ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I think most of the current opposition to tariffs is because Trump is doing it. If Bernie was President, he would be doing alot of the same stuff, and we would see only Republicans complaining, and all Democrats would support tarrifs.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Long wall of text

We can go into semantics, work as in operate and function in a location and what you are referring to is affect. You are just nitpicking. But I don't feel like writing a essay about it, I will just leave it.

We are going to talk about tariff. Tit for tat tariffs is an very effective counter strategy against tariff. If you don't give in to their demand. You hurt them twice and they gain nothing. It force an opponent to be cooperative, or they will just hurt themselves. So I'm advocating more tariffs.

As counter to Trump nonsense. I initially thought that punish all for the acts of one appear to be bad taste... but after pondering for a while maybe not since he probably doing that as leverage in his other negotiation like NAFTA and NATO. People need to take him as a serious threat. If he screw everyone, I hope everyone gang up to screw him.

Last edited by deathflower on Jun 4, 2018, 3:58:12 PM
It amuses me so many countries have no problem with tariffs on USA goods...

Until Trump comes along and smacks em right back in the face with tariffs, and they can do little unless they want to laughably lose a trade war with USA.

Some people sure are hypocrites.

Best economy in our lifetimes in USA, and tariffs are part of why the picture is so rosy here.

U S A

500th day of us having trump in power and things are looking good on many, many fronts.
"
Templar_G wrote:
It amuses me so many countries have no problem with tariffs on USA goods...

Until Trump comes along and smacks em right back in the face with tariffs, and they can do little unless they want to laughably lose a trade war with USA.

Some people sure are hypocrites.

Best economy in our lifetimes in USA, and tariffs are part of why the picture is so rosy here.

U S A

500th day of us having trump in power and things are looking good on many, many fronts.

Yup.. Sure is easy to have fun with someone elses money.

Good luck when the repayments are due.

:)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-09/u-s-budget-deficit-to-balloon-to-1-trillion-by-2020-cbo-says

Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Whaaaaat iiiiiffff... now bear with me for a moment... what if the US made more of its own steel...

The entirety of everybody commenting on steel tariffs assumes that the US market will not seize the opportunity to produce more steel. Does anybody remember when the world ran on American made superior quality steel? I’m old enough to remember the previous generation constantly bitching up a storm during the transition to cheap Chinese shit.

Buying cheap from American scrapyards plus environmentally devastating recycling processes plus slave labor equals economic warfare. Fuck em. [Insert link to climate change thread]

From the brief reading I have seen on the current steel problems, production itself isn't so much a problem as the transportation costs getting steel to the west coast facilities that utilize it. Whether it will be cheaper and worthwhile long term to move the manufacturing closer to the steel plants, I have no idea.

The cost of housing, taxes and labor might make it less, given California's exorbitant rates.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Khoranth wrote:
I think most of the current opposition to tariffs is because Trump is doing it. If Bernie was President, he would be doing alot of the same stuff, and we would see only Republicans complaining, and all Democrats would support tarrifs.

How dare you point out the truth! ;-)
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
The TRUTH is that EXTRATERRESTRIALS have TAKEN OVER almost EVERY government in the world and are hiding in DUMBS (Deep underground military bases)!!! They ABDUCT CHILDREN and harvest ADRENOCHROME from them...! FACTS
"
IMSilver wrote:
The TRUTH is that EXTRATERRESTRIALS have TAKEN OVER almost EVERY government in the world and are hiding in DUMBS (Deep underground military bases)!!! They ABDUCT CHILDREN and harvest ADRENOCHROME from them...! FACTS
Let's suppose that a group of members from one species — say, humans — discovers a substance they want to harvest long-term from a much less evolved species — say, milk from cows.

Which of the following scenarios is more likely:
1) the superior species uses its superior technology to completely dominate the lesser species, gives zero fucks about whether the lesser species is aware of the superior species or even IF the lesser species thinks, much less WHAT it thinks, and ultimately holds the lesser species in total and blatantly obvious captivity, OR
2) People dress up as cows and/or stealthily hide in the shadows to ensure the cows are unaware of human presence, sneaking away milk only while the cows are asleep and drugged to ensure they don't wake?

Your claim here is tinfoil idiocy. If an extraterrestrial species was aware of us and wanted anything we had, we would be keenly aware of their existence and powerless to stop them. Our societies would vanish and immediately be replaced by extremely overt extraterrestrial control. The strong do not fucking hide from the weak, in DUMBs or otherwise. Because this isn't the case, we know one of two things must be true: either 1) there are no extraterrestrials that are aware of our existence or that of our solar system, or 2) all extraterrestrials aware of us or our solar system want absolutely nothing from either at this time.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 5, 2018, 2:03:13 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
IMSilver wrote:
Let's suppose that a group of members from one species — say, humans — discovers a substance they want to harvest long-term from a much less evolved species — say, milk from cows.

Which of the following scenarios is more likely:
1) the superior species uses its superior technology to completely dominate the lesser species, gives zero fucks about whether the lesser species is aware of the superior species or even IF the lesser species thinks, much less WHAT it thinks, and ultimately holds the lesser species in total and blatantly obvious captivity, OR
2) People dress up as cows and/or stealthily hide in the shadows to ensure the cows are unaware of human presence, sneaking away milk only while the cows are asleep and drugged to ensure they don't wake?

Your claim here is tinfoil idiocy. If an extraterrestrial species was aware of us and wanted anything we had, we would be keenly aware of their existence and powerless to stop them. Our societies would vanish and immediately be replaced by extremely overt extraterrestrial control. The strong do not fucking hide from the weak, in DUMBs or otherwise. Because this isn't the case, we know one of two things must be true: either 1) there are no extraterrestrials that are aware of our existence or that of our solar system, or 2) all extraterrestrials aware of us or our solar system want absolutely nothing from either at this time.

Dude, you wrote a big long detailed serious response to a statement that was obviously a joke.

You thereby made his joke, actually amusing.
oh ok
//go next

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info