ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
diablofb wrote:
is it just me or the left has been more and more aggressive and violent over the last few months? And not just in the US but everywhere.

No, they are getting more crazy and violent by the day, seemingly.

Just yesterday, Hillary said the democrats should stop being civil until they get power back. She's literally encouraging to violence, how can people even think it's right to do so.
Arch-racist Donald Trump seeks prison reform for non-violent offenders:

Donald Trump Endorses Prison Reform; Jeff Sessions ‘Overruled’

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/10/11/donald-trump-endorses-prison-reform-jeff-sessions-overruled/

"

“There has to be a reform because it’s very unfair right now,” Trump said. “It’s very unfair to African Americans. It’s unfair to everybody. And it’s also very costly,” the president commented on Thursday morning in a phone interview with Fox & Friends.

Trump's racist voter base immediately took to the streets to riot in protest of this move, vowing to vote Democrat, because "They know how to handle these people."

Or not... =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
a lil bit of comedy to make things easier in your heart ppl

It is not that I am a supporter of Washington Post but what this editor writes makes a lot of sense.

-------------------------------

By Marc A. Thiessen
Columnist
October 11 at 4:40 PM
Donald Trump may be remembered as the most honest president in modern American history.

Don’t get me wrong, Trump lies all the time. He said that he “enacted the biggest tax cuts and reforms in American history” (actually they are the eighth largest) and that “our economy is the strongest it’s ever been in the history of our country” (which may one day be true, but not yet). In part, it’s a New York thing — everything is the biggest and the best.

But when it comes to the real barometer of presidential truthfulness — keeping his promises — Trump is a paragon of honesty. For better or worse, since taking office Trump has done exactly what he promised he would.

Keep Reading

Trump kept his promise to move the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, something his three immediate predecessors also promised yet failed to do. He promised to “crush and destroy ISIS,” and two years later he is on the verge of eliminating the Islamic State’s physical caliphate. He promised to impose a travel ban on countries that he saw as posing a terrorist threat, and after several false starts the final version of his ban was upheld by the Supreme Court. He promised to punish Syria if it used chemical weapons on its people, and, unlike his immediate predecessor, he followed through — not once but twice.

Trump pledged to nominate Supreme Court justices “in the mold of Justice [Antonin] Scalia,” and now Neil M. Gorsuch and Brett M. Kavanaugh sit on the high court. Trump also pledged to fill the federal appellate courts with young, conservative judges, and so far the Senate has confirmed 29 — more than any recent president at this point in his administration.

Trump vowed to pass historic tax reforms and signed the first major overhaul of the tax code in three decades. He vowed an unprecedented regulatory rollback, with a strict policy to eliminate two existing regulations for every new regulation. In his first year, he achieved $8.1 billion in lifetime regulatory savings and is on track to achieve an additional $9.8 billion this year.

During the campaign, he told African American voters, “What do you have to lose? . . . I will straighten it out. I’ll bring jobs back. We’ll bring spirit back.” On his watch, African American unemployment reached the lowest level ever recorded, and his tax reform included a little-noticed provision creating “Opportunity Zones” to try to revitalize struggling towns and inner-city communities.

Trump promised to cancel President Barack Obama’s Clean Power Plan, withdraw from the Paris climate accord, approve the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, and open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil exploration. He fulfilled all of those pledges.

On trade, he kept his promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership and impose tariffs on steel and aluminum. He also committed to renegotiating NAFTA and the U.S.-Korea Free Trade Agreement — and recently signed new deals with Mexico, Canada and South Korea. He committed to imposing tariffs on China to force it to open its markets and stop its theft of intellectual property — and is following through on that pledge. Whatever one thinks of Trump’s trade policies, he is doing exactly what he said.

The president pledged historic increases in defense spending, and delivered. He pledged to bring back manufacturing jobs, and manufacturing jobs are growing at the fastest pace in more than two decades. He pledged to sign “Right to Try” legislation to give dying Americans access to experimental treatments, and did. He pledged to take on the opioid epidemic and will soon sign a sweeping bipartisan opioids package into law.

