ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
The effects of a new administration don't begin to manifest until month 18.
I don't buy this at all. Markets react noticeably to news stories from the day before, and it doesn't take a full year for a company to plan expansion and higher new employees. The time between policy change and empirical results varies by metric, but almost always responds faster than you give it credit for.

That said…
"
Go back in the charts
M'kay. (On all charts Nov 9, 2016 is marked to the best of my ability.)

Unemployment rate

Dow Jones Industrial Average

With the exception of the stock market — which basically took off running upwards as soon as it became clear rioters weren't going to burn down major cities — Trump hasn't really been significantly worse than Obama, nor was Obama significantly worse than Trump.

I think the reasonable presidential blame recipient for the housing crisis was G.W. Bush, not Obama, even if I do blame that crisis mostly on the federal attempt to push Affirmative Action onto the mortgage industry. Since that crisis, positive trends began under (but not necessarily caused by) the Obama administration, and Trump did not disrupt these trends — contrary to the doomsaying predictions of NeverTrumpers.

In conclusion, both Obama and Trump are better for the economy than the neocon asshats NeverTrump Republicans idolize, demonstrating once again that they are part of a dying paradigm that won't be missed.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 2, 2018, 1:35:42 AM
I love seeing so many people here supporting the obvious, that supporting trump and getting him elected was the best thing that's happened to this country in a long time, economically and in other ways as well.

When so many huge companies, including VERY liberal companies like Apple even, attributed their returning plants to USA, or even trillions of dollars overseas they refused to bring back for decades, to create plants here, because of the tax cuts Trump, and us, supported, you know the truth.

WE, are Making America Great Again.

Not ghettonomics lefties.

I love all the Liberals and MSM baggin on Trumps tariffs

Bernie was huge into tariffs
http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-trade/

TDS is real. Must suck to be liberal. Stand for nothing fall for anything.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 2, 2018, 2:21:40 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I love all the Liberals and MSM baggin on Trumps tariffs

Bernie was huge into tariffs
http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-trade/

TDS is real. Must suck to be liberal. Stand for nothing fall for anything.

Cuz the left is all about hypocrisy lately.

The double standards are sort of funny now, with everyone noticing.

It's not just politicians... actors too apparently.

I'm so glad people are waking up to this.

On a side note... this incursion temple stuff has me hating this game right now.

Really bad layout messed up my temple (not enough monsters to kill... long barren hall).

GGG is annoying me now about as much as eating lunch with Hillary would annoy me.
"
Templar_G wrote:
I love seeing so many people here supporting the obvious, that supporting trump and getting him elected was the best thing that's happened to this country in a long time, economically and in other ways as well.

When so many huge companies, including VERY liberal companies like Apple even, attributed their returning plants to USA, or even trillions of dollars overseas they refused to bring back for decades, to create plants here, because of the tax cuts Trump, and us, supported, you know the truth.

WE, are Making America Great Again.

Not ghettonomics lefties.

Obama largely continued Bush economic policies to stabilize the economy, which Clinton tried to single handedly destroy with insane home loan policies.

I think Obama/Bush did a good job saving the economy from the Clinton insanity, and Trump is doing amazing growing the economy.
Last edited by Khoranth on Jun 2, 2018, 5:18:50 AM
The steel and aluminium tariffs are extremely stupid and will only hurt your economy. We are just gonna increase the price of our aluminium and steel to have an equivalence and in the end, it will means that all the products that use aluminium and steel that are made in the US will cost more. It's extremely short-sighted of Trump to do that.

As for the economy under Trump, I'd say it's expected to see this for the moment since he sacrificed a lot of the long and medium term for the short term. We'll see in a few years.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
The steel and aluminium tariffs are extremely stupid and will only hurt your economy. We are just gonna increase the price of our aluminium and steel to have an equivalence and in the end, it will means that all the products that use aluminium and steel that are made in the US will cost more. It's extremely short-sighted of Trump to do that.

