So, Vaal pact nerf?

"
Yogoff wrote:

By the way: It is possible to tank Shaper Slam with just 5K HP.. all you need is a Basalt Flask, Fortify and a Granite Flask ;)

That would put shaper slam in the same category as izaro with a 2h mace, which it clearly isn't you won't get anywhere close to it with those 3.

I believe its somewhere around 16k phys so your looking at about 75% phys reduction to eat a slam with 5k hp.
"
BlackCorsair wrote:
I hope they at least will show now in game more info about leech - how much hp i can leech during 1 second, etc.

Because right now we have all those "+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum life leech rate" which is hardly understandable or possible to calculate without pen, paper and a bottle of vodka.

Its not as complicated as people make it, any kind of build that can map reliably will always leech at the max rate, so anything that increases the rate will do nothing for you (something like carnage heart for example)

anything that increases max leech % is where the moneys at, its why slayers have such effective leech without VP and for any kind of none VP character you kinda have to go collect a bit if you really want to recover quickly.

default caps 20% so adding 10% is a fairly massive increase.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Nov 17, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
If atziri's acuity and bloodseeker not changes all will normal. All who played with VP will buy this two items and play simillar as with having VP. Or we can see some new uniques or changes in skill tree that compensate this nerf partially and this will be balancy and good. So stop whine and take it!
SS exiles
This nerf will force characters with shit like 20 million dps and 4k HP(I know I'm exaggerating) to balance between damage and survivability by lower dmg and invest in real defense.
And don't say defence suck in this game. Things like your 3k armour, 5k eva or 30% block arent real defence.
btw. you will also rediscover magic world of flasks :)

tltr. I love this change.

Last edited by pijanapanda on Nov 18, 2017, 4:09:34 AM
"
Vampiruga wrote:
If atziri's acuity and bloodseeker not changes all will normal. All who played with VP will buy this two items and play simillar as with having VP. Or we can see some new uniques or changes in skill tree that compensate this nerf partially and this will be balancy and good. So stop whine and take it!
SS exiles

but we talk about GGG either they nerf it to the ground or its untouched ...

how many vialble es builds you know ? ( beside RF ?? ) ... how many active vaal skills are still playble ? VPS and i bet they nerf it aswell...

i like spells caster, but caster are for me as es based ( themewise ) not possible in the current meta ...

"
pijanapanda wrote:
This nerf will force characters with shit like 20 million dps and 4k HP(I know I'm exaggerating) to balance between damage and survivability by lower dmg and invest in real defense.
And don't say defence suck in this game. Things like your 3k armour, 5k eva or 30% block arent real defence.
btw. you will also rediscover magic world of flasks :)

tltr. I love this change.

and comments like that are the worst lol.... I Play with 200%+ life on tree have dodge + 40% block and without VP.... i still oneshot myself to Reflect... i have taken every damm life node + every jewel with 7% life ....
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Last edited by KillerKrug on Nov 18, 2017, 1:00:49 PM
i don't think i've died to reflect since they changed it to one mob. there is a ridiculous amount of ways to mitigate the damage, and/or straight up avoid it.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_reflection#Reflect_mitigation

you can even become immune to reflect damage. if you only die to reflect then its probably time to invest in reflect mitigation
"
KillerKrug wrote:
and comments like that are the worst lol.... I Play with 200%+ life on tree have dodge + 40% block and without VP.... i still oneshot myself to Reflect... i have taken every damm life node + every jewel with 7% life ....

But you are using Headhunter which is dangerous against reflect. Stealing all damage mods against which you have low mitigation is dangerous.

Also as a sidenote acrobatics isn't overall helping you. 72% block with Rumi's > 50% block + 30% dodge chance. 0,5 x (1-0,3) = 0,65 which is less than 0,72. You also loose 8% spell block :(

"
xMustard wrote:
i don't think i've died to reflect since they changed it to one mob. there is a ridiculous amount of ways to mitigate the damage, and/or straight up avoid it.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_reflection#Reflect_mitigation

you can even become immune to reflect damage. if you only die to reflect then its probably time to invest in reflect mitigation

Completely agree. Also on top of those listed in that article there are numerous ways of dealing with reflect through changing style of play. Splitting damage into physical and elemental. Having 2 damage setups and using the lower one against reflect rares. Move in close if you have Far Shot and away if you have point blank. And so on and so on.

There are countless ways to deal with reflect. It's not hard to deal with.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Nov 18, 2017, 4:39:38 PM
ya i mean...honestly i swear the people who are complaining about reflect are new to the game and have never experienced it when it used to be a full pack of mobs with the effect - blue mob pack. now then it was somewhat difficult to deal with at times. most lazy way was just to have a 2ndary attack to deal with them. AKA phys dmg vs ele reflect and visa versa, or just one that does little dmg but 4-5 hits against the pack still kills it.

the only time reflect is an issue is when you one shot yourself to it (which you do far more often when it was packs and not a single mob) but at that point vaal pact doesn't do anything to help.

vaal pact and reflect IMO are damn near mutually exclusive. almost nothing to do with each other at all
"
xMustard wrote:
vaal pact and reflect IMO are damn near mutually exclusive. almost nothing to do with each other at all

Vaal Pact can easily save builds that have insane DPS but low enough damage per hit to not kill themselves on the first reflected hit.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

Vaal Pact can easily save builds that have insane DPS but low enough damage per hit to not kill themselves on the first reflected hit.

every life leech does that - you just can't hit consecutively too quickly with regular leech compared to current vaal pact. so vaal pact just makes it brainless.

or, you know, spec to take less reflected damage - you can be reflect immune quite easily too. or you know, the other 900 ways to not die to reflect, like not using your 900m dps main clear skill to kill reflect mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info