VP was never the problem

"
I honestly don't even care. Pretty much every build of mine is now dead.

CWC Tank = DEAD

Wild Strike Raider = DEAD

Molten Strike Boss Killer = DEAD

Scourge Flurry Scion = DEAD

Kitava's Frostbolt Assassin = DEAD

And the list goes on. I won't be pigeonholed into Summoner or Slayer. Fuck this.

I said it before and I keep my word. This is where I stop all support and playing.

Have fun playing logout mini-games sprinkled with one-shots on top.

Why are all these dead? I've played a wild strike raider every league, molten strike never needed VP because its TTK is so short you could just dodge once then gib the boss. I don't know the specifics of the rest but i really don't think all these are dead, their skill caps probably risen thats about it.
"
kshuxxx wrote:
"
NessOnett8 wrote:
Can we just appreciate for a moment the irony of a guy saying "All my builds were centered around abusing this one single mechanic, but with that gone, where is the build diversity?"

This is why I'm glad ACTUAL game designers are in charge of balance and not people like you. It doesn't take MUCH of a brain to see that One-shots being common were BECAUSE of VP existing, not the other way around.

Yes, one-shots will always exist. But without VP they will be reserved for select boss fights(unless your build is straight up garbage), and you won't have to worry about the random crit frog or whatever BS you're talking about. So, I guess by defending VP, you're in favor of every frog potentially one-shotting you? Because that is LITERALLY the argument you're making. They can't fix this problem without fixing VP first, or it would go back to trivializing everything like what happened when VP first came out.

Fun fact: before VP existed, this problem you're referring to didn't exist. And the game ran like that for years. Odd that VP would be introduced to solve a problem that DIDN'T EXIST as you're alleging...that seems fairly unlikely.

You must be new to poe , all that you said has no logic , i never stated VP was good , its not good even now , designing a game around leech its bad as you just go full hp nodes as your only defense.
And if u dont understand from the new bs shaped items we will again get power creep ,and no monster damage balance.
This game is slowly becoming more and more of a glass cannon design , kill before you get killed.
The defense mechanics armour , evasion,dodge , block , spell block become more useless with every patch.
To bring back more build into meta they should cut monster damage by 5 times and cut player damage by 100 times , maybe then meta will change.

Did you just suggest that in order to make all the different defenses more popular, they should CUT monster damage by 5 times?

I have no clue how you're not a developer already.
"
Apachy wrote:
Judging by nodes statistics VP is used in 40% of builds (70-100lv)!
http://pathofstats.com/passives?level=70+-+100

So, 40% of the builds are dead!

What? What kind of logic is that?

My current build uses Vaal Pact, but it certainly is not dead if you remove VP.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
the thing is, what else will they change, if they ONLY nerf vp, then we definitely wont have much build diversity left, but if they DO change the whole defense mechanic or spike damage? man will that be good
"
the thing is, what else will they change, if they ONLY nerf vp, then we definitely wont have much build diversity left, but if they DO change the whole defense mechanic or spike damage? man will that be good

I wouldnt expect any changes at all.

3.1 dmg output and defense mechanics will the same as in 3.0 minus VP.
Unnerfed Slayer plus Atziris Acuity plus new vaal pact needs to not be a thing though. 120% liferegen per second from ovverleech even while not attacking and instaleech on crit? Slayer is my favorite ascendancy but it getting that strong would really ruin the game until the next nerf.
VP was an issue and that's coming from me out of all people however the backfire of removing VP is pretty severe.

Mods doing 99999999999999k DPS
Reflection
Lots of builds just died because they NEEDED that VP which is obviously gone now

Whatever the case is the 1k balence team doesn't really know what the fuck there doing half of the time ffs they use numbers on DUMMIES target dummies not boss instances etc just plain target dummies.

I'm coo though I got lots of meta ready to go.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"VP was never the problem"

Exactly.

Problems have only players who are not able to figure out something different (in this case popular VP builds), so GGG will make another illusion for them and for rest of players less diversity.

Those who say removing Vaal Pact will grow in diversity do make math: 10 - 1 = 9. Instead of that nerf, they could reworked VP add as new node to rise diversity instead.

Every build depends on leech will take Vaal Pact. So whats the difference? Vaal Pact now will be used even more than before: there are builds who facetank all content without it.

Exact same people will sooner or later whine again.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 17, 2017, 12:29:49 PM
"
I wouldnt expect any changes at all.

3.1 dmg output and defense mechanics will the same as in 3.0 minus VP.

if thats the case, most builds will be extremely underwhelming compared to totem/minion/slayer, similar to ES as it is now. Not to say it's not viable, but just straight up worse than all above.

Still, i would at least be optimistic till patch note came out, they do release specter consistency when it became meme this league, and they also address the vp issue people brought out, considering this expanse is all about end game, some nice touch on the defense end of the game wont be too far a stretch to be expected.
Welp, welcome to the Life On Hit meta.........?

Although I have dreams of a different league starter each and every time (Flame Totem and Cyclone last two leagues, for instance) I always get to level 70-80 and say "fuck this!".

Then I restart with a 2H Warchief totem build, clear to T15 maps, sort through the best gear I have found and saved, and find an alternative build that fits my loot, and restart with that.

THIS time I plan to short circuit this and just start with the AW build. That should save me a couple weeks at least.

Oh, and the point is that the VP change is irrelevant to all that, and will only affect that sort-and-pick secondary build choice.

HOWEVER, and mark this, when they nerf totems somehow in the next big expansion (I am reserving this prediction now) I have no fucking idea what I am going to do.
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Nov 17, 2017, 1:31:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info