more decades at the cost of ecological devastation is madness. Fossil fuels are two freaking metas ago for energy standards; those jobs are dead and should stay that way. For fuck's sake, CHINA is on board with the Paris Agreement! The poster child for bad decisions and "fuck you, we're doing this OUR way not yours" is on board with the Paris Agreement!

If the Paris Agreement was such a horrible bum deal for the American people, why are several major city and state governments on record as intending to comply with its terms in protestation of Trump's call to start wreckin' everything up again?

We're not even going to talk about the Jerusalem thing. What a godsdamned mess.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Hey, I feel the same way about Hillary Rodham Felon. Tell you what — let's just see who gets a real case built against them faster. It's a race.

I'm willing to watch that race. Especially since Trump keeps trying to deflect criminal allegations aimed at him onto Hillary, who is a disgraced Dem he beat in the race a year ago and whose relevance to the modern times ended with her defeat in said race. Why is that? Who's he trying to convince here?

I'm even willing to spot you the Russian interference bit. No, Trump was not aware of any Russian intervention in the election - not because he's somehow magically above accepting foreign aid when there is not a single damn thing he's proven himself "above" yet, but because Putin is smart enough to goddamned know better than to let Trump himself in on that sort of backroom deal given how awful Trump is at anything resembling discretion. Would you trust Trump with that sort of bomb if you were Putin?

If there was interference (there almost assuredly was; what people fail to realize is that this interference has likely been normal for the last several elections because our Presidential election impacts the world stage more than it should)? It was because Putin knew getting us to elect Trump was letting us shoot ourselves in the knee. He didn't need to work with the man or his political machine whatsoever to accomplish his objectives - Trump is accomplishing those objectives for him without a single Cyrillic syllable passing between the two.

America is a weaker country, badly divided internally, disgraced on the world stage and increasingly isolated from its one-time allies. Russia didn't have to do shit under the table to make that happen; Trump is doing a fine job of fucking us all over all by himself.
Last edited by 1453R on Dec 28, 2017, 1:36:59 PM
"
1453R wrote:
You want to repeal our current welfare systems? Go ahead - on the caveat that you replace them with more effective ones. The rightist/conservative stance of "fuck all'a 'em and let God sort 'em out" is repugnant and I won't stand for it, but you won't find me arguing that we could certainly stand to clean up our act some. That particular fact - that we could stand to clean up our act some - goes for almost everything about this country, which is why I find the general conservative stance so utterly baffling.
There are three types of attempted solutions to problems — full solutions, partial solutions, and making things no better than you were before. In the case of this last one, I'm fully behind repealing without replacing. A lot of government programs for this description — for instance, Obamacare.
"
1453R wrote:
What the goddamned hell is there in our current mess that's worth conserving?
That's ironic: you're not the one arguing for repeals. Indeed, what's worth conserving?
"
1453R wrote:
Is shitposting on Twitter all day every day really an action you consider appropriate for the holder of our nation's highest office?
Yes. Or whatever else weakens the establishment. I mean, are you pro-establishment or not? Do you want some chaos, or not? I want both Democrats and Republicans generally looking silly as fuck. I'm pretty happy.
"
1453R wrote:
His original EO was a blatant "I don't want any damn dirty Muslims in my country" ban
Did you read it? (I already know your answer.)

Top Ten Nations by Muslim population (2010)
1. Indonesia
2. India
3. Pakistan
4. Bangladesh
5. Nigeria
6. Egypt
7. Iran
8. Turkey
9. Algeria
10. Morocco

List of nations effected by current Trump travel EO (in order of extent of prohibition)
1. North Korea (all immigration and visas banned)
1. Syria
3. Iran (student visas allowed with extra scrutiny)
4. Libya (business and travel visas banned)
4. Chad (insert Virgin Islands joke here)
4. Yemen
7. Somalia (all visas allowed, with extra scrutiny)
8. Iraq (immigration allowed, with extra scrutiny)
9. Venezuela (only applies to Venezuelan leadership)
10. Sudan (actually no longer effected, but was on list previously)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Dec 28, 2017, 6:51:31 PM
"
1453R wrote:
The real issue?