Where Trump has failed to keep promises, such as building the wall or repealing Obamacare, it has not been for a lack of trying. Only in a few rare instances has he backtracked on a campaign pledge — such as when he admitted that he was wrong to promise a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan and reversed course. I’m glad he did.

But whether one agrees or disagrees is not the point. When Trump says he will do something, you can take it to the bank. Yes, he takes liberties with the truth. But unlike his predecessor, he did not pass his signature legislative achievement on the basis of a lie (“If you like your health care plan, you can keep it ”) — which is clearly worse than falsely bragging that your tax cut is the biggest ever.

The fact is, in his first two years, Trump has compiled a remarkable record of presidential promise - keeping. He’d probably say it’s the best in history — which may or may not end up being true. It’s too soon to tell.

Read more from Marc Thiessen’s archive, follow him on Twitter or subscribe to his updates on Facebook.

34pre98qua
There’s really not much you could say. What would you do, go on TV and start talking about the biggest buffoon? That gig is up. So many hypocrisies were put on display this last month that “fake news media” is starting to sound reasonable.

Spoiler
Remember when “fake news media” was cool?

"
diablofdb wrote:
Just yesterday, Hillary said the democrats should stop being civil until they get power back. She's literally encouraging to violence, how can people even think it's right to do so.

That’s not what she said, don’t be a snowflake. She said the only way some of our elected officials know how to behave is to be bottlefed power, and they start to stink of you don’t change them regularly. She’d know.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 12, 2018, 12:21:26 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
There’s really not much you could say. What would you do, go on TV and start talking about the biggest buffoon? That gig is up. So many hypocrisies were put on display this last month that “fake news media” is starting to sound reasonable.

Spoiler
Remember when “fake news media” was cool?

"
diablofdb wrote:

That’s not what she said, don’t be a snowflake. She said the only way some of our elected officials know how to behave is to be bottlefed power, and they start to stink of you don’t change them regularly. She’d know.

ohhh xD she said it word for word, "we cannot be civil"
100% of what she said in that interview was bullshit. We don’t need to stretch the truth; that only erodes the efficacy of your argument, and it is unnecessary.

"
It wasn’t a speech to bring together people who had not supported him

You cannot be inclusive when some portion of the audience is violently mentally ill and actively opposed to reason.

"
but instead it was aimed at . . . the white nationalist gut.

Opposition to atheistic religious zealotry is white nationalism? Ironic, considering your colleagues just spent a month acting like Soviets on national TV.

"
And then, over the course of now, two years nearly since the election, we have seen him degrading the rule of law.

Really now? It seems to me that the Trump administration’s policy has been enforcement. What degrades the rule of law is passing into effect new laws, and then not enforcing them.

"
We have seen him delegitimizing our elections.

How so? Are we supposed to just take this as fact?

"
We have seen him spreading corruption

Hahahahahahaha. Head, meet ass. I mean, he appointed Tillerson, a mob-style cleaner to gut the state department of your cronies, Swamp Beast.

"
We have seen him also attacking truth and facts, even reason itself.

He sure does tell a tall tale. That’s a fact. It’s also a fact that your camp has infiltrated all of America’s institutions of information to push unfounded dogma. What’s that? Science is on your side? Kay.

"
And, fundamentally, try to undermine our national unity.

Yup, I will never forgive Trump for spreading lies and raping a family on national TV. Oh, what’s that? Your friends did that? My mistake, it’s just honestly so hard to tell.

"
I was hopeful, I wanted to give him a chance

And that is why you immediately went to work writing a book.

"
Every month that’s gone by, I’ve become more worried about how he governs, and how he treats people

Every month that’s gone by, I become more and more worried your absolute lack of morality and decency, building blocks of a civilized society. You stand for one thing only, power at all costs. At this point, I am fearful for my family’s wellbeing, as you drive us ever closer to a hot civil war.