As for the economy under Trump, I'd say it's expected to see this for the moment since he sacrificed a lot of the long and medium term for the short term. We'll see in a few years.

I predict a Trump boom, and a Trump slump. Trump need to fulfill his destiny. If History prove anything, Republican presidents are bad omens. From what I heard almost every Republican presidents since Teddy Roosevelt has had a recession in their first term.

Trump's global trade wars STARTDO. Return fire if Trump hit you and shout "U.S. treats us very badly on trade.”
"
faerwin wrote:

My idea of sacrificing a lot of long-term in exchange for short-term is driving up the national debt in exchange for increased government spending/subsidies now. While I won't pretend that Trump is an angel in this regard (ex: signing the omnibus spending bill), Obama did it more.

I have mixed feels on tariffs. I think tariffs are only justified if they're targeted against bad actors — hypothetically, a foreign industry whose government fails to prevent from using slave labor. In the case of steel tariffs, the Trump administration argument is that 1) the Chinese steel industry is such a bad actor and 2) a steel tariff targeted to China would easily be circumvented, such as by having Canadian manufacturers import Chinese steel as raw material for manufactured goods exported to the US. While I kinda see their points, it seems to me like a case of punishing the entire world's steel industry just to get at the Chinese steel industry — not particularly fair and particularly vulnerable to unforeseen consequences. I'm hoping it's part of a short-term strategy to negotiate with China, and not a permanent plank of the Trump economic platform.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Michael Moore implies Roseanne helped elect Trump with her lies and bigotry
"
For the past few years, Roseanne [Barr]… operates in the same sewer of lies, conspiracy theories and bigotry that’s been rising in America for years and that has now succeeded in electing our current president.
VS
Best accidental endorsement ever

Don Lemon
"
There’s no question today’s job report is good news, including the news that we’re as closest we’ve ever been to full employment in the black community. But what’s full employment without full respect?
VS
Kanye West and Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson
"
Haters give me salty looks, Lawry's
Fifty told me go 'head switch the style up
And if they hate then let 'em hate
And watch the money pile up
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 3, 2018, 12:19:00 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

My idea of sacrificing a lot of long-term in exchange for short-term is driving up the national debt in exchange for increased government spending/subsidies now. While I won't pretend that Trump is an angel in this regard (ex: signing the omnibus spending bill), Obama did it more.

I have mixed feels on tariffs. I think tariffs are only justified if they're targeted against bad actors — hypothetically, a foreign industry whose government fails to prevent from using slave labor. In the case of steel tariffs, the Trump administration argument is that 1) the Chinese steel industry is such a bad actor and 2) a steel tariff targeted to China would easily be circumvented, such as by having Canadian manufacturers import Chinese steel as raw material for manufactured goods exported to the US. While I kinda see their points, it seems to me like a case of punishing the entire world's steel industry just to get at the Chinese steel industry — not particularly fair and particularly vulnerable to unforeseen consequences. I'm hoping it's part of a short-term strategy to negotiate with China, and not a permanent plank of the Trump economic platform.

That is the funny part. People are in favor of free trade and increasing trade openness, but continue to practice protectionism when it is favorable to them. It is the kettle calling the pot black.

And what do you think tariffs are? Those trade protectionism benefit China and protect their home turf, why would they want to stop? They will take it down when it is favorable for them to do so. Not today. The Truth to enrich a country is you need to do both. How it is done and when is done is critical to economic success.

Just look at China steel production. China - 831.73 million tonnes of steel. US - 81.6 million metric tons of steel. China is the world’s largest steel exporter. China dominate the global steel markets. To put it mildly, China is making all the steel.

That tariff is so cheesy, since U.S. doesn't buy much of Chinese steel anyway, it is more about coercing the rest of the world not to buy cheap Chinese steel. Who do you think we buy all our steel from? Definitely not America. America is only 5% of world steel export and China will just laugh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info