One and a half trillion dollars added to the national debt.

Apparently those numbers from the CBO are very debatable. They came to that figure assuming 2.2% GDP growth. We're above that now, and potentially way above that in 2018. The administration uses 2.9% growth projection (conservative - still lower than actual growth for the last 3 quarters). Unfortunately the 1.5 trillion thing turned out to be just another lefty talking point - one that even I bought into for some weeks until I learned better.

Now, granted, this is still gambling. Should it become the case that we drop lower than 2.2% for a time, than it would add even more to the deficit. That's the reason we have a pay-as-you-go law for bills/budgets. Although as we see time and time again, Congress and the Executive Branch don't need to abide by silly things like laws

:(

Edit, finally caught up with the rest of the thread. Objecting to the president's temperament is about as useful as Scrotie admitted to objecting to a president golfing. All of them have done both.

Plenty of presidents have been just as foul mouthed, go read some biographies. They just happened to do it behind the scenes because political correctness. You should be under no illusions that just because presidents don't swear in public, they truly have a halo over their head. Same for Congress. Same for literally everyone really.
Last edited by innervation on Dec 29, 2017, 4:18:18 AM
I have no issue with people provide arguments on a policy. What I disgust is manipulation & hyrocrisy.

National debt grew by 19 Tri during Obama admin 8 years, DOUBLE the debt since history & the Media & Democrats have been silence about it. The same media & democrats make the loudest noice at expenses for protecting the first family when their kids was in NY for 6 months. Now they also suddenly cared about debt!

They lied to the people, making a vast majority of people think they are not getting a tax cut, but now the tax reform go though & when peopole see their tax form, they know people will know they have been lied to, so they change the story from "its benefit only the rich" to "Well, it will increase national debt", "its not perm"

The sad truth in politics (apply to both party) is politican vote & play to party line then for the best of the nation.

My stand for politicans is, after the election, no matter which side you are, your job is to work with, NOT against the current admin. Thats what people paid you for. NOT to resist but to help them!

If you don't like the admin, comes election time, provide arguments why the current admin is not as good, & how you can be better, but between elections, your job is to work together for the good of the people!

Last edited by KiadawP on Dec 29, 2017, 7:23:57 AM
"
KiadawP wrote:
I have no issue with people provide arguments on a policy. What I disgust is manipulation & hyrocrisy.

National debt grew by 19 Tri during Obama admin 8 years, DOUBLE the debt since history & the Media & Democrats have been silence about it. The same media & democrats make the loudest noice at expenses for protecting the first family when their kids was in NY for 6 months. Now they also suddenly cared about debt!

They lied to the people, making a vast majority of people think they are not getting a tax cut, but now the tax reform go though & when peopole see their tax form, they know people will know they have been lied to, so they change the story from "its benefit only the rich" to "Well, it will increase national debt", "its not perm"

The sad truth in politics (apply to both party) is politican vote & play to party line then for the best of the nation.

My stand for politicans is, after the election, no matter which side you are, your job is to work with, NOT against the current admin. Thats what people paid you for. NOT to resist but to help them!

If you don't like the admin, comes election time, provide arguments why the current admin is not as good, & how you can be better, but between elections, your job is to work together for the good of the people!

When Bush was President the liberals complained non-stop about debt, while republicans ran up a massive half-trillion a year deficit. Obama comes along and the roles just reversed. Now Trump is president and the role is switching back.

The truth is, our national debt does not matter at all, neither party has any interest in fixing the debt/deficit.... and there is no good reason to fix it.

As long as billions of people in China(and other 3rd world places) are willing to work 16-20 hours a day making stuff in exchange for imaginary, printed US currency, the debt does not matter. The USA can just print as much currency as they want, and it will never matter, unless all of a sudden billions of 3rd world people decide to quit there jobs and stop making us stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info