"
White women

Nah. I’m done. It’s so obvious, it’s unnecessary.

The actual quote:
"
You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength."

Hmm. There’s a conspiracy afoot.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Oct 12, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
let's just imagine if Trump said something like that.... ohhh omg the Medias xD
So I've been thinking about what Kanye West has said about the 13th Amendment (and not the strawman version that interprets "abolish" disingenuously). And while I see the problems he's pointing to, I don't fully agree with his solution.

I don't think imprisonment for a crime should mean a complete lack of responsibility to work towards the maintenance of one's own lifestyle. I have no qualms with forcing prisoners to cook their own meals, clean their own dishes or bathrooms, or clean themselves; furthermore, I usually (but not always) have no qualms with specialization of labor as far as such tasks go, e.g. some prisoners are compelled to cook for other prisoners, some prisoners are compelled to clean up other prisoners' bathroom messes, etc (but not forcing prisoners to bathe other prisoners). As such, I'm not strictly against involuntary servitude for prisoners.

That said, what Ye is pointing to is outside entities, such as for-profit corporations, winning the right to exploit forced prison labor to make their products. This situation is unconscionable and West is right to oppose it. I don't think we need to change the language of the 13th amendment, but I do think we need to clarify, by amendment if necessary, that the product of the forced labor of convicts, whether good or service, shall be exclusively for the consumption of convicts within the same detention system (whose borders are probably best left to law rather than Constitution). This would mean correction officers would NOT be allowed to eat involuntarily prepared food and law-abiding citizens would NOT be allowed to receive prisoner-manufactured license plates.

In short, forced labor to DIRECTLY keep the costs of imprisonment down is valid from my perspective, but there is an undeniable link between the outsourcing of prison labor and the unethical war on drugs perpetrated against the black communities of the US. I wouldn't go full Ye on this one, but we can at least demand that the benefits of said labor remain in-house, to the benefit of the prisoners themselves, rather than feeding the prison-industrial complex.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So I've been thinking about what Kanye West has said about the 13th Amendment (and not the strawman version that interprets "abolish" disingenuously). And while I see the problems he's pointing to, I don't fully agree with his solution.

I don't think imprisonment for a crime should mean a complete lack of responsibility to work towards the maintenance of one's own lifestyle. I have no qualms with forcing prisoners to cook their own meals, clean their own dishes or bathrooms, or clean themselves; furthermore, I usually (but not always) have no qualms with specialization of labor as far as such tasks go, e.g. some prisoners are compelled to cook for other prisoners, some prisoners are compelled to clean up other prisoners' bathroom messes, etc (but not forcing prisoners to bathe other prisoners). As such, I'm not strictly against involuntary servitude for prisoners.

That said, what Ye is pointing to is outside entities, such as for-profit corporations, winning the right to exploit forced prison labor to make their products. This situation is unconscionable and West is right to oppose it. I don't think we need to change the language of the 13th amendment, but I do think we need to clarify, by amendment if necessary, that the product of the forced labor of convicts, whether good or service, shall be exclusively for the consumption of convicts within the same detention system (whose borders are probably best left to law rather than Constitution). This would mean correction officers would NOT be allowed to eat involuntarily prepared food and law-abiding citizens would NOT be allowed to receive prisoner-manufactured license plates.

In short, forced labor to DIRECTLY keep the costs of imprisonment down is valid from my perspective, but there is an undeniable link between the outsourcing of prison labor and the unethical war on drugs perpetrated against the black communities of the US. I wouldn't go full Ye on this one, but we can at least demand that the benefits of said labor remain in-house, to the benefit of the prisoners themselves, rather than feeding the prison-industrial complex.

There is nothing wrong with helping prisoners rehabilitate, by teaching them how to be productive members of society, by producing goods for society.

You can stop the "war on drugs" and all the imprisonment it causes, without removing such a fantastic aspect of rehabilitation from prisons. I dont see why the two have to be connected.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info